Angels trade for Vernon Wells

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Desperate move by a desperate team.

Vernon Wells is overrated and overpaid. He's even been quoted as saying he doesnt deseve that kinda of money.

Why not throw 22+ million at Crawford? Since thats what their spending on Wells anyway...

And Wells is not coming off his best season. That was in 2003 and 06. Wells is a good outfielder but very inconstant with the bat and his defense is not what it used to be.

The angels are paying Hunter(35) and Wells(32), two players entering the backend of their careers, 41 million together. Thats 33% of their payroll for those two hitters. The angels are not investing their money very wisely these days......

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Yeah it was really painful watching them play lol. What pisses me off now is going to the stadium when they play Boston and half the fans are Sox fans. Son of a biiiitch that irritates me lol. I just want to smack the shit out of all of them. How the fuck are you a Boston fan living in Santa Ana, Anaheim, etc?! Stupid fair weather fans
Those used to be Angels fans back in 2002.......:dead:

Sep 15, 2009
Lol very true and you're right about the 2003 season. Offensively, last year was Wells' best season since 2003. He is over payed, but I'm still happy they got him. I saw that he can opt out of his contract after this year, but why would he when he's making lots of money lol. Not sure if its in his contract that Angels could let him go after this season.

Sep 15, 2009
To add to this, bandwagon fans are annoying, but at least they hopped on the wagon of their hometown team. It's more annoying to see bandwagon fans of a team that plays on the other side of the country

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
when the fuck will oakland even finish on top of the AL West? used to goto angel games back in the 80s when iw as a kid moved out of nevada an try an goto every game they play in Oakland!

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
the angels r just like the dodgers
all happy to get table scraps
LETS GO OAKLAND!!!!!
LOL...OAKLAND GOES THROUGH MORE SECOND HAND PLAYERS THAN ANYONE ELSE.

ANGELS NEEDED TO DO SOMETHING CONSIDERING ARTE MORENO TALKED BIG ABOUT DROPPING DOUGH TO GET THE ANGELS BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS.
ANGELS MISTAKE WAS THINKING THAT MOST THEIR PROSPECTS WERE GONNA PAN OUT...THEY COULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME GOOD PLAYERS FOR THEIR PROSPECTS BUT HELD ON TO THEM AND THEY UNDERACHEIVED OR GOT CAREER ENDING INJURIES...MIKE SCIOSCIA IS A DAMN GOOD COACH...AS LONG AS SCIOSOCA IS THEIR COACH THEIR GONNA BE A TOUGH TEAM REGARDLESS.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
When I was a kid my dad and grampa brought us to Angels spring training. I remember I got Wally Joyner and Phil and Joe Neikros autograph on a baseball. I later used the ball to play baseball. Lol

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
1)aybar...2)abreu...3)tori hunter...4)morales...5)wells...6)kendricks...7)boujas....8)isturiz....9)mathis!...dosent sound too bad right about now,..morales is a beast coming off injury and is only gonna sweeten this new line up again!...

and not to mention our starting rotation,..plus our 2 lefties we got to sweeten our bullpen,...angels should be alright!

j19

Sicc OG
Oct 23, 2008
i love how everyone's a angels fan now of days like the dodgers...w/ there dumb ass big a on there window...u wanted to be like the dodgers u got it

j19

Sicc OG
Oct 23, 2008
True the Ca is cool, the only people that r nervous
is the angles fans hoping this ant mathews part 2