Angels trade for Vernon Wells

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2009
Haven't seen anyone post this up and most of you probably don't care since you're all Giants/As fans lol.

Good pick up for the Angels. They traded Mike Napoli and Juan Rivera to get him. Hopefully they can also pick up a good pitcher too.

Jan 18, 2006
haha, fuck the Whiners, Queefs, Bronchoes, Chargers, Patriots, Lakers, Heat, FailBlazers, Kings, Stankees, Angels, Cardinals and thats it for now

May 6, 2002
The press release/conference was yesterday.

I have never thought very highly of Rivera. The guy is clutch, but I don't fall into the clutch hype. He's a Yankee farm member and I don't like that type of ball. So that's not a bad release.

Napoli has power, but lacks speed. I rather have a quick catcher than a strong one. Great player though. He should be missed by the organization.

I think Wells is a pretty good pick up. He is going to be playing the outfield with Hunter.

We should definitely finish above the A's and the Mariners, but the Rangers still look like the power house. Last I read Toronto is looking to send Nap to the Rangers as well.

May 6, 2002
I don't see how anyone can hate the Angels.
It's one of the most classiest organizations in baseball.

The majority of its fans don't really know much outside of "Angel Baseball" but the team itself is full of good people.

Sep 15, 2009
Lots of fans came out all of a sudden after the WS win, which is what happens to any hometown team. Tickets went up a bit too. Back in the day my parents would always take us to games and we would get field level seats for dirt cheap. I remember the Sunday when Vlad got signed, I was excited as fuck! He was my favorite ball player and still is. Not many Angel "fans" knew who he was. It pissed me off to see all sorts of people rocking his jersey his second season as an Angel.

Anyway, to whoever said Vernon Wells is the second coming of Gary Matthews Jr, and "a waste of fuckin money..." you sir are a fuckin idiot.

Matthews Jr has NEVER hit 20 home runs in a season. Wells has had 7 seasons with 20+ home runs and would have 1-2 more if it wasn't for injuries. He's coming off his best season as well

May 6, 2002
I remember getting solid seats for $6 when I was a kid. I admit that it was painful to go because more often than not we would lose. For me to see the Angel's win a game was a miracle.

The WS made the Angels what they are today. We needed that.

Same with the Ducks winning the cup. Duck fans are one of the worst. A little more knowledgeable than Kings fans though.

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah it was really painful watching them play lol. What pisses me off now is going to the stadium when they play Boston and half the fans are Sox fans. Son of a biiiitch that irritates me lol. I just want to smack the shit out of all of them. How the fuck are you a Boston fan living in Santa Ana, Anaheim, etc?! Stupid fair weather fans