Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

damng

Sicc OG
Apr 19, 2008
im about to be fuckin with the hero, sold my ipod touch since i wouldnt need that useless shit anymore...this thread made me want a droid phone. good lookin mutha fuckas!

edit: i re-read my words, sounds like a damn infomercial testimonial; "check out these satisfied customers!!!"

Feb 14, 2006
im not reading thru all of these pages to see if its mentioned but i just finished a droid training class for sprint and found out that anyone one with a droid phone can walkie talkie(very simular to DC) anyone else with a droid phone no matter what service they have. sprint t mobile verizon.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Rumor: HTC Scorpio(n) coming to Verizon with 1.5Ghz CPU, will the madness ever stop?

June 3, 2010 | by Chris Smith

HTC, Rumors, Verizon

According to an “infamous ROM hacker”, conflipper’s Twitter page a new HTC device named (or codenamed) the Scorpion is on it’s way to Verizon as well as Bell Mobility. MobileCrunch picked up the story and because of it being a single Twitter post very little is known about the rumored device other than it is packing a 1.5Ghz processor.

Something strange about this is that when MobileCrunch heard about this device a while back they believed that it would run on a 4G WiMax network. If that is still the case it looks like it should be headed to Sprint’s 4G network, not Verizon’s soon to be LTE. There is no real validation to any of this so it could be coming to either carrier. Nonetheless, it appears that speed is the only thing holding mobile and handheld devices from being small “super-computers” in your pocket. It’s kind of crazy.

A discussion begs to be had here. Is there ever going to be a thing as “too much power” for a mobile phone? Or are we happy to go to the cell phone depot and walk out with the latest-greatest device, only having it be trumped by something later-and-greater as soon as we get home? I love technology, but this stuff is getting expensive; upgrading to the newest device is no longer a bi-yearly event for gadget hounds. Even a year is cutting it close. So, do you think that the Android upgrade pace is too crazy or are you in for the ride?

http://androinica.com/2010/06/03/ru...n-with-1-5ghz-cpu-will-the-madness-ever-stop/

Jul 4, 2009
i played that shit last night for almost an hour, app is dope its kinda difficult to steer but i got the hand of it.
That shit refused to download for me on the phone, it installed but it had to install additional data and it took about 30 mins for the bar to move a little bit
here go my screen cap:
sorry if that wasnt clear enuff but yes the ANdroid software phones not just the driod phones
You guys didnt know this?

Jan 18, 2006
For anyone that cares, on Demonoid a couple people made torrents with up to date apps big files for Droid but its more then worth it

Jan 18, 2006
yeah i ended up just searching each one i was interested in in the market just to get reviews and to see which ones were actually pay apps

damng

Sicc OG
Apr 19, 2008
the evo is going to be the exact same thing as the hero, imho...just a bigger screen. speed (a little faster), visual similarities. only difference i notice majorly is the screen size. besides, where i stay 4G isnt even available yet.