Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
Earlier this month, General Motors hinted at a partnership with a major tech company to fully overhaul their telematics system OnStar. While OnStar CEO Chris Preuss was tight-lipped about who that partner was, Motor Trend has just reported it's Google. If the rumor's true, GM will make the Chevy Volt the first Android-based vehicle to hit the road.

434diggsdigg

GM first made wind of its plans for a Volt and smart-phone pair-up when it unveiled the Chevy Volt OnStar app for Android, iPhone and Blackberry devices in January. Not only can you start the car from the app, it tells you if the Volt is plugged in or not and whether it's charging at 120V or 240V. Charging can also be scheduled via the app to benefit from off-peak rates

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/05/googles_android_os_headed_to_the_chevy_volt.php

Jan 5, 2007
Alright i got some questions, hopin ya'll can help me out.

1. im running 2.1 - update 2 (freshhh). Now my question is, are there any newer or better roms out for my htc hero?

2. whats the newest radio update for my phone? and will it block me from updating in the future? (seen some comments saying it would)

3. my live wallpapers don't work any fix?

4. how does wireless tethering work? can i turn it on and my 360 find it and i can play on-line or is there more to it? they aren't gonna bill me so ridic price are they? i got sprint, nd my plan includes unlimited data.

5. now that im rooted i lost sprint tv. is there any better tv apps? or whats the best one?

i think thats about it. i should of rooted when i first got it. also what is the swipe function does it work on the hero?

thanks.

Jul 4, 2009
Alright i got some questions, hopin ya'll can help me out.

1. im running 2.1 - update 2 (freshhh). Now my question is, are there any newer or better roms out for my htc hero?
Fresh 2.1.1 is the newest rom he has and Damage control is runner up
those are the 2 most stable ones out there

2. whats the newest radio update for my phone? and will it block me from updating in the future? (seen some comments saying it would)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmgdwzzzknk
Updating your radio has nothing to do with the root patch you made when rooting the device. they just make your signal/ battery and data speeds better.

3. my live wallpapers don't work any fix?
Live wallpapers work by disabling sense by going to settings>Applications>Sense> clear defaults and selecting Home (if your on fresh)
4. how does wireless tethering work? can i turn it on and my 360 find it and i can play on-line or is there more to it? they aren't gonna bill me so ridic price are they? i got sprint, nd my plan includes unlimited data. I dont tether with my cell phones at all.

5. now that im rooted i lost sprint tv. is there any better tv apps? or whats the best one?Sprint TV is in Damagecontrol

i think thats about it. i should of rooted when i first got it. also what is the swipe function does it work on the hero?
Its in a My touch 3G rom that just came out, also a flashable zip keyboard found on XDA
thanks.
Everything comes from http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=641

Jan 5, 2007
I read an article on tethering and it said u mite not want to use it for game systems bcuz it's not fast enoug/ can't handle it
so u have slow connection
Kinda what i figured. But maybe the Evo could do it better than the 3g.

Thanks bro, good lookin out. appreciate all your help. Which do you prefer damage or fresh? Ive only tried fresh 2.OD by flipz.

EDIT: is flipz fresh? or what. cause i cant find just a fresh rom, its 2.1.1 fresh rom by flipz? they the same ppl. sorry for all the damn questions man, lol

I used my droid to play xbox live and it was good enough to play lol, not too much lag either. I was shocked.
How'd you set it up to do so?

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
phone plugged into laptop via usb cable and set to tether, then ethernet cord from laptop to xbox 360. You have to bridge the connection or some shit. I don't think the xbox will connect to your phone over wifi if I remember correctly.

Jul 4, 2009
Kinda what i figured. But maybe the Evo could do it better than the 3g.
The EVO will do anything better than anything peorid.

Thanks bro, good lookin out. appreciate all your help. Which do you prefer damage or fresh? Ive only tried fresh 2.OD by flipz.All the sprint stock apps are in Damage, In fresh they are not. So it depends on you what you peffer the stock apps or not

EDIT: is flipz fresh? or what. cause i cant find just a fresh rom, its 2.1.1 fresh rom by flipz? they the same ppl. sorry for all the damn questions man, lol
Yes flips created fresh roms, thats what he calls them.
^^^

Dec 4, 2006
Fresh has a new ROM 2.1.1 based on the leaked RUU ...

and Sprint just released the official 2.1 update today and I did a MD5 check...both are sort of the same...

the Leaked RUU is around 125mbs and the official RUU is 117mbs...

------------------------------------------

Official 2.1 Update for Sprint HTC Hero!

Software Update for the HTC Hero with Google

Provides updates to your HTC Hero, including the Android 2.1 update.
The software upgrade posted below provides several key enhancements for your HTC Hero:
Upgraded OS to Android 2.1 Éclair
Includes enhancements to Sense UI
Includes enhanced corporate email support
Includes a variety of minor bug fixes

NOTE: You will need to install HTC Sync software before beginning this update. If you do not currently have HTC Sync software installed, download and install it by viewing the "HTC Sync™ Upgrade 2.0.33" file on this page.
Installation Instructions: We strongly recommend reviewing the HTC installation instructions and following the steps to ensure a successful update. This update process will erase the information on your device, it is important that you follow the backup instructions found here to ensure you do not lose data.
Technical Specifications:
Dated: 5/19/2010
Software Version: 2.27.651.5

http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/htc/executables/htc_sprint_hero_mr_2.27.651.5.zip (117MB)