Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2009
Have you guys messed with Launcher Pro as opposed to Sense or Blur? If not give it a try. I've hated every UI overlay I've ever used and Launcher Pro gives you alot of custimization on top of performance. Give it a try theres a free version and a paid version that I've posted a few times.
I think Vanilla Android is better too in general. Phones without Blur and Sense get official updates faster and provide less problems when trying to root.

Sep 22, 2002
Have you guys messed with Launcher Pro as opposed to Sense or Blur? If not give it a try. I've hated every UI overlay I've ever used and Launcher Pro gives you alot of custimization on top of performance. Give it a try theres a free version and a paid version that I've posted a few times.
Yup yup, rooted, de-Binged Fascinate waiting on the AOSP build to become more stable and praying the Thunderbolt is stock Android......

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
I
How long have you had this issue?
SINCE I BOUGHT IT
Are you running the stock android os or a custom rom?STOCK

Are you using the stock messaging app?I WAS,I ADDED ANOTHER BUT IT USES THE STOCK SETTINGS.SHOULD I DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGING APP?

If not, try it, if yes, try handscent free in the market.

Have you done a soft reset?NOPE,NOT EVEN SURE HOW TO DO THAT,NOT REAL GOOD WITH THE TECH STUFF

You can always do a hard reset first thing to eliminate the phone as the issue but of course you gotta restore everything.TRYING TO AVOID THAT,BUT I GUESS IT MAY BE AN OPTION.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
You dont have to delete the stock msg app, just download handcent you will will see its just an alternative app that accesses the same shit.

Sounds like a hard reset is the best option.

Sep 22, 2002
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure if he deletes the stock messaging app handcent wont work, if I'm not mistaken it works through stock messaging basically as an overlay with more UI features

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
yeah you don't delete the stock messaging app. Handcent is just another app that accesses the same functions and components of android OS that the stock app would normally do. Typically upon installing a third party sms app, you would disable notifications in the stock app so you aren't alerted twice for every message.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Most likely going to upgrade to this shit!

Motorola Droid Bionic

-1 Ghz dual-core processor (likely Tegra 2, but not stated)
-512 MB RAM (possibly 1 GB RAM, depending on if the presser or site page is correct.)
-4.3″ qHD Display (960×540)
-1080p HDMI output
-8 megapixel rear-facing camera
-VGA front-facing camera
-Android 2.2 (hey, it can’t all be good news…)

The other feature that is mentioned in the press release is “Mirror Mode”, which allows “simultaneous streaming of video to the TV and on the device.” The press release makes this sound like a new feature that will be coming to the Droid line in the future. Ultimately, once Netflix has an Android app, this is a feature that could make separate boxes like Roku, Boxee, or even Google TV unnecessary, if all that streaming content can be put on your TV straight from your phone. It should be interesting to hear more on that.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
plus it mirrors your display with 1080 output, fuckin dope. I didn't get a chance to talk to the HTC rep today but my co-worker did and he wasn't spilling any info on the Thunderboldt but he gave us these cool little android keychains.

Chuco

Sicc OG
May 2, 2009
thats tight. the mirroring feature will come in handy, whens the phone likely to be released?

and another thing about the Thunderbolt is that it probably won't include HDMI either.