Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
just got done playin angry birds. i could only find the beta version tho.

VV
Angry Birds v1.3.5
Requirements: Android
Overview: The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the Birds’ eggs. Use the unique destructive powers of the Angry Birds to lay waste to the pigs’ fortified castles.

[break]
Angry Birds features hours of gameplay, challenging physics-based castle demolition, and lots of replay value. Each of the 150 levels requires logic, skill, and brute force to crush the enemy.

More Info:
Code:
http://www.rovio.com/
Download Instructions:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/24957519

Mirror:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/Kjz7pGJ
http://hotfile.com/dl/76048639/478393f/com.rovio.angrybirds.v1.3.5.apk.html
[/QUOTE]

kon/AOV

🔫☠️🎃VALLEJO VET🎃🔫☠️
Aug 20, 2006
EAST VALLEJO 707
www.facebook.com
Ey any of my droid mob breh goons work at verizon? i got a question, i lost my phone in a drunken stooper this weekend its the moto droid 1 but i dont have insurance. any CHEAP options or can somebody here plug me with theyre old one and il buy it???? theyre talkin bout $600 for a new one fuck that

Oct 23, 2009
Android 3.0 'Gingerbread' Details Emerge

Back in June, we reported Google's plans to launch a major Android update, "Gingerbread" (Android 3.0), in Q4 2010. Amongst other things, Gingerbread promised to kill off third-party "bloatware" like HTC Sense UI and Motoblur, and would only be available for top-tier devices. Now, thanks to the folks over at Phandroid, we have a slightly better idea of what some of those "other things" may be.

The Android-fan website has received some new Gingerbread information from a "trusted source close to Google," particularly about some of the graphic enhancements we'll be seeing. As you may know, the lead designer of Palm's webOS, Martias Duarte, fled to Google to work on Android last May. While Palm is struggling amid executive-level shakeups (having been acquired by HP) and catastrophic sales numbers of its devices, its OS has largely been praised as sleek and innovative. Analysts saw Duarte's arrival at Android as a sign that Google would be taking some visual cues from webOS, and it appears as if they're right.

According to Phandroid, most of the visual changes to Gingerbread thus far are quite subtle. Most of the standard icons, like the Android debugging icon, have taken on a "simpler and cleaner look." The overall OS experience is easier on the eyes and the overall aesthetic has a more uniform feel to it, as if it were designed in an individual effort.

Initially, the changes are most noticeable on the notification bar. Rather than the bright white notifications present on current Android, they've taken on a warmer, "slate grey" color. While everything in the bar itself looks pretty familiar, the carrier branding is more prominently displayed when the notification tab is pulled down.

Not much has changed fundamentally on the home screen. One thing Phandroid points out is that Google is bringing in more of Android's trademark green into various places within the OS. The Browser and Dialer buttons at the bottom of the screen have gone from a muted gray to a bright lime green. But the familiar orange isn't totally gone, either. One change, in fact, embraces it. When scrolling through lists, the edges emit an orange glow and the list bounces back if a top or bottom border is reached -- similar to the "bouncy" effect on iOS or TouchWiz 3.0.

Another visual element that Google's been working on is making the Google apps look and feel more integrated with the OS. For example, the YouTube app (upgraded to version 2.x) has been reshuffled to make it more visually appealing and will feature the ability to control the new "Lean Back" feature. There's even the possibility that the app will allow control of the feature as it plays on Google TV, but no details have been given.

But it's not all eye candy either. While Android 2.2 significantly boosted app performance thanks to a Davlik JIT compiler, it's been rumored that Google would be implementing additional hardware acceleration into Gingerbread. Though none of these changes/implementations have been confirmed, "it sounds like that just might be the case with Gingerbread," Phandroid reports.

Unlike in the past, when Google didn't stipulate any hardware requirements, Gingerbread is implementing minimal hardware requirements (similar to Windows Phone 7). All Gingerbread-powered devices will be running on at least a 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, and 3.5" display (4" displays and larger require resolutions of at least 1280 x 760).

There's also the addition of "support for video chat using the same protocols that powers video chat on the desktop version of Google Talk." SIP support for Google Voice is also added, allowing users to receive calls on their Google Voice number over WiFi or cellular data.

Overall, though, Gingerbread is said to resemble HTC's Sense UI in terms of how it changes the stock OS -- meaning it will be much more familiar than, say, a complete overhaul. Rather, it will have a sleeker, more refined feel.

Keep in mind that these are still early details and could change or be greatly added upon in the final build. Google originally aimed for a Q4 2010 launch for the holiday-theme-named update, but, according to Phandroid's impressions, Gingerbread may be pushed to the first part of next year instead.

Oct 23, 2009
Jake, I know you've probably tried a bunch of shit but have you seen this?

http://www.jtagbox.com/jtag-news/riff-jtag-samsung-galaxy-i9000-unbrickrepair-bricked-boot/

Please start JTAG Manager and click “Check for Updates” button. You’ll be notified about new DLL, download it and restart the software.

“Samsung_i9000.dll” contains pinout, repair instructions and required files for single click Samsung Galaxy S – i9000 Unbrick/Repair bricked boot.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
Jake, I know you've probably tried a bunch of shit but have you seen this?

http://www.jtagbox.com/jtag-news/riff-jtag-samsung-galaxy-i9000-unbrickrepair-bricked-boot/

Please start JTAG Manager and click “Check for Updates” button. You’ll be notified about new DLL, download it and restart the software.

“Samsung_i9000.dll” contains pinout, repair instructions and required files for single click Samsung Galaxy S – i9000 Unbrick/Repair bricked boot.
Thats the first time I have seen that site but reading through the site I need some shit called a JTAG box or some shit. Then I looked into it further and it started talking about taking apart the phone and looking for a particular circuit. Im not about to fuck with that shit when i can probably just get mine replaced or reflashed under warranty. Thanks anyway.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
yeah i seen how steve jobs was saying about how shit it was cos some developer had to test there app on like 200 different phones but for iOS they only had to test 1, then the developer comes out and says fuck that, it was easy haha. im so sick of using this iphone while i sort mine out. before i got mine it was annoying me, now knowing what i could have and still using this shit is fucked

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
^^^How is the Captivate?

I'm really interested in it, but I couldn't really get a good feel of it using the store demo.
If you don't need GPS everyday it's the best AT&T phone hands down. Best LED screen, audio quality (earphones) is the best due to Wolfson DAC (whatever the fuck that is, lol) and has one of the fastest processors for performance (Angry Birds looks 1000x better on this phone than iPhone 4).

Initially the battery sucks but it has to be conditioned. 3x total battery drain to 0% and then it should be good after.

AT&T has a 30-day guarantee. Try it out for a week or two and if you don't like it exchange it for another phone (double check with your AT&T store first)