Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

you can either download them to your computer and then transfer to your phone's SD root folder.

or you can download and then send them to yourself on gmail and install straight from gmail...I do this with my evo, I don't know if it works for all phones.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
how do i download apps off the internet like a 4shared.com site and put it on my phone? i went and bought an sd card lastnight so im good on the memory.. i have a mytouch 3g but it has the android market so im guessing my app files are .apk but i cant figure out where to put them after i download.
way i do mine is what V said, DL them to a pc and transfer them directly to my phone through usb

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i never tried through email, usb is alot faster and easier i am guessing. your phone charger should be usb cord that can plug into the wallmount and your pc. try that

Mar 23, 2004
dumb question, wtf is the main directory. do i just drag and drop it on the sd card file when it pull it up threw my computer?

and i've been downloading .apk file formats is that the right one

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i dont know, i just called it that to sound smart. the term i used it for was the main SD window i guess. like the one that holds all other folders

and yes, i do believe .apk is the format you are wanting

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
go to http://www.4shared.com and type in the search bar what you are looking for. not only can you find any app in the android market, it is all free. do it from your phone and download the file, then open it in package installer. then all you have to do is install and open. the app or widget will be in your app drawer. very nice and simple.

*KEY NOTE*
before you just go and type in anything at 4shared make sure to type this after it: .APK
Example: Taskkiller.apk
then search and it should be the first one. if you just want a list of all the apk files, then go to the search bar and type in .APK and all the files under apk will pop up, hope i was of some help.

oh here are some apps i installed on 4shared.com:

*Ahome.apk

*Caligo Chaser.apk

*Zenonia.apk

*chompsmsdonate.apk

*Soundhound.apk

http://www.mytouchslideforum.com/mytouch-slide-games/4shared-com/

never tried it that way