Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 16, 2003
google.com
My rants on the droid.

1) Unable to send high quality video (480p) through txting, even with a aftermarket app (handcent sms) says "Msg size limit reached"

2) Unable to attach a large file through email. Same error "message size limit reached"

3) Unable to upload high quality video to youtube on the phone without being connected to wifi

4) Tired of having to turn off GPS,WIFI and Bluetooth and turn brightness all the way down in order for the battery to last longer than 1hr.

5) Redraw issues(LAG on everything you do on the phone prior to rooting). The time it takes after you click the home screen button, to load your home screen and actually see the icons. i tried all the different "Launchers" but nothing seemed to fix the issue. After rooting however the issues are gone! :)

6) Stock apps can only be deleted after rooting the phone
1. is per the carrier to keep data loads from getting out of control, not specific to android.
2. same as above. only a fraction of us have phones capable of playing a video of larger file size and resolution.
3. same as above.
4. you may have a bad battery or apps that are pulling data too often.
5. depends on the phones processor too, if you have a low end phone you won't get that snappy response because it probably runs at less than 600mhz. rooting and over clocking helps in that case. My droid x stock or with root is pretty damn quick.
6. this often has to do with the carrier and agreements with content providers such as amazon, bing, vznav, etc.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
1. is per the carrier to keep data loads from getting out of control, not specific to android.
2. same as above. only a fraction of us have phones capable of playing a video of larger file size and resolution.
3. same as above.
4. you may have a bad battery or apps that are pulling data too often.
5. depends on the phones processor too, if you have a low end phone you won't get that snappy response because it probably runs at less than 600mhz. rooting and over clocking helps in that case. My droid x stock or with root is pretty damn quick.
6. this often has to do with the carrier and agreements with content providers such as amazon, bing, vznav, etc.

Thanks for the response LIKWID, but thats were my biggest rant is, why have a phone with all these cool features, then slap limitations on it? As Felipe Esparza said "thats like having superman powers, but you dont wanna save nobody" lol

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
BTW I just got back from selling one of my motorola droid come ups for $150 to some lesbian from monterey. Good shit breh!
hhahaha they aint hard to find out there lol shit or anywhere. Man I miss the 831! Aptos especially, This was the first year I didnt make the Monte Fireworks show. Everytime I go visit my fam, my bro gives me shit. "When you comin back to tha coast fool" im like when a studio doesnt rent for the same price as a 4 bedroom over here lol. And the phone I got is a Motorola Droid the first one for verizon. The OG one.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
thanks again to those who are fucking with dropbox in my sig. Not only is it a dope thing to have for any smartphone user but it helps me get more storage everytime someone uses my link below. Good shit my droid goons.

Feb 14, 2004
Well it seems to be working now, but only after I had to delete all of the songs and sync them back on, but before I did that, the phone wouldn't play some of the songs I put on there. I never had that problem with my blackberry storm. I also don't like that I have to push a button to get the screen back up, on my blackberry storm, all I had to do is press anywhere on the screen and the screen would pop back up. Absolutely none of the downloads I download work. It never plays any vids when I go to youtube. Just alot of shit that never happened to me when I had the blackberry storm.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Well it seems to be working now, but only after I had to delete all of the songs and sync them back on, but before I did that, the phone wouldn't play some of the songs I put on there. I never had that problem with my blackberry storm. I also don't like that I have to push a button to get the screen back up, on my blackberry storm, all I had to do is press anywhere on the screen and the screen would pop back up. Absolutely none of the downloads I download work. It never plays any vids when I go to youtube. Just alot of shit that never happened to me when I had the blackberry storm.
You should go back to the storm, it's a much better phone.

Feb 14, 2004
^I am going to do that, once I have enough money. I lost my blackberry storm, so had to get this droid, it was only a hundred bucks, so i guess i shouldn't complain too much lol