Anderson Silva vs. GSP unfair fight / GSP gonna get merked

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
would rather see Anderson fight Shogun. Not GSP's fault he's beat everyone and they didn't sign Diaz or Askren
Come on B-Buzz, those wouldn't even be fights. GSP is made to beat Diaz 99 times out of 100 and Askren is far to green to even come close to competing with GSP at this point in his career.

I know Shields struggled with Kampmann but I honestly think the UFC picked up the best welter outside of the UFC when they signed Shields, struggling or not his resume speaks for itself.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Come on B-Buzz, those wouldn't even be fights. GSP is made to beat Diaz 99 times out of 100 and Askren is far to green to even come close to competing with GSP at this point in his career.

I know Shields struggled with Kampmann but I honestly think the UFC picked up the best welter outside of the UFC when they signed Shields, struggling or not his resume speaks for itself.
I meant more from a selling fights to the fans standpoint, seems like people are sick of seeing GSP run through everyone expectedly. Nick could sell the fight and Askren's wrestling is insane enough for people to not know what would happen

Aug 17, 2004
This fight is dull as fuck to me. Anderson Silva needs to quit fucking with these smaller fighters and man up to fight in LHW where the real competition is.... If Shogun defeats Jon Jones then they should make Shogun vs Silva . Now that is an epic fight right there... It would probably be the biggest fight ever seen in the UFC based off skill and would solidify both men as the greatest fighters we have seen so far.

Nov 7, 2006
i love reading peoples comments that know nothing about combat sports. i dunno if you guys remembered but anderson did dabble in the LHW division and both his fights didnt even last 5 min combined. dana even said he wanted anderson to clean out his division 1st and vitor was the last guy. and it's smart of dana to keep talking anderson into staying MW so this superfight could eventually happen. i bet anything after this superfight and if anderson wins with ease he will move up. some fuckin people lol...

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
I meant more from a selling fights to the fans standpoint, seems like people are sick of seeing GSP run through everyone expectedly. Nick could sell the fight and Askren's wrestling is insane enough for people to not know what would happen
Yeah I agree with that. Nick would be able to sell the fight but I honestly don't think Nick would be able to get himself to the title shot unless they offer him an immediate title fight.

..and Askren would need to get some wins in the UFC to even think about selling anything. Most people don't know who the hell he is much less his wrestling pedigree. I just don't see Bellator having the following needed to jump him into GSP, or even think that he'd be able to beat ANY top welter.