An Interesting article about firefighters

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 29, 2005
antoniog831 said:
With a background check, officials likely would have discovered Valdez's conviction for petty theft in 2005 and for driving under the influence of alcohol in 1998.

I THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND OUT HE WAS A CRIMMINAL, NOT A GANGMEMBER.. DIDNT SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN THE POST
I see your point, but the article was insinuating the necessity for background checks to avoid these types of scenarios. The article even when as far to mention the contact employees have with inmates; the implications posed by this article are evident in the undertone and the very first sentence. You have to "read between the lines" to understant the writers intended message.
CRAZY SILENT said:
How can a firefighter with a criminal record and possible ties to a criminal street gang work his way up the ranks of the state's fire prevention agency?
antoniog831 said:
I THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND OUT HE WAS A CRIMMINAL, NOT A GANGMEMBER.. DIDNT SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN THE POST
^It's in the first line of the article. And the closing supports the assertions I made.
antoniog831 said:
"We are hiring people and it's good to know who we are hiring," TCFD Operation Chief Ted Mendoza said. "We want to make sure we are getting people who are prepared to do the job, to avoid situations like the one just mentioned."