Ambassadors Lounge

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2005
after the shooting happened, the city council of san jo (i think) said the only way the club could stay open is if e40's name was no longer attached to it. fucked up situation, i didnt know about the name change and 40 actually selling his share.

Apr 25, 2002
ambassador500 said:
after the shooting happened, the city council of san jo (i think) said the only way the club could stay open is if e40's name was no longer attached to it. fucked up situation, i didnt know about the name change and 40 actually selling his share.
Yea thats true, its the same place they just brought back the old name B-Hive

http://www.myspace.com/b_hivebaby

Oct 20, 2005
WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

good thing i went to ambassadors when it was still 40's club i aint 21 tho. just slipped the bouncers a lil somethin to get in. real good club seen a lot of rappers there like jacka, cellski, husalah, twista (his record release party), big rich etc.... shit went hella dumb

Apr 13, 2005
A downtown San Jose hip-hop club, embroiled in a shooting that resulted in police acquiring new powers to close nightclubs, has shut down amid accusations that officers harassed customers, many of whom are black.

``We had to close. What the police did was scare everyone away,'' said Menassa Abinadar, operator of the B-Hive, a North San Pedro Street venue formerly known as the Ambassador's Lounge.

Police Chief Rob Davis on Thursday immediately denied the allegation.

``It's unfortunate that the club owner and anybody else in the community feel that way because it's not true,'' Davis said. ``The police department does not target anybody, be it a business or an individual, based upon their race or ethnicity.''

Abinadar said police had selectively stopped the club's African-American customers who make up 90 percent of its clientele for searches and questioning without cause following an Oct. 22 shooting at a nearby parking lot. Three people were wounded and at least 50 shots fired. Three men were eventually arrested.

Abinadar was critical of the police's heavy presence during the pre-Halloween weekend, which he alleged included stopping customers who were heading toward the club.

Davis said police needed to ensure the club and its vicinity were safe in the aftermath of such a serious shooting.

The shooting led to the city council's passage of a temporary emergency ordinance in November that gave police the authority to immediately suspend or revoke the licenses or permits of a nightclub or bar based on safety concerns.

Abinadar and civil rights activists testified against the emergency law, alleging it was a veiled attempt to shut down a club frequented primarily by blacks. The law has yet to be used.

The B-Hive closed on its own after New Year's Eve festivities, and some African-American leaders say they know why.

``There is clear harassment of African-Americans downtown,'' said local NAACP chief Rick Callender, repeating an allegation he first made in November.

The closing of the B-Hive/Ambassador's Lounge is evidence that blacks are afraid to visit downtown, he said.

``They've used their feet to take our greenbacks elsewhere. We weren't welcome downtown. But they're welcome in other cities, unfortunately,'' Callender said.

Davis disagrees, saying the club's demise is a result of people feeling unsafe.

The club's death doesn't necessarily mean that hip-hop is dead downtown, said Scott Knies, director of the San Jose Downtown Association.

But, he pointed out, ``All of the special shows, whether it's hip-hop or live music or 18-and-over venues, are going to have to be more responsible than ever.''

Dec 31, 2005
moneymotivated said:
WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

good thing i went to ambassadors when it was still 40's club i aint 21 tho. just slipped the bouncers a lil somethin to get in. real good club seen a lot of rappers there like jacka, cellski, husalah, twista (his record release party), big rich etc.... shit went hella dumb
how much and how old are u

May 17, 2005
its true, BeeHive/Ambassadors Lounge is shut down for good. Its crazy to think about though...the club ended up gettin shut down cuz of the shooting that happened in the parking lot next to it. then police started harrassing everyone in the area of the club and the city started pressuring the owners (and they cooperated in every way). Its not like the shooting happened in the club though. A couple years ago there was a shooting a couple blocks down San Pedro in front of the Old Spaghetti Factory and Tied House. Think they tried to shut those places down and start harrassing all the patrons?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
yeah i went there last august....
it was a nice club!
however i saw a lot of beezie wearing stunna shades and wigs! lol
e-40, d-shot, and o-meezy were walkin around like nothin, it was cool! i had a good time..but even when i was there, when the club closed, niggas was fighting inside the club throwin bottles and shit.

Dec 4, 2005
Man I hate all fucking cops. But San Jose cops are like the most bitch made cops Ive ever come across. I remember before I was even 18 i was at some 18 and under spot in San Jo with some of the homies and the cops was fucking with us non stop. I can't remember that clearly but I think they was like pushing one of my friends and they like literally chased us out of the city. I was high so I can't remember but they were seriously chasing us on foot.

Sep 24, 2004
So no1's gonna address the Real problem??? It's the rowdy patrons thats fucking up good establishments. Think of all of the popular spots that had to shut down due to cats bringing their turf mentality to the events.

Jan 1, 2006
Poisonpen said:
So no1's gonna address the Real problem??? It's the rowdy patrons thats fucking up good establishments. Think of all of the popular spots that had to shut down due to cats bringing their turf mentality to the events.
You must not get out much. Although its bound to be a handful of dudes who do stupid shit, the majority of the people at night clubs and events, are there just to have a good time, but having the police "making there presence well known", in other words harassin' mu'fukas adds an extra layer of tension and animosity. hostility gets real high.

Aug 20, 2003
MAN THE BACON BITS IN SAN JO ARE FOREVER HARASSING.IVE BEEN PULLED OVER AT LEAST 20 TIMES IN THE SJ AND ONLY GOT 2 TICKETS.THEY PULLED ME AND MY EX OVER YEARS AGO AND HAD US BOTH ON THE GROUND SAYING THAT I JUST ROBBED A B OF A.LOL COME ON WE WERE IN MY 65 IMPALA SS,THEY WERE LOOKING 4 A BLACK CAR.MY CAR IS CREAM SODA COLORED!!!!SO AFTER A HOUR THEY LET US GO AND DIDNT EVEN APOLIGIZE.MAN I HATE THEM PUNK MUTHAFUCKAZ....