Am I just gettin' old or.........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
my ipod shuffle which only holds 240 songs is fulla spice 187 he wrote, black bossalini. old e-40 and old click shit. a few new songs from jacka & sick widit but old rap rules new rap is catchy and fails within a few weeks of hearing it

Apr 23, 2006
your just gettin old...

the younger kids nowadays and people in their 20's are actually feelin alot of the music that is comin out right now... it is the soundtrack to their life like the classic shit was for you... when they look back at the good ole days this music will be nostalgic to them and bring back good memories

i thought alot of good bay albums came out in the last year

taj he spitz
jacka
quinn
e 40
fab's mixtape with dj scream
j stalin
shady nate
berner

rappers cant keep makin the same music over and over because it loses originality and gets boring to the audience

they gotta try to keep current and even ahead of the game... alot of shit is hit or miss and definetely isnt for everyone i.e. auto tune

if your a rap fan you should at least give new music a chance and if your not feelin it then move on....times change people change life changes so i think its possible that your interests in music can change

...hella high...

Oct 29, 2008
your just gettin old...

the younger kids nowadays and people in their 20's are actually feelin alot of the music that is comin out right now... it is the soundtrack to their life like the classic shit was for you... when they look back at the good ole days this music will be nostalgic to them and bring back good memories

i thought alot of good bay albums came out in the last year

taj he spitz
jacka
quinn
e 40
fab's mixtape with dj scream
j stalin
shady nate
berner

rappers cant keep makin the same music over and over because it loses originality and gets boring to the audience

they gotta try to keep current and even ahead of the game... alot of shit is hit or miss and definetely isnt for everyone i.e. auto tune

if your a rap fan you should at least give new music a chance and if your not feelin it then move on....times change people change life changes so i think its possible that your interests in music can change

...hella high...
If they feelin it they have a funny way of showing it.When I feel music I go 2 the record store and buy it.All these new niggas floppin.

Apr 23, 2006
not that many adults buy new CD's regularly... i know i cant because i got bills to pay every month

and kids are usually limited to money given to them buy their parents so instead of gettin money every week for a cd they download it and get money to buy drugs or some other shit that kids buy

so rappers better think of new ways to market themselves

Oct 29, 2008
not that many adults buy new CD's regularly... i know i cant because i got bills to pay every month

and kids are usually limited to money given to them buy their parents so instead of gettin money every week for a cd they download it and get money to buy drugs or some other shit that kids buy

so rappers better think of new ways to market themselves
I think adults will pay for quality.For instance Maxwell just had the best 1st week of his entire career and i can tell u it wasnt the kids that did it.

Dec 4, 2006
the rap game was to be sold not told..........and that's when saturation came in place..

established bay area rappers/mc's gave passes to wack rappers by selling them verses and etc........

so who's to really blame though? the up and coming wack rapper or the established rapper that sold verses to that wack rapper?

in the 90's there was around 100 to 150 rappers in the bay area that used to make noise....now there's myspace and a million of them........

Jan 23, 2006
BAY RAP HAS NOT FALLEN OFF JUST ALOT OF THE BAY RAPPERS FROM THE 90'S HAVE FALLEN OFF. LIVEWIRE CAMP ALONE HAS A SHIT LOAD OF DOPE MC'S DROPPING DOPE PRODUCT AND THAT NEW CLYDE IS 5 MIC STATUS IN MY OPINION.

May 25, 2005
i totally agree, i been saying this shit for hella long!! im only 27 but look at the state of the game! and ole boy hit it right on the head, these new kids sure have funny ways of supporting the new artists they supposedly like lol. the main buisness heads of the game have totally forgot about the original fan base that would risk ass woopins from overly christian patents to buy a rap tape. now that i got money, they dont even sell anything worth buying. i wanna spend my money! but they dont even market to me anymore! and the game JUST changed only like 3 years ago!

I promise the business model of the game switched back when Laffy Taffy and Low came out. It went from "lets find good artists to sell and package an ALBUM" to "wow, we can sell 3million ringtones and make money from this minus the overhead costs of an album?". problem with that is niggas gotta constantly create them dumb ass songs in order to keep revenue coming in, cuz those songs are only "flavor of the month" style that last for a month or 2, instead of focusing on a dope album that you could ride off of for a year...

so now, these labels have to find new flavors of the month to keep something playing on the radio and to keep money coming in since a ringtone prolly aint gonna sell over a month or two, unlike an album that could be a slow burner then pop up gold or plat in a year or two (how many singles are on the radio form the last beyonce and rianna album?). stupid business move i swear...

I think they should have split it into two markets, one for the ringtone/dance type joints and one for regular real artists. Fuck it, give them their own radio station so if you wanna hear all the flo ridas and booty do's and shit, turn to that station. if you want regular music per se, then that would be on the other station.

Im just saying thoe...

Apr 28, 2003
I think adults will pay for quality.For instance Maxwell just had the best 1st week of his entire career and i can tell u it wasnt the kids that did it.
Yeah, but how many hip hop artist have grown and matured (or evolved) artistically like Maxwell has as an RnB singer?

Jay Z, Scarface, and Nas are the only ones I can think of...Almost every other rapper seems to be stuck at the beginning of their career. No growth, just the same old shit, either that or they are emulating what is "hot" at the time.

Also, I agree with what the other poster mentioned about rappers selling verses to any wack rapper, and myspace, being a huge part of the problem...