Am I just gettin' old or.........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 21, 2003
www.myspace.com
Has Bay Area music fell off?
This is not meant as any kinda disrespect to any artists representing the Bay, I'm just posing a question. You remember when you were young and parents, adults, etc...would torment you with their music and claim "they don't make music like this anymore" and you thought they were trippin'? I find myself on the opposite end of the spectrum now days. I'm really not sure if I am just getting old or what? I'm turning 31 this weekend and was just reminiscing about when the good ol' days when Bay Area music meant so much to me. I mean think back.....Mac Dre, Mac Mall, Dubee, YBB, 4-Tay, Quinn, JT, N2DEEP, Tay, Lay, RBL, The Click, Short, Dru Down, Luniz, Lynch, Celly, Bad Influenz, Ray Luv, GLP Sean T, Spice 1, 211, 11-5, Woodie, Cellski, Andre Nickatina WCBB's, Heiro, Souls, Digital Underground, 2PAC, Richie Rich, Hammer, Tony Toni Tone, Paris and the list goes on and on. We had the world in our palms. Brings me back to how I felt when Tyson got out of jail. I thought he would eventually come back and rule the devision again. Lost hella money b4 I finally excepted the fact that things will never be the same. IMHO......we lost it!
SPEAK ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
artists dont put enough thought and time into projects anymore. Its all about TRYING to get a Buck for nothing. They think cause it has their name on it it will automatically sell...

K-J

Sicc OG
Jul 23, 2007
www.myspace.com
I think all the beef wit eachother has ruined it!! Mess vs Quinn vs AP-9 vs ........... Bullshit!!
Also the bay music used to be more gangsta and now it's too hyphy!! Im from Fresno and i grew up Gangbangin to bay music!!! Cold World Hustlers/Chunk/Delinquent's/E-40 & the Click/R.B.L/Mac Mall/Luniz/Short/Celly-Cell/Totally Insane/Mac Dre/I.M.P/E.Z.S.D the list goes on!!!

Oct 29, 2008
Yeah i used 2 be proud 2 buy certain albums like In a major way and Untouchable etc.But yes u are just old if u remember the time when the music meant something.But at least u have "Ice Cream Paint Job" and "U a Jerk".lol.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
if someone was to come up to me today and ask what CD'z are good to buy right now? only things that stick out in my mind right now are Jacka & Quinn's albums, and anything from the Livewire camp....aside from that, I may have peeped some other albums but they must not have had anything memorable cause I dont remember them, lol.

Apr 7, 2004
Livewire,three story,jacka,killa kiese,cellski have been coming with quality music... Cats Im waiting on to drop Couzin fik,and Ar(H2) im sure will have something to offer the bay

Nov 2, 2002
its when rap music stoppped being underground and started showing up on the internet

the main reason people liked rap was the grimeyness factor,...that is gone now

Apr 8, 2006
Bay's on the rise right now!!
The shit fell off in the late 90's this Topic is sumthin people been discussin for a decade.
The bay and the West been the rise in 09 sum a the best shit 2 come out in 4ever...everyone's hoppin on the fuck hyphy tip n as much as it brought attention back 2 the bay in ways I LOVE IT.
It's been soundin like fools are puttin out that mobb shit again...DJ Fresh is killin it!

Feb 14, 2004
Not only has rap music not been the same as it was back in the day, but movies also. Time's are changing, and will continue to do so. Nothing will be the same. I gave up on expecting shit to be the same as it once was, and just go with the flow and not complain around.

Oct 28, 2005
like they say, good things dont last forever..also i think rappers back then were more hungry cuz there was alot of real good music comin out..but now these dayz u can be a wack ass rapper and be on the radio and mtv etc..and i think that has an effect on the artists and it makes them think they can drop whatever and its gonna sell which aint true.thats why im waitin on sum new B-legit and turftalk cuz i know their not gonna dissapoint and hopefully that bass rock lives up to its hype

Jun 25, 2005
Has Bay Area music fell off?
This is not meant as any kinda disrespect to any artists representing the Bay, I'm just posing a question. You remember when you were young and parents, adults, etc...would torment you with their music and claim "they don't make music like this anymore" and you thought they were trippin'? I find myself on the opposite end of the spectrum now days. I'm really not sure if I am just getting old or what? I'm turning 31 this weekend and was just reminiscing about when the good ol' days when Bay Area music meant so much to me. I mean think back.....Mac Dre, Mac Mall, Dubee, YBB, 4-Tay, Quinn, JT, N2DEEP, Tay, Lay, RBL, The Click, Short, Dru Down, Luniz, Lynch, Celly, Bad Influenz, Ray Luv, GLP Sean T, Spice 1, 211, 11-5, Woodie, Cellski, Andre Nickatina WCBB's, Heiro, Souls, Digital Underground, 2PAC, Richie Rich, Hammer, Tony Toni Tone, Paris and the list goes on and on. We had the world in our palms. Brings me back to how I felt when Tyson got out of jail. I thought he would eventually come back and rule the devision again. Lost hella money b4 I finally excepted the fact that things will never be the same. IMHO......we lost it!
SPEAK ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYTHING has fallen the fuck off imo but shit atleast its savin me money:cheeky: