All Old Bay Area Rappers need To Retire

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2008
Scarface is a 1 dimension artist he only can do 1 style of music {and he is very good 1 of the best} 40 can do crunk songs like rep yo city trap songs like oh yeah snap songs like snap ya fingaz south songs like ice cream paint job they know hyphy songs like tell me when to go songs for club u and dat some mob music some gangsta music some dark shit with tech 9 twisted east coast with busta and redman and backpack hip hop. 40 can get on all types of music and he gets on songs with groups like limp bizkut, brokencyde, and mstercraft. Who else is touching all genres of music like that??

Oct 29, 2008
Scarface is a 1 dimension artist he only can do 1 style of music {and he is very good 1 of the best} 40 can do crunk songs like rep yo city trap songs like oh yeah snap songs like snap ya fingaz south songs like ice cream paint job they know hyphy songs like tell me when to go songs for club u and dat some mob music some gangsta music some dark shit with tech 9 twisted east coast with busta and redman and backpack hip hop. 40 can get on all types of music and he gets on songs with groups like limp bizkut, brokencyde, and mstercraft. Who else is touching all genres of music like that??
Face is more than a 1 dimension artist.He has songs like "fuck faces" and "high note" he just dont do da gimmicks.

Feb 18, 2006
the youngsters got no respect for the old bay music and rappers.They all think there the new e 40, too short,cellski, mac dre but dont even come close and hyphy not even close to mobb music was, got to show some respect to the legends

Oct 29, 2008
Look at the OP breakin a sweat making this thread...

Didnt make it in the game, eh?

Don't blame the pioneers...

You don't see young actors telling the old school ones to retire.

There is money for everybody ....some day you'll get yours.
I never attempted 2 be a rapper nor have i ever wrote a rap lyric.Im only a customerl.Or was a customer when it was good.

Apr 7, 2004
i think if it wasn't 4 some of the old rappers you talkin about a lot of other regions wouldn't even know about the bay!!1
Very true... These old head cats siccness is talking about set the bar for the new generation of artist and the only artist even trying to take the torch is FAb. Cats need to stop complaining and do something. What might sound garbage in the hood the suburbia areas can not get enough of it. Look at flo rida I haven't meet one person that likes his shit. But every single dude puts out sales a million plus ringtones and a million plus mp3 downloads. This is todays market love it or hate it. Either listen to 90's music or adapt to it.

Oct 29, 2008
Very true... These old head cats siccness is talking about set the bar for the new generation of artist and the only artist even trying to take the torch is FAb. Cats need to stop complaining and do something. What might sound garbage in the hood the suburbia areas can not get enough of it. Look at flo rida I haven't meet one person that likes his shit. But every single dude puts out sales a million plus ringtones and a million plus mp3 downloads. This is todays market love it or hate it. Either listen to 90's music or adapt to it.
People wouldnt know shit about the Cleveland Browns if it wasnt for Jim Brown.People wouldnt've gave a fuck about the detroit lions of it wasnt for Barry Sanders.That dont mean they had 2 stay in the game forever.They retired and both franchises are still going.Once u are unable 2 perform like u once did u should walk away with grace.These niggas aint puttin out no classics or quality so they need 2 retire.I cant remember the last E-40 or Yuk or Spice 1 album that i would grade higher than a D-.It damn sure wasnt in the 2000's.Niggas livin off they 90's work.I am listening 2 90's music i refuse 2 adapt 2 this garbage.But for all of yall that can adapt 2 the trash more power 2 u.

May 8, 2008
Ghetto G you have made some really good points, but what u should proly stay away from is the comparison between sports and music. Athletes have to retire eventually b/c their bodies break down. Musicians don't have that problem. As long as 40, Yuk, Spice 1, Too Short, and any other old Bay Area rapper still have a fanbase to support them, they can rap till they're 50 (not saying they will). Just because u don't like it doesn't mean others don't like it. The fact of the matter is, 40 has kept the Bay relevant during our darkest hours. Whether u think his shit is garbage or not, he is the one that constantly breathes life back into this region. So unless we got somebody else ready to take his place, the Bay can't afford to lose 40.

Apr 28, 2006
man you trippin yuk is still a beast at the mic... i dont know about 40 but quinn is doing it nice too... a lot of the younger cats is doing it look at locksmith or j stalin