All Old Bay Area Rappers need To Retire

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 29, 2008
If you're getting paid kepp runnin'....If you're making more money now then you were in the past, keep runnin'......

www.five4music.com
I hate when ppl that aint makin money off those artists say this.As a fan u are only a consumer.And u should want the best product possible.Now if u gettin a piece of the action i can see why u would want garbage music 2 stay in power.

Dec 28, 2008
I agree. I hate these gay ass ringtone/bubble gum/cookie cutter music that the old heads are making just to appeal to these young muthaphukkerz that will just download their shytt anyways.

If the oldheads made music that really appealed to their original fanbase, then the cookie cutter kids will download, and the Original Fans will go out BUY AND SUPPORT. Believe ME!

May 8, 2008
Honestly i would rather have nobody rep this region rather than have garbage music represent this region.Thats just how i feel about it.Destroy and Rebuild it.If niggas wanna keep making these silly ass kiddie raps let they ass keep floppin till the label drops them and rasputins refuse 2 sell dey shit.I'd rather live the 90's over again musically than see bay hiphop like this.
Hey if that's what u think should happen then cool. Just as long as u understand the consequences. To many people say "fuck E-40" or fuck "Too $hort," but don't realize where the Bay would be without them. But just to let u and everybody else know, THE 90's WILL NEVER RETURN. We need to stop living in the past and look towards the future. It's some good shit popping in the Bay, we just need consistency. 2009 has been a good start.

Feb 15, 2008
How can you put 40 name in any conversation talking about needing to retire? I am sorry but there is nobody on the west coast who is better then 40 right now period. You will never be able to erase the history he has done. Do you think its luck that everybody had there run but 40 stays at the top? Why would 40 retire when there is still millions of dollars to made by him and keep the bay a float. Nothing against Ant Banks but I am sure he just did not quit making beats my friend. 40 new album coming before x mas of this year will change your minds on a lot of things. Was 40 doing more radio type songs on Warner Bros? Yes but at the end of the day thats where every artist true felling is. Radio= $$$$$ concert money and publishing money and everything is else. This is 2010 nobody is doing a job becuz they love it. You sound like a rapper wanting 40 out the way so you can get on top.

Oct 30, 2005
yea ya'll trippin tell 40/short and yuk to retire...why dont u tell these new rappers to step up theyre production, tell them to make some decent videos, tell them to learn the buisness of runnin a buisness, cuz it aint just about makin words rhyme and making a homeade video that u paid to get on world star hip hop and think that u made it...the internet wasnt much of a factor in the early 90's that u could say "thats why people like e-40 and too short went platinum" they did it cuz they were consistent and perfected the art of music...something that lacks today, blaming the O.G'z for the mistakes of these new katz is ignorant!

Dec 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
great thread but!!!!!!!
young new rappers need to do they homework and learn to respect they elders.
Too short E40 Ant banks Seagram DELIQUENTS San quinn JT COGNUT IMP Sean T EA-SKI Spice 1 and everybody else from the BAY AREA that paved the way for them to even touch a microphone.
i flipped my 1st BENZ from Lexus of Concord because of E-40 VERSE.
I LOVED HIP HOP SINCE DAY 1 BUT RESPECT THE GAME MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION AND KEEP IT LIT FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF ARTIST

Oct 29, 2008
How can you put 40 name in any conversation talking about needing to retire? I am sorry but there is nobody on the west coast who is better then 40 right now period. You will never be able to erase the history he has done. Do you think its luck that everybody had there run but 40 stays at the top? Why would 40 retire when there is still millions of dollars to made by him and keep the bay a float. Nothing against Ant Banks but I am sure he just did not quit making beats my friend. 40 new album coming before x mas of this year will change your minds on a lot of things. Was 40 doing more radio type songs on Warner Bros? Yes but at the end of the day thats where every artist true felling is. Radio= $$$$$ concert money and publishing money and everything is else. This is 2010 nobody is doing a job becuz they love it. You sound like a rapper wanting 40 out the way so you can get on top.
Nobody has gotten a Ant Banks beat in at least 9 years.Can u imagine a nigga like Banks who has contributed to countless classics having 2 adapt his style 2 compete with niggas like traxamillion.No disrespect but they styles of music are waay different so instead of banks making a inferior product that he knows is garbage he stepped away.Same thing for Scarface.Speaking of Scarface when its all said and done his legacy will be bigger than 40's for the simple fact that Face NEVER changed his style 2 adapt to youngsters.Can 40 say that? No.Can Short say that? No.Can Yuk say that? no.

Oct 29, 2008
Hey if that's what u think should happen then cool. Just as long as u understand the consequences. To many people say "fuck E-40" or fuck "Too $hort," but don't realize where the Bay would be without them. But just to let u and everybody else know, THE 90's WILL NEVER RETURN. We need to stop living in the past and look towards the future. It's some good shit popping in the Bay, we just need consistency. 2009 has been a good start.
The 90's dont have 2 return for niggas 2 make good music.Like i said Scarface stuck 2 the script his whole career.He coulda easily sold out to stay around but he didnt and now he retired with his legacy intact.So 20 years when they start talkin bout hiphop greats they gon remember face for staying true 2 the music and not the money.Its like Athletes that stuck around the game too long.Its sad 2 watch when they aint as good as they once was.It broke my heart 2 see Jerry Rice in a Seahawks jersey playing wack.Same goes for alotta these old bay area niggas.

Dec 4, 2006
Blow The Whistle was a song that was aimed for the audience that goes to 21+ clubs and it sure did make a shit load of noise in the clubs...

Mar 20, 2007
instead of saying old bay area rappers need to retire, it should be young bay rappers need to step it up. it's not like they are holding the younger dudes back by staying in the game.

all the old heads are where they are through hard work, and no up and coming rapper deserves to have everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Oct 30, 2005
Exactly!!!!!!! Can somebody plz tell me why 40 couldnt do what Scarface did? U couldnt pay face enuff money 2 hop on a "Ice Cream Paint Job" remix.Dorrough tried and face refused 2 do it.
40 actually killed that track, maybe scarface did get on cuz he wasnt feelin the beat, maybe he knew he wouldnt sound good on it and just say no, 40 on there hand felt the beat, killed the beat and got paid...thats not selling out, thats a buisness move and a win win situation for both dorrough and 40.

Feb 16, 2009
Older cats need to make music for their peers.. I mean I don't fuck with ANY of this new shit... I can't stomach it... but, I do still go out and buy old shit that is real to me and true to me. I just Bammer Weed on vinyl (Instrumentals too) after all these years!
I'm 35, and I could give a rats ass about half the shit I was into when I was 20, but the music man, cat's need to keep it real with the times. I mean I think it's ok to make rap music for grown folks... we are quickly becoming a forgotten demographic in this genre.
And also, for the youngsters out there... Y'ALL REALLY NEED TO STEP YOUR GAME UP.
If you look at all the legends of this game, they had hits when they was young, but they were TIGHT. Roxanne Shante had her hit when she was 14! Eric B and Rakim came out at 17! LL Cool J 17... How old was Short when he did Freaky Tales? The youngsters need to step it up, and the older cats need to stay true and then everybody can eat.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
Yuk should never retire. How can u retire when you are better than everyone? Thats like Jay, Jay doesnt retire because no one is fucking with him after all these years STILL.