Album Features with Bay Artists

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
I saw someone post about the Hyphy movement being dead and what not and I came up with this, hopefully it hasn't been posted here before. But back to my point. Bay area artists have good features on the newer albums with "mainstream" cats. Messy Marv with Lil Flip on Bandanas, Jadakiss on Block Movement, Chamillionaire & and Stat Quo on Balance's Mixtape, and so forth and so on. I know Stat Quo isn't that big, blah blah, but you see where I'm going. My point is, a good measure of the BAY blowing up will be Bay artists being featured on other Artist's CDs. Right? Not the BS rhetoric that, "Labels are looking at the Bay", or "Look, Jagged Edge came out with a song called Stunna Shades", or "P-Diddy was shouting out the Bay Area." So here it is, can anyone give me features of Bay Area artists on CD's that aren't bay CDs. Bonus points for mainstream successful artists/albums. Let's keep it Post-2000, for ya ignant cats, that means after 2000. Thanks and let's keep it movin.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
The only pattern I see is E-40, Short Dogg, and 2Pac, even though homeboy didn't see my Post-2000 request. I guess the point I was trying to make is, I'll be more in the belief that the bay is on the come up when either a bay artist other than established ones like the middle-aged, Too Short and Forty-Water, get their nationwide shine or start to get featured on "mainstream" artists. But as some has been saying, I'm definately not in any rush, shoot been waiting about 12 years now. I don't care as much as some of y'alls if the bay gets their shine, just make good music and I'll cop it. Alright everyone, keep on adding if you have any songs with Bay features. Stayin bay wit it - J:M

Mar 8, 2006
I feel you 100%. Its one thing to get other artists on Bay shit, but to see Bay dudes gettin paid to get on other people's shit, that's when we'll know. As corny as dude is, K-Fed gettin Ya Boy on is a good look fo Ya Boy. What that means to me is he's puttin himself in the right position to be noticed and approached for that type of feature. Its mainstream exposure.

On a side note, a cat I know from the industry side of things out in Atlanta (R&B Songwriter & New Artist Scout for Geffen) called me last week and was playin' a Jacka song wanting to know who it was. That don't seem like shit, but it tells me that his shit is getting into industry hands too.

We've got a long way to go and 40s sale prove it. I mean, who could look down they noses at nearly 400K sold, but the point is he got a ton of fuckin exposure and probably won't even go platinum.

Its hard out here for a pimp!!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
too bad the mainstream cats aren't returning any favors by putting Bay cats on their shit.

E-40 and short don't count they are both on majors and have hella pull in the game.

Just cuz i bay rapper breaks bread to get Flip, Trilleville etc on their shit don't mean much. Its when the major cats are paying the bay cats big bread to be on their shit. God knows cats like Mess, Quinn, and the Mob Figaz have put in hella fuckin work and deserve that kind of exposure

If E-40 and Short can make these peoples singles I know the other bay area hard hitters can too. Seems like the bay is trying so hard and doing soooo much but still major underdoggs