Ain't it sad when one of your favorite Rappers need to hang it up.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 28, 2011
ha ha....swear it really hurt to say it....are boy E40. Think he really doing it for Money now. Aint mad at him just havent felt his last probably 6 albums. Of course I haven't felt the other million 90 bay rappers who been fell off, but E40, Mac Dre were a few of are survivors.
Those last albums were cool and current with today's sound IMO but dam my speakers dam near took a beating on all my systems.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
ha ha....swear it really hurt to say it....are boy E40. Think he really doing it for Money now. Aint mad at him just havent felt his last probably 6 albums. Of course I haven't felt the other million 90 bay rappers who been fell off, but E40, Mac Dre were a few of are survivors.
mac dre didnt survive :hurt:

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
It aint really "sad" to me,
I just move on from thier shit to the next artist who catches my attention.
When a rapper gets to old (IMO) they try to immulate the youth to stay relevant..
I am 29 yrs old and i dont want to hear fools my age and older tryna be "hip" ..

Let the lil muhfuckers do them... take us back to our hey day with the music old niggaz!! lol

May 16, 2002
Fact of the matter the music is changing and anybody trying to bring back that old sound and blow it up it's just not going to happen anymore.

The rappers that we speak of in here (meaning Bay Area rappers in general), their time has passed as far as making big industry moves. They will remain underground and have a fan base within their region and a few places within & out of state, but that's as far as it will go.

Unless there is a rapper out of the Bay that comes with a complete new sound and under 30 years of age.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2008
Honestly E-40 would have to be an idiot to quit.. I mean his last albums both debut in the billboard top 200 so he is obviously making money still and the song "Function" was huge I heard people slapping it like crazy when i was out in Hawaii and motha fuckas in Hawaii dont even be listening to rap that much usuallty just reggae and shit.. there is obviously still a huge market for his shit.. he has remaind relevent for 25 almost 30 years.. Name any other rappers who have done that.. their isnt much... You say he raps about the same shit and doesnt change his style? why would he change if it is working for him?... when most rappers change their style they lose fans... Brotha Lynch's season of the siccness did crazy numbers for an independant album after that he didnt do as much of the cannobolistic crazy phsyco raps and didnt sell as much but now his last three albums he is back on the weirdo serial killer type of rap and is doing real good numbers... I used to like Tech N9ne, Andre Nickatina, Messy Marv, Master P but they have all changed their styles from 10 years ago and i do not like most of their newer music... it is still workin for him why would he quit or change his style