After 297 listens..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 27, 2002
That Andre 3000 cd is fuckin incredibly stupendously nice. Good God almighty the shit is bangin like I don't know what. I always dug this cat, but I thought a whole cd of him might just be too much eccentricity for me to take, and I had thought that Big Boi's cd would be the one I favored. Big Boi's joint is tight, but 3000's effort is some unclassifiable, in-a-category-of-it's-own musical genius. I mean the muthafucka is singin about Happy Valentine's Day and Pretty Pink and Baby Blue, I think I'm in loooove again, and all kinds of lovey dovey syrupy shit but I'll be damned if that shit aint more infectious than the Outbreak virus. In my opinion this is easily the best work by Outkast so far, which is saying a lot.

It's a trip how so many cats are cool with the transformation of Outkast from having a simple pimp image to one of pure self-expression, yet the same cats will bang on Nickatina for doing the same thing. I can't imagine if Outkast was still all about that pimpalistic cadillac bullshit, and Nickatina was still rhyming that ole Dre Dog bloody guts pluggin niggas asses with dildos rap. Actually I can, they would be 95% of the rap cats out now.

Apr 25, 2002
You right about about that Andre 3000 shit. Its not some shit you can knock in your car, you gotta put on some headphones and let that album mindfuck you while you sip some Henny and smoke some herb

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
I totally agree. I wouldnt want to hear Outkast still rapping in the same way that they did years back. It was classic sure, but now a days they have a more mature musical style, a more open way of expression and shit. I like Boi's disc but I think Andre took a step further when he successfully did what he did on that CD... something that has never really been heard on a hip hop cd (to that extent).

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

After about 3 full listens, Im really feelin Big Bois CD. I thought he would be over shadowed by all the features, but I hardly notice them. The production is so nice, its experimental, yet it doesnt sway too far from what you'd expect from an Outkast CD. Basically this is the CD Ive been waiting for Big Boi to drop.

As for The Love Below. So far im only feeling the song with Norah jones. This CD is interesting though, im gonna do what EA said, minus the masturbating tho, and let this shit soak in...