Action Bronson Mega-Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
that documentary is fucking classic, holy shit

at this point i'm planning on grabbing the CD from best buy on Monday, grabbing a 22 of some kind of DIPA and playing the whole thing all the way through.

can't wait

Feb 23, 2005
nep.503
Hate to say it but this album was a bit of a disappointment.
The best tracks on it were the 1s he already had out weeks/months before the album was droppin. Those songs had the best lyrics/beats off the whole album IMO.

Maybe I was too hyped for it and nothing was gonna satisfy me. I dunno.
I agree. He released the meatiest parts of the album before the release. As a whole the album is dope, flows well together and has some really sick tracks. But the stuff he didn't already release just had me thinkin meh...Falconry though was dope, probably my favorite because both him and Lauren rip that track. The only real big complaint I can come up with was the album felt too short.

Apr 25, 2002
Mr. Wonderful was disappointing. The album isn't even 50 minutes long and there's only like 20-something minutes of actual rapping... The middle of the album is a long boring lull that makes up about 1/3rd of the album (Thug Love, City Boy Blues & Light in the Addict which was about 5 minutes too long.) It felt like he made Party Supplies a feature to justify letting the beats play out to make the songs twice as long as they should have been. Same with Big Body Bes, there was no reason to have a minute of random yelling at the end of The Rising. Too much filler, woulda been better as an EP.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Mr. Wonderful was disappointing. The album isn't even 50 minutes long and there's only like 20-something minutes of actual rapping... The middle of the album is a long boring lull that makes up about 1/3rd of the album (Thug Love, City Boy Blues & Light in the Addict which was about 5 minutes too long.) It felt like he made Party Supplies a feature to justify letting the beats play out to make the songs twice as long as they should have been. Same with Big Body Bes, there was no reason to have a minute of random yelling at the end of The Rising. Too much filler, woulda been better as an EP.
I agree. The album has some dope songs on it but it was a bit of a disappointment. It wasnt as dope as Dr Lecter. But it might be hard to top that album since I think it's a real classic. I pretty much like all of his music but he didnt release an album better than Dr Lecter yet. A few albums came close though but not this one.

It's a dope album but it didnt live up to my expectations.