40 took off "The Bay"?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.strictlystackin.com
IMA COP IT JUST FOR THE FACT THAT ITS FORTY.

AND YES THAT SONG IS THAT TIGHT. I TRULY HOPE IT WAS CUZ OF SOME SHIT YOU WAS SPEAKING ON SENATOR CUZ IT WOULD BE SAD TO KNOW IT GOT CUT CUZ IT WASNT LIKED. SHIT IN MY OPINION THAT WAS THE TIGHTEST CUT ON THE WHOLE CD. BUT I WISH MUCH LUCK TO THE MAN AND NO HATING OVER HERE.

Apr 25, 2002
That song was the weakest of all on the bootleg...Who cares anyway? If it didn't make this album maybe it will make another...and you can listen to the MP3 anytime so it's not that big of a deal. But like I said before, that song is ok but I thought it was one of the weakest I heard out of those new 40 songs. I can't fuckin wait til tuesday.

HeX55

Sicc OG
May 13, 2002
It's not that they'd buy the album for one song, but that one song pushes it over the top ya know...

And I have bought albums just cuz of one song...

--
HeX

Jun 1, 2002
Back when element of surprise came out I wanted to hear "Ghetto in the sky." The Source was talking about it in the review but it wasn't on the album. I guess they couldn't clear the sample. We remade the beat for a song called "Serenade The Ghetto" for a rapper named Magnum Black but would have cost a gang to pay for that. So we changed our music as well. Stevie and Mutume don't like for anyone to sample they music. I am surprised Bigge got to do juicy.

Jun 1, 2002
Cantankerous said:
"Ghetto In The Sky" was re-named "Back Against The Wall" Master P is on it and it's produced by Bosko.
Yes I know that but it is not the original music. It was supposed to be "Ribbon in the sky" by Stevie Wonder replayed. I dont have the issue of the Source that it was in but it mentioned that it was the music to ribbon in the sky.

Apr 25, 2002
does anybody have a version of 'The Bay' that doesn't skip?! Mine seems to skip at 1:18? Just curious if everyone elses' is like that too...hook that up if u could...it'd be greatly appreciated :classic:

Apr 26, 2002
senatorOFdaYAE said:
i never knew people bought albums for just 1 song?when did that start?
the sad thing is......alot of albums now a days, you only get ONE or two GOOD songs on a full album...but then again that just may be from a musicians point of view...i think that song was pure knocko though...it's a shame that whatever happened - happened to make that song get dropped.fuck it, it's 40 if those three little kids ain't gonna buy it cause that song ain't on there, i don't think 40 will end up losing a meal over it..you can't please everyone in the damn world, sometimes you just gotta please yourself.peace!

Playa-T

S

senatorOFdaYAE

Tweak said:
This track will never get released, even though it should. Easily my favorite from the Grit & Grind advance.
where did you get your info from?who told you this track will never be out on a mixed and mastered version?

Apr 25, 2002
senatorOFdaYAE said:
where did you get your info from?who told you this track will never be out on a mixed and mastered version?
The best tracks never do get released, I'm just being a skeptic.