40 took off "The Bay"?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HeX55

Sicc OG
May 13, 2002
So "The Bay" isn't on the retail version of Grit & Grind?

What a HUGE mistake...that's the fuckin anthem for everybody I know right now.

--
HeX

Apr 25, 2002
people away from cali dont wanna hear about the bay/northern cali,but us in cali sure like to listen to atlanta,jersey,brooklyn and all that other shit.just like they dont buy us but we sure buy them.

May 29, 2002
is it really not on there? i noticed it wasn't on northern-ridaz.com but it was the tightest song IMO. it almost makes me not want 2 support 40. J/K

HeX55

Sicc OG
May 13, 2002
I feel you BayGiants, that was my favorite song off the advanced copy of the album. That and "It's All Gravity" were put on repeat.

--
HeX

Jun 1, 2002
I am sorry but it sounded like it only cost him two dollars to make that song. And it sounded like he had some folks from down the block sing the hook. I will not miss that song at all. Plus the beat sucked ass!

May 11, 2002
i can't belive that track aint gonna make the cut. I would have thought that the whole point of that track was to put it down for the Bay on a big selling cd with huge distribution. To make matters worse it's gotta be within the top 3 tracks on the advance albumn. Still gonna get it next week but it's a major disappointment that it wont be on there.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Maybe its on there as a bonus cut, like the last track plays out and it starts after? Or have y'all actually heard the final product and its not on there?

HeX55

Sicc OG
May 13, 2002
That's a mistake and a half, for real...I know a dude from like Chicago who's playing that song out...

Mr. Strike I think that's the point of the song, it's just some down to earth at home type of shit...seriously you're the first person I known that doesn't like the song. Everybody else thinks it is the shit.

Even read rec.music.hip-hop, some other dudes are feeling it and that's a primarily underground backpacker type forum...

--
HeX

S

senatorOFdaYAE

he did over 35 new songs for this album...with some feat. on some songs that were big but did nt make this album..that track may get moved for a movie sound track who knows..when your on a major shit works diffrent..the track will be out 1 way or another.. what makes it a big mistake? the album will sell the same with or with out that track...

Jun 1, 2002
HeX55 said:

Mr. Strike I think that's the point of the song, it's just some down to earth at home type of shit...seriously you're the first person I known that doesn't like the song. Everybody else thinks it is the shit.

--
HeX
Now don't get it twisted it may be just that I heard it off the net it it just sounded jacked up. But on the real I just was not feelin that one. To be honest I haven't really felt the last Three Sick Wid It cd's.
The only thing that brought back my faith was the Mossie's new album. It is bad when A D-Shot album comes out better than E-40's joint. I have heard most of this new album and so far I haven't been impressed to the point that I think it is another In A Major Way. I will still no doubt pick it up on the 9th but if it is like the last album I might have to stick to the promise I made myself when Hempin ain't easy came out, and that is "If this album isn't any good I will not spend my scratch on another Sick Wid It album." But like I said I have bought every Sick Wid It album that has came out. :classic: I even bought A-1s album to fill the collection dammit!

HeX55

Sicc OG
May 13, 2002
Not sure about that Senator, three of my friends probably aren't buying it since he took that song off. That's just three people I know, who knows how many others.

--
HeX

May 22, 2002
510-341-925
its a damm shame when we have to hear anthems from LA ,NY an dirty south all day long but when it comes to the bay nobody wants to hear it fuck that 2 pac did it with death row suge said dont nobody wanna hear no to live an die in the bay make it about LA thats fucked up an 40 should know better hes just tryin to stay in good with jive but hes gonna lose respect in the bay

word the mossie was knockin sic wid it is dope without jive

S

senatorOFdaYAE

white rushin said:
its a damm shame when we have to hear anthems from LA ,NY an dirty south all day long but when it comes to the bay nobody wants to hear it fuck that 2 pac did it with death row suge said dont nobody wanna hear no to live an die in the bay make it about LA thats fucked up an 40 should know better hes just tryin to stay in good with jive but hes gonna lose respect in the bay

word the mossie was knockin sic wid it is dope without jive
jive dont pick out the tracks that go on the album..when i mentioned jive i ment he has a buget and just does nt record 20 songs and leaves a few off.when on a major you do a gang of songs and then select the tracks you feel.did you ever think maybe he did nt feel that song after he sat there and decided whats making the album?maybe the song did nt get cleared if there was a tiny sample in there or who ever did the hook there label would nt clear it?theres many factors that play into things like this and its not my bizz to speak on it.to start running your mouth about shit you have no clue about is plain stupid!

S

senatorOFdaYAE

HeX55 said:
Not sure about that Senator, three of my friends probably aren't buying it since he took that song off. That's just three people I know, who knows how many others.

--
HeX
i never knew people bought albums for just 1 song?when did that start?

Apr 25, 2002
HeX55 said:

--
HeX
You've got to be kidding...

Just because of that one song?

Was the Bay song that tight? I haven't even heard it.