40 Got A Hit On His Hands

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
"Da Bay" off his new album.

That is the cut. He HAS GOT TO make a radio version and it will be the summer anthem in the Bay. GUARANTEED.

He gives it up real big for the Bay. He raps slow enough that the average radio listener will understand him and the chorus is a radio chorus if I ever heard one. "I'm sorry baby I can't change my ways/ I grew up in the Bay/ Where the hustlers play/ All day"

He mentions The Music People and Jason Blaine, Studio Ton, T's Wauzi, the Raiders, the 49ers, etc...

"I grew up in the Bay/
Cali-fo-ni-a/
Where the Oakland Raiders and the 49ers play/
I hear everybody talk about where they stay/
Well how come I can't talk about where I stay/
The Yay/
Where we pop our collars/
Jack our slacks/
And make them dollars/
Write these raps and spit this game/
And show the whole world/
That we ain't no lames/
I can't change my ways/
I been a hustla for days/
The way I walk and I talk/
It's not a fad or a phase/
A fling a fluke or a joke/
Or some old gimmick that's staged/
But it's the way I am/
I can't change my ways"

Gone,
Doxx

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
Kevin over at bayridaz.com posted the link where you can hear the whole 40 album.

It's www.e-40.net

Once it loads, click on "Media" and all the songs are there.

Hopefully my actual cd copy from Jive is sittin' in my mailbox right now 'cause I wanna do an in-depth review.

Just from checkin' the songs this morning though I can say "Grit & Grind" is better than "Loyalty & Betrayal" and the "Charlie Hustle" album.

Gone,
Doxx

Gone,
Doxx

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
40 will never beat "In A Major Way." That's his landmark album in my opinion. He was at the top of his game and everything came together on that album (lyrics, style, the production was unmatched). It was all there. That's one of my most prized albums.

Gone,
Doxx

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I think this one is right up there with In A Major Way. I'd have to bump it on a tight system tho, ya cant hear the slumps on a computer. I was feeling all the beats, and IMO that has been one of the problems with a lot of 40's CDs. Im hella excited for this one to drop.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
I'm knowin' Shea. It sounds like a pretty vicious album to me.

And I know a lot of people was clownin' when they heard that Afroman was on the album, but I'm lovin' that one he's on: "Roll On".

"A-F-R-O-M-A-N/
Sell mo' dope than Ronald Reagan..."

"...my pockets were skinny/
I had to fatten 'em/
I went what I call parkin' lot platinum..."

Afroman is a fool.

Gone,
Doxx

TKO

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
Nice...thanks for the link Doxx....I see 40 has changed his topics he spits...more party-like...not so much gunplay and drug selling themes....I guess you could say he matured....the beats are much more vocal and melodic....then the hard hitting bass thumps on his older releases...I found out of all the songs I liked.."It's A Man's Game"...and then it would be Whump Whump, Automatic, ,Lifestyles, Da Bay....I wish he would make another hard hitting cut like Carlos Rossi......the kind where it jus rattles the trunk all day!!!