2014 Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Our starting rotation is looking great now. That Tigers sweep woke Beane up lol.
They were already shopping for starting pitching a month before the sweep.

only thing I dont like out of all of this is milone to the minors instead of johnson.

Id put milone in the pen, have him give otero some innings off when a starter gets knocked out early, and stop wasting a roster spot with johnson.

even 1 less reliever for another bat would be better than a johnson on the bench. got to get over the fact we spent 10 mil on dude
Milone has options and just pitched the previous day... Johnson was the only pitcher in the bullpen not used in the extra inning game the previous day, so they might have needed him tonight. Also, he has enough service time in to deny the assignment.

My guess is that by the end of the month Chavez is traded for a 2B/MI, Sogard is sent to AAA, Johnson is traded away for non-prospect AAA players/released, Mills moves to the pen and Milone is back in the rotation. Chavez was a scrap heap reliever turned top 20 starter, his value isn't going to get any higher from here and he was never in the team's long-term plans anyway.

Jan 18, 2006

Milone has options and just pitched the previous day... Johnson was the only pitcher in the bullpen not used in the extra inning game the previous day, so they might have needed him tonight. Also, he has enough service time in to deny the assignment.

My guess is that by the end of the month Chavez is traded for a 2B/MI, Sogard is sent to AAA, Johnson is traded away for non-prospect AAA players/released, Mills moves to the pen and Milone is back in the rotation. Chavez was a scrap heap reliever turned top 20 starter, his value isn't going to get any higher from here and he was never in the team's long-term plans anyway.
Yeah i hear ya but does seem like they had a bit more urgency on actually making the deal after the Tigers series. Good to see you post in here again

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah i hear ya but does seem like they had a bit more urgency on actually making the deal after the Tigers series. Good to see you post in here again
I still think it was a coincidence. As well as the A's have played, the Angels were only 3.5 out when news of the trade broke. Both the Angels and Mariners are a threat, the Mariners are already shifting their rotation around so that Felix faces Samardzija this Friday... We're not even halfway through the season yet and head to head matchups in the AL West are being treated like it's mid-September.

Apr 25, 2002
No other team has as many All-Stars on the roster this year. I think the closest are the Dodgers, Brewers, Cardinals and Reds who are sending four players each.

Samardzija said he's doing the National League pre-game introductions and then going over to hang out in the AL dugout. I don't know if I've ever seen a player more excited about getting traded.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002

Johnson will prolly get DFA'd soon and become a free agent. Unless Dan Snyder or or Mark Cuban buy a baseball team, I don't see anyone pickin up his pro rated 11 mill.

If billy is goin all in this year like it looks, he needs to flip Chavez and a couple prospects to he Phillies for Chase Utley.

This team has a 2 year window as it stands right now.

Apr 25, 2002
Johnson will prolly get DFA'd soon and become a free agent. Unless Dan Snyder or or Mark Cuban buy a baseball team, I don't see anyone pickin up his pro rated 11 mill.

If billy is goin all in this year like it looks, he needs to flip Chavez and a couple prospects to he Phillies for Chase Utley.

This team has a 2 year window as it stands right now.
At this point, I'd have to guess that Utley is at the top of their list, but he might be hard to get... I don't think the Phillies front office has any idea what they're doing with their team or their aging players, so they might want way too much or more than the A's have.

At least there are a couple other options if the Phils end up holding on to him.

Feb 8, 2006
you guys are the best team in baseball so you should win the series
our offense is almost as bad as the padres