2013 Oakland A's Thread...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
a little slump doesnt mean the seasons over and that we cant get a lead in the division again. people give up way too easily.

also, getting angry about bunts is fucking gay. especially if its to break up a no hitter, that old-time rule needs to go. in no way is it cheating, its part of the game, and if its ok to do when the game is tied, or you're down, or up, why cant u do it when the pitcher is doing well? you do what it takes to win.

also, and i havent seen anything on this, but the A's picked up Rosales from the Rangers again (edit:i didnt see the post above)

Sonny Gray to get the start tomorrow. lets fucking sweep these Canadian Fucks

Props: Unknownn

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
nice to the bats being broken out and for Reddick to break his "season-long" slump....i dont know the last time i saw an opposite field home run by him, and the swing on the first one was SICK, huge uppercut swing but goddamn that was a huge jack.

everyones having a good game...a couple doubles for Smith, Vogt's swinging the bat well, it'll be interesting to see what they do when Jaso is healthy. also, i know Reddick didnt have that many homers but i didnt he had only 5 before coming into the game

Props: Unknownn

Chuco

Sicc OG
May 2, 2009
Adam Rosales has had a disorienting week

3HR game for reddick !! and i thought this whole rosales thing was funny

Adam Rosales was on the Athletics. Then, a week ago, he was claimed by the Rangers off waivers. He joined the Rangers. Three days later the Rangers designated him for assignment. He was reclaimed by the Athletics and is with the team in Toronto.

If you think these quick moves back and forth may have led to some disorientation, you’re right:

J @jane MLB Rosales is in Toronto. His wife is in Oakland. And all of their belongings, including their car? Shipped to Texas.
This is why, as a child of early 1980s nuclear paranoia, I always keep a “go-bag” nearby. Kids these days who never watched the original “Red Dawn” don’t realize how important that is.

Oh well, at least Rosales has some stability now and can let life settle down.

At least as long as he isn’t DFA’d again when the A’s need to make a roster move in a couple of days.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
cespedes and reddick have been struggling all season, they've had their good games but nothing going on a consistent basis..
example of that today against the jays. yo with a hr, reddick with 3 and he still has an at bat left. Id prefer it if hed stretch those hr's through a course of a few games instead of all in one tho

Jan 18, 2006
We needed to play a wack team to get back on track. Nice to see Reddick produce really well however not expecting him to all of a sudden to go 2 for 4 every game after this, i just dont think he has it this year

Its not that anyone was giving up all of a sudden but to go from the start of last week being ahead of Texas by 6 games to the division being tied, ya id say there was reason to worry.

Mar 8, 2008
We needed to play a wack team to get back on track. Nice to see Reddick produce really well however not expecting him to all of a sudden to go 2 for 4 every game after this, i just dont think he has it this year

Its not that anyone was giving up all of a sudden but to go from the start of last week being ahead of Texas by 6 games to the division being tied, ya id say there was reason to worry.
there definitely was reason to worry, our starting pitchers were giving up back to back HRs like candy, multiple E games, no offense, etc etc