2004 Maxima JL Subs installed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2004
how much did your set up cost overall?
Speaker and amp I got off an ebay store, about 700 shipped. For the install and everything else I needed it was less than $200.

that setup is weak if you aint portin it through your rear package tray you only hearin like 50% of your woofers potential and in 3 months your gonna be rattlin like an old chev alot you are gonna disagree but the truth is the truth thats a weak ass circuit city/best buy setup step your game up fair oaks electronics in Sac is the spot if you local
It is all about preference, I'm good off a ported box. Had a bandpass in the past and it hit hard but the sound is not as clean as the sealed box. I'm not trying to win any competitions, I got a system because I like bass. As for rattling I'm not too worried about that.

Learn about it.

Sep 29, 2003
wattup wit them 12" CVR kickers. anyone know if they knock harder than JLs? cuz its between those are some JLs
I used to have a pair of 10s in my explorer years back, they are responsible for most of my hearing loss lol.....cleanest bass I ever had.....

Anyone ever pull up at the stop lights and everyone around you is rollin up
their windows? LOL.....I used to not care but now I usually roll my windows up at the stop lights gotta be respectful!

Nov 5, 2004
Whats up Sicc

I just finished the install of my 12W6 JL Audio sub woofer, custom setup all done in my garage.

Shit is loud as fuck, I feel like a fucking child haha.

Check it out

Let me know what you think, if you got a system post that shit.
I can't wait to make old people roll they windows up hah
I gave you MacGyver props for being a do-it-yourselfer.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
@Makaveli_420......For some reason I hate it /love it when ppl roll up their windows.....I always wanted to make a song about it...,,,,,

haha!

@510PLAYA.....I bet that shit hit hard as fuck.....

Nov 1, 2004
My 3rd brake light is fucking rattling horribly. Going to fix that shit after work tomorrow. Other than that the rattling is not bad, I will not allow my shit to sound like caprice classic with 2 15s lol

Nov 1, 2004
props on the homemade setup, looks clean. Tell me more about that seal bottle how does that work?
I used it on the inside top part of my truck, where the 2 metal plates are separated. Fill in the gaps where the 2 metal plates are closest. It will harden and kill the rattling. You can get it at AutoZone.

My 3rd brake light is rattling against my rear window, I am going to get some door insulation and put it on the top of the brake light to fix it.