2 weeks in Thailand here's what I ate . . .

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Please tell me you knocked some thai pussy, fuck the food...
I'm pretty sure ColdBlooded is married and was there with his wife.

CB, what would you say was the best/worst of the dishes you ate? Did you see any food that you were like "there is no fucking way I'm even trying that?" What was the average price range for the food there in dollars?

I'm not big on Thai food but some of that stuff looks pretty fucking scrumptious. That's right... I said scrumptious.

Apr 25, 2002
hey does the food in thailand taste like the food they have at thai restaurants here, or is what we get "americanized"?
1,000 times better and hotter

Thai people were shocked I could eat as spicy of food as I did. Normal westerners can't take the spice. They told me I was part Thai because I could eat it like they do. Wait staff would stand and watch me eat because they couldn't believe it.

Apr 25, 2002
The sticky rice burger thing I bought as a joke because it was so strange. But I was partly on a mission to try anything strange I saw too. But you know what those burgers were pretty good. I ended up eating 3 of them total in my two weeks.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
^wow $6 motherfucking dollars?

That is some good value, you would be paying tripple that for one dish in the west

Apr 25, 2002
I'm pretty sure ColdBlooded is married
Correct sir. I do rike the azn girls, but Thai women probably the least. So no I was not fucking girls.

CB, what would you say was the best/worst of the dishes you ate? Did you see any food that you were like "there is no fucking way I'm even trying that?" What was the average price range for the food there in dollars?

I'm not big on Thai food but some of that stuff looks pretty fucking scrumptious. That's right... I said scrumptious.
Best that's hard. I guess I'd go with that garlic fish because we picked it out fresh at the market. But I love me some fucking noodle bowls. Those are like 50 baht maybe (something wants me to say more like 30 though). So like $1.50 at the most.

Here's the fish (they were still flopping around they were so fresh)

Here is the one we picked out getting pulled off the scale before it got turned into dinner:

So for that fish (which they then gut, remove the head, de-scale, and put slices in for you) cost about $3.

Worst was the Som Tom. I don't have enough Thai in me for that stuff. I mean I could eat it if I had to, but Thais love that shit.

Did you see any food that you were like "there is no fucking way I'm even trying that?"
No. I planned to try anything they would eat. At least try it. If i didn't like it fine, but I had to try it.

It was.

Apr 25, 2002
how was the durian?
I like it. It smells like something terrible like a rotting fish inside a dirty sweat sock. But once you start eating it you don't really notice the smell. I couldn't really tell you what it tastes like (you know how some people say about things "oh it tastes like chicken"?). Well Durian ONLY tastes like Durian. I wouldn't go out of my way to search it out to get it, but if presented with it again I sure wouldn't say no.

Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
I like it. It smells like something terrible like a rotting fish inside a dirty sweat sock. But once you start eating it you don't really notice the smell. I couldn't really tell you what it tastes like (you know how some people say about things "oh it tastes like chicken"?). Well Durian ONLY tastes like Durian. I wouldn't go out of my way to search it out to get it, but if presented with it again I sure wouldn't say no.
Besides the cabbage EVERYTHING looks hella bomb. How was the Durian?
He answered lol..