2 Topics, 1 Thread: TO Might Be Gone In Dallas; Yahoo Columnist Disses Raider Fans

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Forgive me if this sounds like something you've heard before, but the Dallas Cowboys are internally discussing the idea that Terrell Owens may be doing their football team more harm than good.

According to the Star-Telegram, a lot of people are on board with the idea of getting rid of Owens, but a fellow named Jerry Jones is not yet one of them:

Going T.O.-less has become a topic of serious internal debate at Valley Ranch. And an awful lot of Cowboys front-office types have decided parting ways with him is not only a good idea, but also necessary to fixing what is obviously wrong with this team.

In fairness, none of them are named Owner Jones. Not yet at least.

But word is people very close to him, including a certain son, have been in his ear.

The question, as it always is with Jerry, remains: Will he listen?

The reference is to Stephen Jones, son of Jerry, who is described in the article as "well regarded ... at home and in NFL circles." I had no idea there was a Jones depth chart. I guess they're like the Rooneys, except the complete opposite.

Anyway, in regards to Owens, Cowboys fans have to see it as good news that at least someone wants to be rid of Owens. If nothing else, it means that at least one person is paying attention.

If they head into next season with Wade Phillips remaining as head coach, and Terrell Owens remaining as the number one wide receiver, then what's really changed? You've still got a man perceived as soft captaining the ship, and you've still got the ominous cloud of locker room dissention that follows Terrell Owens wherever he goes.

Aren't these the two things that sunk the Cowboys in 2008? Don't you have to at least change one of them?

I don't want it to sound like I think Owens is the worst person in the world. I don't. He might be a perfectly nice, kind-hearted man with a soul made of powdered sugar. But if he's in your locker room, your locker room is bumfuzzled.

That's just a fact. I don't know what it is about the guy, but it's how things are. Much like a Raiders fan without a criminal record, a happy and cohesive locker room that contains Terrell Owens is just something that can't exist.

If you're the Cowboys, this will be the third consecutive year now where your team was thought to have Super Bowl talent. What you've gambled on in the past -- that talent being able to overcome the circus that Owens can't help but attract -- hasn't worked. It's time to try something else.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...round-the-idea-of-kicking-T-O-?urn=nfl,134689

First of all, I told you Cowboy fans Owens is a little bitch that ruins teams.

Second, LMAO @ the raider fan diss.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
So what u want a cookie?? U aint told us nuthin we aint know. We knew what kind of guy he is, but when teams take chances is if u want to take the talent with the mouth and we took that chance. Last year it worked out fine with one of the greatest years by a wideout, yes we lost in the playoffs but it wasnt his fault!! But yea I do think it may be time to go after this year!! I think mainly because I think he has a hold on Romo and it would lift a weight off Romo if he goes!! Thats what I think!! Got Em!!

Apr 25, 2002
So what u want a cookie??
This coming from a guy who gloats and talks shit over a prediction he made on a message board.

All I'm saying is I told you guys, because some of you disagreed with me the last time we discussed Owens. It's not like I'm running my mouth and acting like I'm a "guru" over a simple prediction like a certain someone on this forum..

Jan 18, 2006
he needs a coach like singletary to check his ass
That doesnt help, Andy Reid checked his ass and he left training camp. He definitely could only fit in with a team like New England but Moss already found that team which is pretty much the only team he could fit in with

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
This coming from a guy who gloats and talks shit over a prediction he made on a message board.

All I'm saying is I told you guys, because some of you disagreed with me the last time we discussed Owens. It's not like I'm running my mouth and acting like I'm a "guru" over a simple prediction like a certain someone on this forum..
Dog stop it! This is not about the Guru that I am!! The point Im makin is that we all knew what he was about!! He did the same shit in SF & Philly, but we took a chance. Again he gave us a great season but with shitty coaches, we got outcoached in the playoff game last year! This year again we have shitty coaches!! So even with T.O. gone Im not sure how good we will do with Wade running the show, but like I said I do think it would lift a weight of Romo's back!! But all in all we all know what u get wit T.O. A baller and a big ego!! Got Em!!

Jun 18, 2005
Dog stop it! This is not about the Guru that I am!! The point Im makin is that we all knew what he was about!! He did the same shit in SF & Philly, but we took a chance. Again he gave us a great season but with shitty coaches, we got outcoached in the playoff game last year! This year again we have shitty coaches!! So even with T.O. gone Im not sure how good we will do with Wade running the show, but like I said I do think it would lift a weight of Romo's back!! But all in all we all know what u get wit T.O. A baller and a big ego!! Got Em!!
I DN'T THINK NO TEAM DE$ERVE$ THAT FOOLIO EVEN AMERICA'$ TEAM!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
^^What u mean losing?? We want that fool Garrett gone anyway!! He better put more plays in that playbook if he stays!! Got Em!!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Maaaan the Cowboys are just a more talented version of the Raiders, with their crazy ass owner and shit

although I think we're in a better situation... because Al Davis is older and in worse health... I think Jerry Jones is gonna be alive for a lot more years... lol

Apr 25, 2002
To be clear, I wasn't talking about YOU in the first post. A bunch of your fellow Cowboy fans disagreed with me when I told them how Owens was. I believe it was in the "TO is a faggot" thread. So when I said "I told you guys" I didn't necessarily mean you. YOU might know how TO works, but some of your fellow Cowboy fans obviously did not.

Apr 25, 2002
Maaaan the Cowboys are just a more talented version of the Raiders, with their crazy ass owner and shit

although I think we're in a better situation... because Al Davis is older and in worse health... I think Jerry Jones is gonna be alive for a lot more years... lol
Sorry but Jerry Jones >>>> Al Davis these days. They're similar in the fact that they go after the big-name guys, some of whom they don't need, but Jerry Jones knows a lot more about today's NFL than Al Davis does.