2 men caught stealing dogs to sell for meat brutally beaten by mob in Guilin

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005

Two men were brutally beaten with bricks and bats by an angry mob of people in Guilin, Guangxi province after they were caught stealing four dogs to sell to restaurants.
The men had been accused of pet dog theft in the past, according to the Daily Mail, which reported that the pair would drive through villages and lure dogs with sedative-laced meat before knocking them dead with bricks and throwing them into their car.

The two were caught when a resident in Sanjiang village returned home to see them dragging his pet into their car, with three other dogs already inside. The resident alerted neighbors who ran in groups and began beating the men on the street.
The mob then smashed the men's cars with bricks, injuring one in the process. Villagers were so angry that the refused to hand the men over to police, and continued to parade them through the village.
Eventually, families of the beaten men arrived and apologized on their behalf, promising to pay over 5,000 yuan in compensation.

AlcoholicLoser

I drink a lot of beer
Jun 3, 2002
Oregon Coast
That's what they deserve though I guess...

If I caught anyone doing ANYTHING to my dog I would probably shatter their fucking face right then...

I really hope this is never the situation, cuz honestly I probably wouldn't stop until their brains are mashed into the cement. I admit, my dog pisses me off sometimes, but not near as much as humans

Sep 25, 2005
M @mike manson so people have dogs as pets and eat them as well there. Is eating dogs becoming more controversial over the years with PETA and all that? Have you ever had hot dog casserole? My two dogs are "rescues" from Taiwan - apparently eating dogs has been legal and then illegal off an on. The dogs there are treated like pests. People tie them up to trees and make traps for them and shit. They say the black dogs taste best.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
M @mike manson so people have dogs as pets and eat them as well there. Is eating dogs becoming more controversial over the years with PETA and all that? Have you ever had hot dog casserole? My two dogs are "rescues" from Taiwan - apparently eating dogs has been legal and then illegal off an on. The dogs there are treated like pests. People tie them up to trees and make traps for them and shit. They say the black dogs taste best.
Most people don't eat dogs. In some parts in the country they still do though. In my wife's hometown they eat dog hotpot for CNY as some kind of lucky tradition. Where I live there are stray dogs everywhere and nobody tries to catch and eat them. And I never heard of anybody eating their pet dog...

Pet shops are now on every street corner. Very popular are Huskies and some little poodles. The other day some Chinese guy bought a Tibetan Mastiff for more than 1 million US$, so dogs are now also status symbols.

Nobody gives a fuck about PETA, but there are Chinese animal rights groups that try to better the condition of pets etc...

Jun 5, 2004
Theres a chinese food place around here thats in the same shopping center as a vets office... This chinese lady from the restaraunt would adopt hella cats from there and she somehow got busted because she was cooking the kittens. She said she didnt feed it to any random customers but i think she was feeding it to these other chinese customers who offered to pay hella money to eat it...but it got thrown out in court

Jun 5, 2004
Theres a chinese food place around here thats in the same shopping center as a vets office... This chinese lady from the restaraunt would adopt hella cats from there and she somehow got busted because she was cooking the kittens. She said she didnt feed it to any random customers but i think she was feeding it to these other chinese customers who offered to pay hella money to eat it...but it got thrown out in court

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Never heard of Chinese eating cats...