2 MANY PEOPLE IN THE RAP BIZ

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
HONESTLY I'M SETTIN UP MY PLAN RIGHT NOW. I GOT TWO ALBUMS COMPLETED. HUSTLE MUSIC VOL. 1 AND VOL.2. VOL.1 WILL DROP THIS YEAR. I'M GOIN OUT THE TRUNK WITH IT. WITH THE UNITS I SOLD ON MONEY RHYMES, I FELT LIKE DOIN IT AGAIN THE SAME ROUTE.... WE IN THE EARLY STAGES OF RECORDING OUR NEXT ALBUM FAMILY BIZNESS. MY PROBLEM IS RECORDING ALBUMS AND NEVER DROPPIN EM. IT'S MORE FUN RECORDING THEM THAN IT IS POLITICKIN WITH SNAKES TYNA GET DEALS. I'LL PUSH MINE OUT THE TRUNK UNTIL WE FEEL WE DESRVE TO HAND OVER THE REINS...

IT'S LIKE YOU SAID, SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST..

Sep 13, 2002
ayight, ayight, ayight.

no offense but the old cats thats still doin it bring heat. 40 yuk sean t the few mac & ak tracks ive heard of recent, bo and alot of other's.

new cats do bitch but then go get them as features. the only reason i listin to alot of new albums is if i see a yuk feat, or a c-bo feat, why?????? yes i know its kind of sad, but almost every new cd i have bought or "downloaded" has sucked, period. the only bright spot is the feature.

i feel i have been forced to download with how many cd's drop and how over 80 percent dont even have 1 track thats knockable. when 40 drop a cd i buy it, when sean t drop his new shit or yuk or quinn or bo ill buy it. The reason is because there always consistante, they put effort into each and everything cd they drop. they aint out to change the game or rearange the game, they just do what they have been doing.

I think if the bay stayed the same then the bay would still be big.

Everybody doing mix tapes, hummmmmm. fuck a mix tape. me personally most the beats that on mtv radio and every where else suck. i aint the type of cat that like most of those beats, so id rather here a delinquents solo, or cellski solo, or glys spitta solo. with there beats, with full tracks, with alot of work put into it.

anyway yall keep doin what your doin and ill keep tryin to peace this game together, then, and only then will i drop a cd or even a single.

Sep 13, 2002
Also look at san diego, look what were doin out here. 1 store small market and push what you know you can push. dago huge right now and will grow with each and every month. ill speak more on it later.

Apr 25, 2002
hmm, i agree with Mac on some points, disagree on others
as far as my generation, well we grimey as fuck...drug addicts for parents , doin bids, robbin to eat on the daily...we come up the hustle route...needles to the grave and what not...cats pushin up daises with our blood runnin through em...
so the hustle is all i know, fuck a rap hustle... I HUSTLE, i'll put it right here on the net I AM A DEALER fuck the bullshit...i'm three generations deep in hustlers, it's my blood line

my whole rap team is some grimey mothafuckas, from Sunnydale to Fillmoe to Lakeview to Double Rock to East Menlo we do the damn thang, our parents did the damn thang, our cousins did the damn thang EVERYTHING...

so for my generation to be called a generation who took shortcuts, man i bought my studio off hustle!!! We ain't pressin' promo, we hittin different hoods and flowin at they parties gettin our name out...we took it from the very bottom step up...and for someone to imply my generation skipped a step and faked our way in, does offend me, but i understand it's all conversation Mac and you're a good man...well to put it like this, we ain't here fakin nothin with albums droppin, we in the lab perfectin skills till the moment is right...and we're all harder then 95% of the cats out there rappin', and only the elite such as yourself, and the rest of the hardhitters in the bay is up there with us...i love the first generation of rap from the bay, they my heroes and the cats who paved teh way, but it's our turn
my whole click 20 and under (on the rap shit) and we doin it big...watch out

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
@ YOUNG MOE...

I FEEL YOU MOE... BUT PEEP GAME. MY GENERATION HAD THE SAME FUCKED UP EXPERIENCES AS YOURS. DRUG ADDICTED PARENTS ON HOP AND COKE. OTHERS POPPIN PILLS IN A ERA WHERE 10 YEARS EARLIER BLACKS COULDN'T EVEN VOTE. I WAS BORN IN THE 70'S WHEN RACE RIOTS WAS CRACKIN. 85% OF MY NIGGAS ONLY HAD MOM'S IN THE HOUSE. POPS WAS EITHER IN THE PEN OR ON THE STREETS OR DEAD. I SAID THAT ONLY TO SHOW YOU WE HAD THE SAME STRUGGLE AS FAR AS THE STREETS GO. MY POINT IS ALL THE RESOURCES YALL GOT AS FAR AS TECHNOLOGY, WE DIDN'T HAVE IT SO IT WAS WAY HARDER TO EARN RESPECT IN THE GAME. THE MONEY YALL SPENT TO BUY A TRITON OR MPC, WE HAD TO SPEND TO BOOK STUDIO TIME. WE HAD TO GO TO OTHER NIGGAS HOODS AND PASS OUT CD'S IN A ERA WHERE HOODS WAS FUNKIN BIG TIME( I'M FROM EPA, AND DAMN NEAR EVERY CITY WAS FUNKIN WIT US BACK IN THE DAY). WE GAINED REPSECT BY WHAT WE DID AND NOT WHAT WE SAID. FUCK RAP IF YOU TALKIN BOUT THE STREETS, CAUSE RAP WAS THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT REAL NIGGAS LIKE ME ALIVE WHEN I CAME UP. THAT SHIT GAVE US DREAMS AND ASPIRATIONS SO WE HUSTLED MORE CAREFULLY SO WE COULD DO A SHOW AND NOT GET LOCKED UP. NOW A DAYS SOME OF YALL GOT ALL THE TALENT AND NO DIRECTION, YOU MAY OWN A STUDIO, BUT IT'S A LOT REAL ENGINEERS COULD TEACH YOU THAT YOU DON'T KNOW AND THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. WE HAD A GANG OR RAPPERS FROM MY ERA, BUT THE ONES THAT SEPERATED THEM SELVES FROM THE PACK GOT THE LOVE, AND MOST OF THEM WILL TELL YOU THEY WAS YOUNG HARD HEADED NIGGAS THAT HAD OLDER CATS AT THE HELM SHOOTIN EM GAME TO CORRECT MISTAKES BEFORE THEY WERE MADE. UNFORTUNATLEY OTHERS HAD OLDER CATS USIN EM, AND THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SO MUCH NON TRUST IN THE BAY NOW CAUSE OF EXPERIENCES OF GETTIN FUCKED. RESPECT YA ELDERS CAUSE IF THEY DIDN'T LAY THE PATH, THERE WOULDN'T BE A YOUNG MOE OR MISTA CANE ME AND CANE JUST CHOPPED IT UP SO HE KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT......

ON ANOTHER NOTE, MOE WASSUP WIT THAT MPC...

Apr 25, 2002
damn lol
i can't argue with that...i guess i just didn't understand what you were sayin

and like i said, The Old School Rappers, they my heroes, of course i respect them...and i posted all that cus i thought you were sayin us young cats don't have the drive y'all did, and like we think everything should be and has been handed out to us...and my point was to proof that we didn't have shit easy, and we worked our way to where we at...
but i guess that's not what you were sayin, and as far as the engineer shit goes, man i'd love for some cat to lace me up , but ain't no mothafucka ever had no time to give me, and it seems like a lot of the older cats are big headed as fuck...and really despise us youngstarrs...
and yeah Mac, i feel you about handin out tapes in rival hoods and shit, the only reason i ever hit a party is to promot by word of mouth and bustin rhymes at parties, playin our CD's whatever...shit can get funky, especially at the EPA parties!!!!!!!! they don't like us SF cats one bit
the MPC...still outta comission, i don't know of anywhere in Vegas where i can get it repaired...my boy really did a number on it...

Apr 25, 2002
Re: MY OPINION...

MR. CLEEN said:
SHIT AINT GOT NUTHIN TO DO WIT OL TIMERS... MOST OF THESE NEW CATS IS GARBAGE POINT BLANK IMO (EXCEPT FOR A FEW HOT ONES)... CATS AINT PAID HALF THE DUES AS THE OL TIMERS YOU WISH WOULD HANG IT UP. BET THIS, TAKE 40 AND THE OTHER TIMERS YOU TALKIN ABOUT OUT THE GAME AND THE GAME IS DEAD... THESE OL TIMERS IS STILL MORE VALID THAN MOST OF THESE NEW CATS COMBINED BECAUSE THE NEW CATS CAN'T PULL THE WEIGHT. MAYBE THE RISK IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN IT WAS, OR MAYBE THE FEW WIT REAL SKILL SEE THE UPHILL BATTLE AND REMAIN TO BE NAMELESS IN THE RAP GAME.. PROBLEM IS CATS LIKE 40 HELD THE GATES OPEN LONG ENOUGH FOR A NEW ERA TO EMERGE AND NONE OF THESE NEW CATS WAS ABLE TO STEP TO THE PLATE AND DISTINGUISH THEM SELF FROM THE PACK. NUTHIN PERSONAL CANE, BUT YOUR ERA IS THE REASON THE BAY IS STAGNANT. TRUST ME, I'VE HEARD ALOT OF THE SHIT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE NEXT SHIT, AND IT'S FAR FROM THE NEXT SHIT. TAKE THAT WIT A GRAIN OF SALT PLAYBOY. YOUR ERA HAS NO TRUE DIRECTION. YALL CATS LACK THE MAIN INGREDIENT THAT MY ERA HAD. I WON'T TELL YOU WHAT THAT IS, BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ALREADY, IT'S UP TO YOU TO FIND OUT. CATS FROM MY ERA DIDN'T COMPLAIN AS MUCH AS THIS ERA. WE WENT AND MADE A NAME FOR OUR SELVES BLOCK TO BLOCK. YALL CATS WANT IT EASY. YOU THINK BECAUSE YOU OWN A TRITON AND A BLUE BERRY MIC YOU A SKILLED RAPPER AND PRODUCER. MAN DON'T YOU KNOW CATS LIKE SEAN T, MIKE MOSELEY, MY SELF, WE HAD TO LEARN FROM THE BOTTOM UP. WE GOT ALOT OF OUR TRICKS FROM WORKING WITH SKILLED PRODUCERS BEFORE US AND SKILLED ENGINEERS IN REAL STUDIOS THAT COST OVER 6 FIGURES. FUCK A TRITION WORK STATION. TO ME THAT SHIT SHOULD BE BANNED FOR FOOLIN A BUNCH OF DON'T KNOWS INTO BELIEVIN THEY NOW HAVE THE MAGIC TOUCH.. I COULD GO ON, BUT HOPEFULLY THIS WILL SPARK ENOUGH CONVO FOR THE MINUTE... I COULD GO ON ABOUT RADIO AND MEDIA SUPPORT BUT THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN GONE OVER PLENTY OF TIMES. YOU KNOW HOW THEY SAY IN SPORTS THE DRAFT WILL BE WEAK THIS YEAR, WELL.......
I NEVER MENTIONED 40 AS ONE OF THE OLD TIMERS THAT ARE WASHED UP.....I'M TALKIN BOUT THESE DUDES OUT THERE THAT KEEP RELEASING BULLSHIT CDS IN THEIR 30'S THAT WILL NEVER GET ANY KIND OF AIRPLAY BECAUSE THEIR MUSIC IS GARBAGE OR JUST LACKS MASS APPEAL......40 ISN'T ONE OF THESE GUYS...A LOT OF WEST COAST RAPPERS IDOLIZED ON THIS SITE ARE THOUGH.......JUST THE FACTS.

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
EPA NIGGAS DON'T LIKE FRISCO NIGGAS.... WHAT!!! MAN YOU GOT IT TWISTED... TOTALLY INSANE/RBL COLLABS ARE CLASSICAL. SEAN T PRODUCED MESSY MARV, GUCE, TAY DA TAY, MR. SANDMAN, GAMBLAZ AND JT'S RECENT SHIT . I GOT D-MOE AND THE GAMBLAZ ON MY NEW SHIT.

TO ME EPA AND FRISCO HAVE SOME OF THE MOST DEADLIEST COLLABORATIONS..

I'LL ALWAYS RESPECT FRISCO NIGGAS LIKE COUGNUT (R.I.P.) CAUSE WE STARTED TO BUBBLE MUSICALLY AT THE SAME EXACT TIME, AND THEY ARTISTS ALWAYS SHOWED LOVE TO EPA NIGGAS IN RETURN. AS FAR AS PARTIES GO, OUT OF TOWNERS IN ANY CITY BETTER WATCH THEY BACK FOR NIGGAS LOOKIN TO START SHIT... STAY STRAPPED AND NEVER BE THE LAST NIGGA TO LEAVE A PARTY. A LIL GAME FOR YALL.

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
@ TRAGIC

TRAGIC, THAT STATEMENT YOU JUST MADE GOES FOR ANYBODY REGARDLESS OF AGE AND HOW LONG YOU BEEN IN THE GAME. I WAS USIN 40 AS A EXAMPLE, BUT MAYBE YOU COULD NAME NAMES ON THE OL TIUMERS YOU SPEAKIN ON... IF YOUR SHIT IS WEAK AND YOU A OL TIMER, THEN WASH IT UP. IF YOUR SHIT IS WEAK AND YOU A NEW TIMER, GIT A DAY JOB AND THEN WASH IT UP.

Apr 25, 2002
My only point is that every other genre of music has had a passing of the torch. Rock, Pop, Disco, all of it had vetrans who quit the game. For example, most artists in Rock music make 5 or 6 albums and then they loose interest or feel like they loose artistic talent. Then they go out and scout other bands and bring up new features.

The same is true with the East Coast cats. Fabolous, Camron, The Diplomats werent around back in the day. Neither was the Clipse or Wu-Tang Bee's, Kill Army etc. The only bay area rapper that I see doin that is Quinn with Fully Loaded, Willie Henn and the Riddla. He built up a pretty good camp. Why arent other rappers trying to build camps like that?

Apr 25, 2002
yeah, Mac, i didn't mean on a personal level
but when we go to parties out there, it's usually gets a lil hifey...luckily we have deep ties in East Palo Alto and Menlo, so nothing ever escalated to far...but you know how it is, people ask you where you from then say fuck yo city or somethin'
and yes EPA and SF have made the best collabs ever in rap music in my opinion...and some of my closest friends in life are from the town....shit i lost my virginity to a EPA chick HAHAHAHA....

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
POP IS CORPORATE PUPPET MUSIC. THE ARTIST DON'T WANT TO END THEIR CAREERS, THEY GET FORCED OUT WHEN THELABELSARE DONE WITH THEM. THE ROLLING STONES STILL OUT SELL NEW ARTIST. SHOULD THEY QUIT? I SEE MORE OLD ROCKERS NOW A DAYS THEN ANYTHING. DONE DEAL GOT A GOOD CAMP, BUT THEY GOT A GUY WITH A GOOD HEAD ON HIS SHOULDERS RUNNING THE BOAT. A CAMP IS HARD TO MAINTAIN NOW A DAYS CAUSE ALOT OF THE YOUNGER CATS DON'T WANT TO PAY DUES AND THE OLDER CATS ARE TIRED ORF PAYING DUES. AND WHY THE FUCK SHOULD OLDER CATS STOP RAPPIN WHEN THEIR EXPERIENCES ARE MORE BELIEVABLE. THE GAME NEEDS TO WEED OUT THE BULLSHIT YOUNG AND OLD. THE SNAKES AT EVERY LEVEL OF THE GAME NEED TO GET CHOPPED.

May 2, 2002
www.westsiderap.com
All these "tight" artists out there need to form a unity of some sort. Not every artist in this generation is garbage. Why isn't there any oldtimer rappers out there that are pickin up some of these young tight cats and helpin them... guidin them... showin them the path... NETWORKIN. No one's helpin anyone it seems and look where that's gotten everyone: NOWHERE!! Barely anyone's makin money (and to survive ya gotta make money), everyone's complainin bout it, and half the folx are sayin that the Bay has no future. Well, there's tight artists out there tryna make a future but there not gettin any support.

Later!!

Status
Not open for further replies.