11-5 a-1 yola og press?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2002
no hard feelings jaybiz. you're cool folks, so don't take it personal. actually, when you posted this i tried searching the archives to find the thread about this along with the 11/5 fiendin 4 tha funk and etc to help with your question. i remember we had another thread over the rbl posse early albums and e-40's the mailman. you yourself posted something about dru down's fools from the streets. nothing wrong with that at all, that's what this forum is all about. even though you joined in 2010, that doesn't mean anything at all. some people can join even last week and they probably know as much as we do. please by all means do not be offended, we're all here to help each other.

Jan 6, 2003
I've got the left/second version of a-1 yola and if I didn't participate in the discussion the last time we went through it I wouldn't have even thought about a second press. The second press is completely identical to the other version except the disc print. the inserts are crisp, sharp and clean and even the questionnaire part of the fold out is intact. If I was to do this on my own then the only clues to find out which one was first would be to see how the ring codes look. but even back then there are several different ring code types used by MMD. In 95, for fiendin silver disc and UDI they had the ring code where the different parts of the ring code were separated by "blocks/squares". In 97 with Raven in my eyes they had regular ring codes, no squares in between. Now for the second press of a-1 yola the ring code also has DDR and such but the letters/digits have a more generic type of font, not like a DIDX font which you can spot in a second.

But when was this 2nd released?I'd never thing that this one was from 2003/4 since the last ordinary release from DDR came around 2000. Didn't the next pressing come out around 2004-5 -the one with a different cover art and disc?

Jan 6, 2003
For the record, I like that these type of threads come back every now and then. in between now and the last time it was discussed somebody could have come up with some new info. with all due respect to the ones on this board who are tired of discussing this over and over again, during the years we've seen so many times that the established truth about many releases have been changed because somebody suddenly have found an alternative or earlier version of a CD. We also have more knowledge on ring codes and such details than only a year ago.
The search function on this board is a bitch anyway. It's almost impossible to find any old thread without hitting 300 pages of other threads LOL.

May 1, 2002
your right on that flowjob, 03-04 was for the most recent release of this album. if i can recall, the back insert was different from the 1st 2 versions and also the CD itself. haven't owned that version for a very long time so if anyone has it please post it up for our reference here.

May 27, 2006
which of these dogday versions is the og press ?
i bought the left in 2005. a homie who had it since releasedate told me his looks different and sent me pictures of the right one.
you can be absolutely sure the right is the og. also like layziemarv said the rerelease must be from around 2004 because before 2005 the cd wasnt around as often as when the left version popped up.

Apr 26, 2010
I have to think the left one was released before 2004 just due to the fact that the dogday logo is still on there and I am pretty sure dogday records went oob in 2000. To og 9 balla, just because I started posting on the siccness board in 2010 does not mean that I started listening to rap in 2010. I have sent rap music guide some info on stuff he had listed on his site as og that was not so do not discount anything I am saying because of my date of signing up. I was not saying layzie marv was wrong, I am only trying to get as much info as possible. I play devils advocate so I can get as much knowledge as I can. To me they look identical anf if the one on the right is og that is cool by me since I have them both. I just have a hard time believing the left version came out in 03-04 because of the dogday records logo being present on the disc and the back cover. It probabably was rereleased within 12 months of the right version. Fiendin 4 the funk has 3 different presses that all came out within 18 months of eachother and people still debate which one is og. Layzie I was not trying to be disrespectful by questioning your answer, rather I was just trying to gather more knowledge on these discs. I appreciate all that respnded on this.

Apr 26, 2010
I have to think the left one was released before 2004 just due to the fact that the dogday logo is still on there and I am pretty sure dogday records went oob in 2000. To og 9 balla, just because I started posting on the siccness board in 2010 does not mean that I started listening to rap in 2010. I have sent rap music guide some info on stuff he had listed on his site as og that was not so do not discount anything I am saying because of my date of signing up. I was not saying layzie marv was wrong, I am only trying to get as much info as possible. I play devils advocate so I can get as much knowledge as I can. To me they look identical anf if the one on the right is og that is cool by me since I have them both. I just have a hard time believing the left version came out in 03-04 because of the dogday records logo being present on the disc and the back cover. It probabably was rereleased within 12 months of the right version. Fiendin 4 the funk has 3 different presses that all came out within 18 months of eachother and people still debate which one is og. Layzie I was not trying to be disrespectful by questioning your answer, rather I was just trying to gather more knowledge on these discs. I appreciate all that respnded on this.

Feb 12, 2012
@ jaybiz8
I have been talking to Taydatay today on Facebook and although I was sure that the right version was the original one but I decided to show him your photo with both versions and asked him what is the original one. This is what he answered: "Coke is Good! lol That's da Original!". I hope this is self-explanatory what is the original one as per one of the group's members.

Jan 27, 2006
your right on that flowjob, 03-04 was for the most recent release of this album. if i can recall, the back insert was different from the 1st 2 versions and also the CD itself. haven't owned that version for a very long time so if anyone has it please post it up for our reference here.
I bought this a couple years ago not knowing it was a repress until it arrived. The bar code on the back has another bar code layered on top of it and there is no record label accreditation.

Apr 26, 2010
@ jaybiz8
I have been talking to Taydatay today on Facebook and although I was sure that the right version was the original one but I decided to show him your photo with both versions and asked him what is the original one. This is what he answered: "Coke is Good! lol That's da Original!". I hope this is self-explanatory what is the original one as per one of the group's members.

the left one looks more like coke then the right one, but the right one has the coke saying, so is he saying the right is og?

Feb 12, 2012
The right one one has the coke saying (like "Always Coca Cola") and Tay confirmed that the right CD pictured is the original one...