11-5 a-1 yola og press?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2010
they both say eleven five on the front spine and they both say dogday records on the back , so are you sure the one on the left is a re issue?

Apr 26, 2010
if you go on rap music guide the repress is black, the two versions I hvae pictured look identicle except for the discs look a tad different , and only the one on the left says 1996 on the actual disc.

May 1, 2002
there's 3 versions. the one on the right is the og, left is 2nd re-release, 3rd is the most recent reissue. trust me homie, been around long enough to know which is which.

Apr 26, 2010
then you are wrong my friend the one you are calling a 2nd press says 1996 on it and is the only version that says 1996 on it , they both look exactly the same as the one you pictured. So how are you sure the one on the left is not the 1st press rather then the 2nd press. If you want I will post multiple pictures tonight , both the versions that I pictured the artwork inside covers and back cover are identicle. The discs look different and the only one with an actual date on it is the one on the left.

Feb 12, 2012
then you are wrong my friend the one you are calling a 2nd press says 1996 on it and is the only version that says 1996 on it , they both look exactly the same as the one you pictured. So how are you sure the one on the left is not the 1st press rather then the 2nd press. If you want I will post multiple pictures tonight , both the versions that I pictured the artwork inside covers and back cover are identicle. The discs look different and the only one with an actual date on it is the one on the left.
layziemarv is correct - the one on the right is og, and the left one is re-press. and it doesn't mean that if they put the original release date on CD as 1996 that this version really came out in 1996. The Ring Code for the OG press is 2371-1-1 ALLIED DT DDR3200-2.

Jan 6, 2003
layziemarv is correct - the one on the right is og, and the left one is re-press. and it doesn't mean that if they put the original release date on CD as 1996 that this version really came out in 1996. The Ring Code for the OG press is 2371-1-1 ALLIED DT DDR3200-2.

that's how the generic ring codes on Dogday were at that time so i have no problems with that, haha. just compare with UDI's debut. I have the 2nd press at home. gotta check the ring code on that

Apr 26, 2010
both the ring codes almost look identicle as well , I will post both of the ring codes later but what makes you say the left is the 2nd press? I remember at one point everyone thought the silver version of 11/5 was the og then the white one, then the black one , I have no problem with the right or the left being the og , but I have heard no reasoning why one is the og and the other is not. I know on nearly all represses when they put the date on them it will say something like 1996/2004 , the black one is the one that came out in 2003 for A-1 yola.

Apr 26, 2010
its definetly not a 2003 or 2004 press , the ring codes look identicle except a few digits are different, all the artwork and covers are identicle to a tee. I know dogday records either went oob or closed down before 2004, that is why all the 11/5 repress do not say dog day records on them but only have the ddr3200 catalog number. I personally know I have had the right version several times and this is the first time I have personally found the left version which is leading me to believe that it is the original press.

May 1, 2002
that's what i'm sayin. this new siccness format sucks. some of the archives are a bitch to find.

jaybiz, the reason why you posted is you wanted to fine out which is which right? folks that's been in the game for a minute are telling you from our experiences/knowledge which is which, but for some reason you're insisting that you're not getting your answer. you have both presses, enjoy them in your possession. if you're planning to flip them, make sure you list them with the right info. some folks on ebay are just as knowledgeable as us here.

May 1, 2002
both the ring codes almost look identicle as well , I will post both of the ring codes later but what makes you say the left is the 2nd press? I remember at one point everyone thought the silver version of 11/5 was the og then the white one, then the black one , I have no problem with the right or the left being the og , but I have heard no reasoning why one is the og and the other is not. I know on nearly all represses when they put the date on them it will say something like 1996/2004 , the black one is the one that came out in 2003 for A-1 yola.
your referring to 11/5 - fiendin 4 tha funk. i can tell you which is which but i'd rather have you do a search homie if you can with this new siccness update.