100s aka KossiKo Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 14, 2011
i've seen him specifically associated with kreayshawn, roach gigz and 100s. i think lil b and young l are kinda on their own shit (separate from each other even), but imo all those young bugged out artists are cut from the same cloth.

it's unfortunate the streets don't support, but in the end i don't think it matters too much those are the type of artists that find an audience anyways somewhere else.
Come on, Sir... Lil B is a joke and he'll never take off musically.. he could have at one point 3-4 years ago before he went into full on troll mode...

Kreayshawn is a joke too but she also could have blown up if she'd separated herself from her "controversial" sidekick much much sooner when she had a buzz going...

Iamsu, Sage, HBK, etc.. these guys will end up at the very most on some YG level of success.. hit singles but can't sell albums...

Who are the rappers from the bay that are the equivalent of guys like... Kendrick and ScHoolboy Q? The guys who can do more than club/radio songs and sell records?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
'taking off musically' doesn't even matter at this point. everyone that's not a fucking idiot realizes how ridiculously the odds are stacked against them when it comes to 'taking off musically.' people don't 'take off musically' any more.

the most 99.9% of anyone in this shit can hope to do is make an impact on popular culture at large. which it'd be foolish to say lil b, young l and kreayshawn haven't in their own way. you're also on some bullshit trying to pin my argument down into some shit where i was trying to say any one in that crop of artists was a 'bay area equivalent of kendrick lamar,' i never said anything like that.

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
i did say 3 things though

1) most of the artists i mentioned have found audiences outside what is traditionally considered markets bay artists do well in

2) the bay artists most people do support and consider 'bay area rap' won't ever have to opportunity to do that

3) of the artists i mentioned, with or without the support of the average bay area rap fan, they'll continue functioning in their own lane regardless

those things aren't really arguable. they're pretty clear, cogent points

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Come on, Sir... Lil B is a joke and he'll never take off musically.. he could have at one point 3-4 years ago before he went into full on troll mode...

Kreayshawn is a joke too but she also could have blown up if she'd separated herself from her "controversial" sidekick much much sooner when she had a buzz going...

Iamsu, Sage, HBK, etc.. these guys will end up at the very most on some YG level of success.. hit singles but can't sell albums...

Who are the rappers from the bay that are the equivalent of guys like... Kendrick and ScHoolboy Q? The guys who can do more than club/radio songs and sell records?
be quiet, bullit_tooth