¡Mayday! ft. Tech N9ne “Badlands”

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm beginning to reach the point where I don't understand any verse Tech creates. His metaphors and the use of alternate words to describe other things is highly allusionary and his quick delivery is drowning Amy understanding I could potentially have for his lyrics.

Artistic evolution or not, the shit is hard to listen to when you're five words behind what he's currently saying.

This song wasn't very good to me from the first listen, but overall I like them, so I'm sure it won't be so hard to listen to later on.

Jul 3, 2008
I'm beginning to reach the point where I don't understand any verse Tech creates. His metaphors and the use of alternate words to describe other things is highly allusionary and his quick delivery is drowning Amy understanding I could potentially have for his lyrics.

Artistic evolution or not, the shit is hard to listen to when you're five words behind what he's currently saying.

This song wasn't very good to me from the first listen, but overall I like them, so I'm sure it won't be so hard to listen to later on.
i know what you mean...half the time i dont listen to the lyrics now a days jus the flow and melodies...like when i listen to gucci mane or brotha lynch...dont think bout what they sayn jus how they say it.

u gotta sit there and focus to know what tech sayn now a days lol

Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
Song was incredible. I don't see how you can say that about Tech and his lyrics. His metaphors and multis are spot on and his flow is getting better with each song. I guess to each his own but I have no problem deciphering his music. Not to mention I've been listening to him for long, so I guess it comes easier to me.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Song was incredible. I don't see how you can say that about Tech and his lyrics. His metaphors and multis are spot on and his flow is getting better with each song. I guess to each his own but I have no problem deciphering his music. Not to mention I've been listening to him for long, so I guess it comes easier to me.
It's not that it isn't good, but c'mon man, that shit is gibberish to the untrained ear.

flick it rip it wickit ticket sick shit rip tits

Then he goes talking about any number of sexual positions and uses these descriptor words unfamiliar to everyone but Tech himself.

Yeah, it must be because you've listened to him for so long.

I've been listening since '98 and it's getting harder, not easier.

This opinion difference is high in what the definition of "better" is.

I don't see chopping up your lyrics into smaller increments as getting "better". I see it as filling more bar space with more words, and not so much content.

IDK, it's not just this song. This has culminated for a while now, and anymore, I'm respecting a lot of his slower lyrics in his music and look forward to hearing his messages again.

It also could be that I prefer the struggle and less so much the bubble. Bubbling is fun to everyone to an extent, then it settles. It's where the artist takes it that keeps the fans coming back. This isn't necessarily driving me away as much as it is changing my focus.

Dec 14, 2005

http://blog.therealtechn9ne.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/TechN9neBadlands.jpg