The Oakland Raiders have announced that they will be staying in Oakland for one more year. The speculation that the Raiders were relocation after the season was over was killed when owner Mark Davis told the press that he is going to extend his contract with the O.co Coliseum.
As reported by the NFL webpage on Sunday, Davis told the press that the Raiders are focusing their energy in trying to stay in Oakland. Team sources also said that the Raiders are going to announce a one-year extension on their lease with the O.co Coliseum that the Silver and Black share with baseball professional team the Oakland A’s. The announcement has not been made yet, but, according to the NFL website, it is going to happen soon.
Also, last week, word got around that the NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that Los Angeles was not going to be a relocation for no team. The Oakland Raiders, of course, were one of the three teams to be rumour to possibly relocate to Los Angeles in 2015.
The other two teams said to be coming to Los Angeles are the San Diego Chargers and the St. Louis Rams. However, the Chargers announced a week ago that they are staying in San Diego for the 2015 season. No words has been heard about the Rams, but it is speculated that they will not be moving to LA real soon since no stadium plans are in session yet.
So, the Oakland Raiders will remain in Oakland for the 2015 season. Another year of sharing a stadium with a baseball team, and another year playing over a baseball diamond. The relocation rumors will continue at the end of the 2015 season.