Is Ice Cube from South Central or Compton?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaSlimReaper

Legitimate question to my L.A niggas, where is this nigga from? He was bangin Compton when he was with NWA, and that's where I always thought he was from. But I'm listening to his new album and that nigga is claiming South Central. WTF? Did he turf hop? Help me understand..

Jan 23, 2006
WHAT SONG ON NWA DID HE SAY HE WAS FROM COMPTON? WHEN HE SAYS WESTSIDE I THOUGHT HE MEANT WEST COAST - CALI?TOO U TWO CATS GET U SUM OLD ICE CUBE AND LISTEN U WILL HEAR SOUTH CENTRAL IN SEVERAL SONGS! GO WATCH A DOCUMENTARY OR SAMTHIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 20, 2005
BIG FRIZZLE 36 said:
WHAT SONG ON NWA DID HE SAY HE WAS FROM COMPTON? WHEN HE SAYS WESTSIDE I THOUGHT HE MEANT WEST COAST - CALI?TOO U TWO CATS GET U SUM OLD ICE CUBE AND LISTEN U WILL HEAR SOUTH CENTRAL IN SEVERAL SONGS! GO WATCH A DOCUMENTARY OR SAMTHIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"str8 outta compton/a crazy muthafucka named ice cube"

D

DaSlimReaper

^Exactly, that's the first song that came to mind when I created this thread. I should of gave a few examples first, but this one is perfect.

May 9, 2002
BIG FRIZZLE 36 said:
No offense...but are you an idiot?Have you ever heard the song "Straight Outta Compton"?THe very first verse is..

8FIVE8 said:
"str8 outta compton/a crazy muthafucka named ice cube"

Feb 25, 2005
cube is from south central !!!!!!!!!!!!! he was claimin compton cus of eazy.
READ the last interview with eazy. @ http://www.thuglifearmy.com/news/?id=9
_______>

-Which N.W.A. tracks are you talking about in particular?

eazy:
Findum, ****em and Flee," "She Swallowed It"…me and Ren did a lot of stuff. "Approach to Danger"… a lot of them. I can't remember all of them. A lot of stuff, you could tell if you knew Dre [and] his style. He was in N.W.A., but Dre came from the Wrecking Crew, but I got him to do this other type of music I wanted to do, the gangsta @#%$, and I got Dre away from what he was doing. Ice Cube was from C.I.A. and the Stereo Crew, and if you knew their style, they were like the Beastie Boys. I put' em together, and we formed N.W.A., and they changed their style. And they started hollering Compton because that's where we were from: me, Ren, and yella

-You want me to put this in here?

eazy:
Yeah. Whether I had some fake people with me or not. But when Ice Cube split, he never hollered Compton no more. He started hollering "How to survive in South Central." You haven't heard him holler Compton no more. If you look back in the people's pasts and check their style, you'll where they really came from. Go back to their past and see what they were doing in the beginning. Dre, if you listen to his style of music from N.W.A. to now, it's totally different. Dre stole that style [G-funk] from Cold 187um, Rhythm D and a couple of other people he stole from. Dre stole stuff from that, Above The Law's, Black Mafia Life's "Never Missing a Beat." [He coughs twice, then three times] They're good songs.

Feb 26, 2003
WHEN CUBE WAS WITH NWA, HE KEPT YELLIN' COMPTON, THEN WHEN HE LEFT NWA, HE MADE THAT SONG " HOW TO SURVIVE IN SOUTH CENTRAL". OFF THE BOYZ-N-DA-HOOD SOUNDTRACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.