Your Thoughts on this...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
1- Retirement is a relatively new sociological concept, it's far from a given

2- If you are dumb enough to rely on social security to take care of yourself, that is no one's fault but your own.

Oh, trust me your right IMO. I simply stated that due to also working as a caregiver & have seen many cases.

My whole point to all that was in answer to the hitler like attitude of feeling he has a right to cast judgment on people. And decide if they should die.

Oct 2, 2006
i applied for food stamps last week, does that make me homeless leeching scum?

real talk, what you said is your opinion, and your allowed to have it, but are you fuckin kidding me? so you think i should be eradicated cuz i need help buying sumthing essential like FOOD?
Computers and the internet are not essential items... are you posting from a library computer?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
and what about the all the people who havent worked for shit but just got everything they've ever wanted and more??? they're better people because they have money, cars, etc. just handed to them? thats sick. and not in a good way.

May 27, 2009
Houses are getting foreclosed all the time. The cost of living keeps going up while wages are staying the same.

It's easy to talk shit when you've got a roof over your head, but the reality is you could be one car accident, or one hospital visit away from loosing all your shit.

There's plenty of hard working, intelligent people on the streets (or in hotels, sleeping in their cars, etc) because one or two unlucky things happened to them. Nothing in this life is guaranteed.

I slept in my truck for a few months. It's hard to put down a deposit and first/last month's rent when you're making $8/hour.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
Computers and the internet are not essential items... are you posting from a library computer?
no im posting from a computer that i built 8 years ago with my own money when i was able to work so fuck you once

and no im connected to the houses network, i didnt realize that food stamps where you live pay your rent and electricity bills aswell as food, fuckin amazing, can i move in wit you?...fuck you twice

what i said went way over your head shorty...sit this one aside since u dont know me or what i do wit mine =]

Da Gu

Sicc OG
Apr 10, 2006
Glad to see that this thread started a good convo.

All yall got some valid points(well MOST of yall ha) but like it was stated, sometimes life hands you a shitty ass hand unexpectedly that could derail your every day life.

The only reason i say this is because this homeless vato i met is well mannered, humble and you can tell he's educated. NOW, lets say he tried to apply somewhere and get a job... In today's America, how many managers/store owners would give the smelly guy wit the same clothes everyday, a chance?

True, from the business POV it makes sense to not want to hire him even if he is qualified cuz you couldn't be guaranteed that he would show up showered or in uniform, etc.

Just something to think about.

Jun 6, 2004
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
It seems to me that m butcher has obviously never lived life outside of the protective coating of his mothers womb. There are many reasons that people end up homeless or on some form of welfare. Lately their has been rich ass folks that are laid off from lucrative jobs and have tons of debt, high mortgage rates, a bunch of kids, and possibly even parents to take care of. Now this family can either lose everything and rot in the streets or they can survive on welfare and foodstamps until a new job is found and they can return to being a contributing part of society. It can happen to anyone!
SAY ALL THAT AGAIN CUZ I THINK THEY MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME....

Aug 24, 2003
yeah whatever what do you want me to say? I grew up in south park seattle with a five person family with a total of $35,000 yearly income, do the math. I had a couple salvation army christmas's, got food from the food bank. Guess what, I also volunteered there and helped out. People need to grow the fuck up and provide for themselves. This nation is diseased with the malformed notion that the state is the womb set up to nurture and protect the people; it's not.
I apologize for my other ignorant post, it was senseless and might not had it. Armen you're a good dude, these are rough times; if you think you need food stamps to make it then that's what they are there for and there's nothing wrong with getting them. If you're just getting them to save yourself some money on food so you can spend it on other stuff then you're an asshole.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
what about EBT and people purchasing cigs and booze with it??? Wait thats like 65% of siccness. The rest of the siccness is gonna think EBT is a blowjob from ET. Which they would also gladly except.

Feb 14, 2009
Some of this shit is hella true and hella funny @ the same time. I work in SF and there is hella fools begging and shaking cups @ me. I work @ jobs to barely make ends meet and support my Daughter. So I can see both sides of this arguement and I'll shoot them cats a cig or a old Bart card. But to truly be rightous(sp) you must me man enough to extend a hellping hand to those behind you, so hopefully those ahead of you will reach bacc to pull you forward. the whole point of my rant...pay it forward.