Who Are The Most Overrated Rappers To Ever Pick Up The Mic(Regardless of Region)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 30, 2004
smallski61916 said:
The most overrated rappers so far are:

Snoop Dogg
2-Pac
Biggie
50 Cent
G-Unit
Game
T.I.
Ludacris
Dr. Dre
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Dipset
Juelz Santana
Wu-Tang
Method Man
Lil Jon
Outkast
Black-Eyed Peas
Daddy Yankee
Mike Jones
Paul Wall
Chamillionaire
Three 6 Mafia
Bone Thugs N Harmony
Akon
Nas
Pitbull
Missy Elliott
Lil Kim
Busta Rhymes
Pharrell
Vanilla Ice
K-Fed
Wow! I wonder what tha hell people are listenin to these dayz then.

Apr 26, 2002
wait, i'm confused. are we sayin overrated, or are we sayin hated on? muss be a some young buccs on here sayin that rakim is overrated. have u heard rap BEFORE rakim? it was all kindergarden shit. rakim came and brought good vocabulary, complex rhyme patterns to tha game. kool g rap mighta been HARDER, but as a LYRICIST, he was NOT fuccin wit rakim. but anyways, this is all based on opinion, so i've learned not to fight opinions on the internet, but damn, RAKIM?

but yeah, i also wonder who most of yalls FAVORITE rappers are that dissed pac, biggie, ti, eminem. fold.

Apr 26, 2002
nob0die said:
my list of course would include:
Tupac
Biggie
Jayz

people i feel dont get enough props:

Chamillionaire

whoa!!!!! u put chamillionaire before pac biggie and jay-z? or are u jus sayin he doesn't get enough props? fold.

Jul 30, 2003
Jay-Z (to much crack rap)
Young Jeezy (i don't know what the hype is)
Pharelle (do i really have to explain myself?)
50 Cent (dude is wack)

Feb 24, 2006
jay z, on the sohh.com boards motherfuckers talk like hes the god of rap and imo hes not even tite haha.on tv they had him as the best ever over pac it was on vh1 or mtv i dont remember that shit had me weak.

Aug 22, 2006
<<<<rakim came and brought good vocabulary, complex rhyme patterns to tha game. kool g rap mighta been HARDER, but as a LYRICIST, he was NOT fuccin wit rakim. but anyways, this is all based on opinion, so i've learned not to fight opinions on the internet, but damn, RAKIM? >>>

look. no disrespect to rakim, i think hes an all time great. i just think people are too quick to call him the greatest when his body of work doesnt exemplify that, IMO. But all those Eric B and Rakim cd's were off the chain, but his solo projects afterwards left alot to be desired. longevity is a part of greatness and rakim stopped making real tight music when he was still fairly young. But he was way ahead of his time lyrically, no question. BUT, he did make the teenage mutant ninja turtle theme song, he lost a couple stripes there, LOL!!!! young bucks wont remember that, lol!!!

Jan 28, 2005
Bottom Line: 50 cent is the MOST OVER RATED RAPPER IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME

G-Unit are ALL over rated

even though I dont like somebody dont mean Im gonna try and say they dont have talent. I like a couple of old boys songs... But every single teenager in the US rides that guys dick, buys his clothes water and video games, cops his albums, wears a cocked hat and all of a sudden thinks theyre the hardest motherfuckers on the streets. I grew up rough, but I dont walk around telling the entire god damned world and act like a fuckin fool because of it.

50 is good marketing... but in a sense, the content of his music kinda puts kids on the wrong track. 50 cent is a multi millionaire. he will pay 30 different motherfuckers to kill somebody before he picks up a gun. HE DOESNT SELL DRUGS AT ALL, he gets mad paid off of records and clothes and endorsements. he doesnt need it. but every song he drops is like "I shoot a nigga when I wake up after I eat my eggs every morning/ then i fuck his crackhead girlfriend while she still in mourning/i flash 5 guns to police just as a warning/then I sell crack rocks all day until the shit get boring"

can ya'll dig what im trying to say?

Aug 22, 2006
Lupe Fiasco.

I haven't heard alot from dude, but his style and delivery is so trash that i cant understand the hype. Just cuz your deep doesnt mean you can spit.

Aug 22, 2006
JR Writer. still dont understand the hype. He's just a Cam'ron clone.
actually the whole dipset click is overrated. Juelz, you've gotta be kidding me.

Papoose is overrated as well.

Aug 22, 2006
cams coo, i wasnt really referring to him. he isnt considered a top rapper anyway. he might be underrated. my problem with jr is that his style is too similar to cam's and cats will say he's better than cam, he sounds like a clone ot me. the rest of dipset is wack.

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
g_fonz said:
Honest question, they dont necessarily have to suck, but who are the most overhyped artists in history.

Here's mine:
1. Notorious BIG- one classic album(Ready To Die) and one so-so does not make the blueprint for a legend. This cat has NO material. Less than 30-35 recorded tracks that everyone can hear.

Honestly, I never saw the infatuation with Biggie. I wont knock him for not having 10 albums worth of music a la Tupac, but I never really got into him.

Jay-Z would be in my top 5 too. I like him, but I dont understand why people think he is the greeatest. Not to shit on anyone's opinion though. Some people just like different music.

Eminem would also make my top 5. Like Jay-Z, I like him too, but he is overrated.

There are some I dont agree with. I dont see how anyone can include Eazy-E in their most overrated. He put "gangsta rap" on the map with NWA and opened a lot of doors for other artists. But on the mic, I dont think anyone saw him as a "lyricists". He was more of a getting bitches, smoking weed, gangsta (and later dissisng) rapper. For example, Boyz n Tha Hood is great song, but it is probably the most basic song I have heard (I am sure there is more basic, but I dont listen to the radio ro watch MTV and the like at all). There was really no meat to it and him basically telling a story.

Feb 13, 2006
RB20 said:
There are some I dont agree with. I dont see how anyone can include Eazy-E in their most overrated. He put "gangsta rap" on the map with NWA and opened a lot of doors for other artists. But on the mic, I dont think anyone saw him as a "lyricists". He was more of a getting bitches, smoking weed, gangsta (and later dissisng) rapper. For example, Boyz n Tha Hood is great song, but it is probably the most basic song I have heard (I am sure there is more basic, but I dont listen to the radio ro watch MTV and the like at all). There was really no meat to it and him basically telling a story.
true that... i guess it might be cause i've had discussions with folks trying to argue with me that he was a poet... poets usually dont use ghostwriters. i agree that he did help put gangsta rap on the map, but it was more so due to his status as a head of a label than his own music. dont get me wrong, i love his music... but if one were to really listen to what he says, simplicity would be an understatement to describe his lyrics. he is a legend, no doubt.

Feb 17, 2006
Anyone who says Rakim is overrated is insane, every rapper references him and alludes to him. He is the father of the modern flow. I think a few guys are better than him, but all the credit given to him is deserved.