Who Are The Most Overrated Rappers To Ever Pick Up The Mic(Regardless of Region)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 22, 2006
Honest question, they dont necessarily have to suck, but who are the most overhyped artists in history.

Here's mine:
1. Notorious BIG- one classic album(Ready To Die) and one so-so does not make the blueprint for a legend. This cat has NO material. Less than 30-35 recorded tracks that everyone can hear.

2. Lil Wayne- the cat is damn near trash to me. Never understood when alotta youngsters these days started ridin his dick. Worst off, he's just a Jay-Z biter.

3. TI- i've seen lists from accredited websites that list him as a top 20 rapper or so. HOGWASH!!!!!!!! This cat is wack. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

4. Method Man- ol boy has made some of the whackest cd's ive ever heard and is considered a legend. funny thing is, i think he's talented, it just hasn't translated into good music.

5. Rakim- The world pronounced KING. Not that he wasnt legendary, but he is anointed the greatest far too often. Personally, I always though Kool G. Rap was way harder than him and hell KRS-One has written songs for Rakim. With that alone, he cant be the GREATEST.

6. Any female rapper(sans Lauryn Hill-not better than the cats im talkin about, but pretty good) that they continually put on all time great lists while leaving off cats like E-40, Talib Kweli, Ras kass, Mos Def, etc. you have to be fuckin kidding me. Missy Elliot has been listed on just about every all-time greatest hip hop list ive seen on tv. Funny, i didnt know she was a rapper at all.

well theres the short list, i could add 50 more, but those take the cake.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I'm gonna get hated on for this one for sure, but I'm goin with Mac Dre (R.I.P.) I got 6 a his albums, the ones that were gettin jocked the most on here, but I really wasn't feeling any of them all that much, and I really wanted to. I'm not sayin he wasn't good, just not what ya'll make him out to be IMO.

Mar 30, 2006
Kanye West - Starts bitching when he doesn't win an award and has the nerve to say he should be apart of the bible.

Jay-Z - People idolize the fuck out of him when his lyrics aren't even good. Makes himself seem like he's the only one that's ever written lyrics without a pen or a pad.

Aug 22, 2006
#4: Young Geezy, he can't rap worth shit but dose have some clean songs.

this nigga really sounds like hes sittin on the toilet takin a shit while hes spittin. easily oneof the worst rappers ever. hes cool as a person though. ive seen some interviews, hes a real cool, down to earth, smart cat.

Aug 6, 2006
satherp5 said:
I'm gonna get hated on for this one for sure, but I'm goin with Mac Dre (R.I.P.) I got 6 a his albums, the ones that were gettin jocked the most on here, but I really wasn't feeling any of them all that much, and I really wanted to. I'm not sayin he wasn't good, just not what ya'll make him out to be IMO.
I agree, Mac Dre wasn't all that, I'm sorry..

Apr 25, 2002
yall with people like T.I....Biggie..2Pac...on yur list..are out yur mind...Method man..Rakim..lol...come on all these cats are legends..TI is a legend in the making...

overrated rappers IMO...well round these parts..Turf Talk...Keak....(not that i dont bump some of there music..but they really aint sayin too much IMO)

on a bigger scale...Young Geezy for sure...Young Joc...JAY-Z

Aug 22, 2006
"yall with people like T.I....Biggie..2Pac...on yur list..are out yur mind...Method man..Rakim..lol...come on all these cats are legends..TI is a legend in the making..."

you can be overrated and a legend at the same time, but TI is in no way a legend or good at all for that matter. dont let tight beats fool you, thats where people go wrong in rating TI and Wayne, just cuz the beats hot, doesnt mean the cat is spittin bars. Biggie has two CD's and considered by many the greatest, that defines overrated. That's like saying lebron is the best basketball player ever if he never played in another game. sounds stupid, dont it? Its just as stupid to call biggie the greatest.

Aug 22, 2006
KEEK is a tad overrated. That style of his aint hot. i dig the bay music and again , his innovative style can compliment the right beat. But overall, i cant listen to more than two keek songs in a row. ive never bought a keek cd, 3X Crazy stackin chips was hot. Keek in small doses is bearable.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
i gotta quit this fuuckin board and hip hop in general when i hear someone say that BIGGIE, RAKIM, MAC DRE, JAY-Z AND KRS ONE ARE OVER RATED. WHAT THE FUCK HAS THE HIP HOP WORLD COME TO WHEN FANS ARE TALKIN DOWN ON SOME OF THE GREATEST TO EVER TOUCH A MIC. BIGGIE? JAY-Z? RAKIM??? WTF? SOME OF YALL ARE ON HEROINE... NAS??? OVER RATED??? OH MY GOD.... 20 BUCKS SAYS U AINT EVER HEARD A NAS RECORD... PUBLIC ENEMY??? BEATS ARE GARBAGE??? HANK SHOCKLEE HAS MADE SOME OF THE GREATEST BEATS IN HIP HOP HISTORY... I GOTTA BELIEVE THAT MOST OF YOU ARE 16 YEARS OLD.

Aug 22, 2006
That KING album is slappin hard as fuck.

see. again, yet another reference to the beats. The album maybe slappin, but he still sucks. wack cats can make good songs. happens all the time. 50 cents first cd had damn good production, hes still a nursery rhyme rapper that can only rhyme in uni-syllable.