unpopular opinions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 3, 2006
watch kitchen nightmares on netflix. you would be amazed how many restaraunts reheat shit in the microwave bro.
if u ever in sd try phils or coops. meat falls off the bone.
I gotta try out Phils one day.

Do they have another location? I wonder if your patience must run out with all the tourist' filling that place up haha

Oct 3, 2006
This is kinda what I'm talking about too. White dude proudly shows the smoke rings on that tri-tip sammy on the left, and the black dude just drenches the ribs in sauce since it was probably smoked for a few then heated up lol. No smoke ring either.

Not hatin at all though, I love both of these places that I frequent here in Fresno.

Attachments

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I just hit up jr's texas bbq, this is a white dude that smokes his meat for 16+ hours, best in sac imo.

Well, I guess I know what I'll be getting for lunch tomorrow.
that look like a FAT ass plate too tho

SC_408 @SC_408 what spots you go to in fresno?
ever been to salaam seafoods? not bbq but i'm kinda feenin for some

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2006
that look like a FAT ass plate too tho

SC_408 @SC_408 what spots you go to in fresno?
ever been to salaam seafoods? not bbq but i'm kinda feenin for some
Yeah, I've been there a few times. It's pretty good.

That tri-tip sandiwch was from Big D's Tri-tip in the downtown area. I also hit up Smokey's, Watts, and Westwoods. What about you?

Props: :ab: and :ab:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Yeah, I've been there a few times. It's pretty good.

That tri-tip sandiwch was from Big D's Tri-tip in the downtown area. I also hit up Smokey's, Watts, and Westwoods. What about you?
I used to fck w smokeys light weight tough, my girl used to work at city college (rib tips, tri tip, mac n cheese = my go to). tri tip sammich at dog house grill is kinda good too, hate to admit.
used to fck w sam's bbq back in the day before sam died
i moved from fresno but my girl has fam out there so ill be back....really trying to fuck with some mexican food w the home made tortillas tho, tacos marquitos on cedar/barstow, chile releno burrito (no beans/rice) was my shit!

fck I must be hongry lol

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
And for anyone grilling and having an issue with tough meat, if it isn't a problem with your cut, or what you're using with your coals (different types of wood) then you're losing moisture and you aren't controlling your heat (vents) like you should. You don't need to spray the meat.
Another mistake that dudes make is putting the rub on there too soon. Some dudes have the rub sitting on there for hours. Most rubs have a grip of salt, and if you put it on there too early, you're pulling moisture out of the meat before you even cook it. Things like dry aged beef have salt on them but they are meticulously temperature controlled while they are aging, it's not the same for a brisket or rack of ribs sitting on your counter or in your fridge. Adding the rub just before cooking is a good way to stop the meat being too tough in addition to what you said.

Mar 21, 2007
www.myspace.com
black bbq spots tend to be really cheap with their cuts of meat and charge u more. they also tend to use a lot of petroleum which u could hella taste in the food. not saying its not good its just not as good as other spots I've been too and I've been to hella spots i eat out a lot