unpopular opinions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
One spot in oak park that had tough meat the dude said he hasn't had a closing time in two years cause he sells out everyday lying ass mother fucker lol.
watch kitchen nightmares on netflix. you would be amazed how many restaraunts reheat shit in the microwave bro.
if u ever in sd try phils or coops. meat falls off the bone.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
watch kitchen nightmares on netflix. you would be amazed how many restaraunts reheat shit in the microwave bro.
if u ever in sd try phils or coops. meat falls off the bone.
Yeah I remember you telling me about a spot in sd, I'll definitely try them when I'm out that way, falling off the bone bbq is what like lol

EVERgREENRIDER

ResidentRocketScientist
Dec 18, 2008
At the Pump
How do you do your ribs? You smoke them or straight grill? I make some bomb ass smoked ribs, i do baby backs I don't really fuck with the spares but if I do spare I trim them St. Louis style.
I use the chunks of mesquite wood charcoal, dry rub, and low and slow. Cook em bout 5-6 hrs. With the mesquite charcoal it stills ever so slightly smokes em

EVERgREENRIDER

ResidentRocketScientist
Dec 18, 2008
At the Pump
The only thing i dont likencooking on the grill is chicken. Im just not that good at it. If i dont like the final product i sure dont like serving it to people. So i just let the girl handle chicken in the kitchen

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
The only thing i dont likencooking on the grill is chicken. Im just not that good at it. If i dont like the final product i sure dont like serving it to people. So i just let the girl handle chicken in the kitchen
Pimp I will through anything on the grill except for certain types of fish. And if I don't like the final product that shit gets tossed.

And for anyone grilling and having an issue with tough meat, if it isn't a problem with your cut, or what you're using with your coals (different types of wood) then you're losing moisture and you aren't controlling your heat (vents) like you should. You don't need to spray the meat.

Assuming you're using a kettle grill, soak your woodchips (apple, cherry, etc) in water the night before. Take them out 2-3 hours before cooking and place them in aluminum foil. What you want to do is leave the top open so it's like a bowl but you want to poke holes all throughout the bottom of the it. You then place that on top of the coals when they are gray. This will allow you to get your smoke. Remember, the SMOKE/HEAT, not the FLAME is going to cook your meat. Next to the coals with the chips on top you're going to place an aluminum pan of a water. The pan should be the size of a pie crust pan and you can actually use one if it will hold the heat. Don't fill the pan up with water all the way, just half way. Cook your meat on the hot side, the part with the water will be your cool side but it will still get the heat because it's next to the coals and still inside the grill. However, it's going to keep the meat moist for you. So it's safe to keep the meat on the grill but over the pan when you're grilling and still trying to keep it warm.

250-275 should be the temp where you are cooking ribs but your mileage may very. And toss some of the fat on the coals.

Tomato based, vinegar based or mustard based bbq sauce, I fucks with it all. When it comes to rubs I fucks with it all, even got some coffee based rubs.

Last edited: