UFC 112

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2006
Anderson should just settle at another weight class for good now. I dont see why Dana would keep him at Middleweight when there isnt really any competition for him there anymore. I guess they gonna have Anderson move down to 170 an face GSP? be funner seein him go heavyweight if anything or if Rua ends up winnin the next fight then Light Heavyweight would make sense.

Nov 7, 2006
yeah you can see has has no desire to be at middleweight what so ever. i do think he is the best PFP in the world but he needs to show it no matter who he is fighting. now i think he should just move up in weghtclass and stay there. GSP and him would never fight, silva is waay to big and gsp is a small welterweight believe it or not.

Feb 27, 2006
GSP and him would never fight, silva is waay to big and gsp is a small welterweight believe it or not.
im not sure if you watched the event or not but during the fight they said that if Silva wins then he'll drop down to 170 to fight GSP. honestly thow i dont think GSP has a chance against him an it would just be better for them to throw him in the heavier weight divisions. either way thow it would still be fun to see the GSP fight go down.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
My theory, after watching the fight, reading a shitload of comments on MMAJunkie.com and other sites:

- The talk heading into the event is: If Silva wins, he drops down to 170 to fight GSP.
- "Everyone" expects Silva to come through, dominate Maia, finish him off, then have the GSP vs Silva stare-down in the ring and set up the next fight.
- The fight is set for 170lbs 4-6 months from now, to give Silva time to drop the weight.

Instead of all that we get:

- Silva completely embarrasses his opponent by dancing around and acting like a fool but (and this is the key part) doesn't finish him, meaning...
- He is able to embarrass the UFC, Joe Silva, and Dana White without concussing his countryman or giving blood-thirsty fans what they want, leading to...
- "Fans" are now pissed off and want Silva to lose his title more than ever. But, read that again: they want him to lose his title, not go after GSP's. The last thing they want to see is Silva get rewarded with another title for his performance.

The stage has now been set for GSP to move up a weight class and fight Silva for his 185 title, instead of Silva moving down, which made little sense to begin with. Silva has ensured that more fans will now want to see GSP go after Silva's title than vice versa. Even still, a Catchweight contest has now become more likely than a 170 Title fight.

As for Anderson post-fight, I can only imagine he told Maia something along the lines of "Sorry you got caught in the middle of this. I'm mad at the UFC, not you." Anyone arguing he was "tired" or didn't have anything left is living in a fantasy world--probably the same one BJ Penn was in for not taking Edgar down, and instead, insisting on trying to beat Edgar at his own game.

He hasn't lost a fan in me. I understand. I can dig it. Bring on GSP at 185lbs.

Jan 4, 2006
My theory, after watching the fight, reading a shitload of comments on MMAJunkie.com and other sites:

- The talk heading into the event is: If Silva wins, he drops down to 170 to fight GSP.
- "Everyone" expects Silva to come through, dominate Maia, finish him off, then have the GSP vs Silva stare-down in the ring and set up the next fight.
- The fight is set for 170lbs 4-6 months from now, to give Silva time to drop the weight.

Instead of all that we get:

- Silva completely embarrasses his opponent by dancing around and acting like a fool but (and this is the key part) doesn't finish him, meaning...
- He is able to embarrass the UFC, Joe Silva, and Dana White without concussing his countryman or giving blood-thirsty fans what they want, leading to...
- "Fans" are now pissed off and want Silva to lose his title more than ever. But, read that again: they want him to lose his title, not go after GSP's. The last thing they want to see is Silva get rewarded with another title for his performance.

The stage has now been set for GSP to move up a weight class and fight Silva for his 185 title, instead of Silva moving down, which made little sense to begin with. Silva has ensured that more fans will now want to see GSP go after Silva's title than vice versa. Even still, a Catchweight contest has now become more likely than a 170 Title fight.

As for Anderson post-fight, I can only imagine he told Maia something along the lines of "Sorry you got caught in the middle of this. I'm mad at the UFC, not you." Anyone arguing he was "tired" or didn't have anything left is living in a fantasy world--probably the same one BJ Penn was in for not taking Edgar down, and instead, insisting on trying to beat Edgar at his own game.

He hasn't lost a fan in me. I understand. I can dig it. Bring on GSP at 185lbs.
that actually makes good sense. that card pissed me off. was BJ Penn hurt?

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
i dont really see how bj lost the belt, yeah he was alot slower and looked tired, but to b the champ u have to beat the champ, and frankie didnt do enough in my mind . o well, and anderson is a faggit . munoz and grove fight was great!!! still tryin to find a site that is showin the hughes fight

Nov 7, 2006
im not sure if you watched the event or not but during the fight they said that if Silva wins then he'll drop down to 170 to fight GSP. honestly thow i dont think GSP has a chance against him an it would just be better for them to throw him in the heavier weight divisions. either way thow it would still be fun to see the GSP fight go down.
yeah but GSP already said he wouldnt take the fight because he's too small. and they asked Dana after the silva fight and he said "he didnt deserve to fight GSP" so yeah it wont happen.

May 10, 2002
I swear, mufuckas is SO FUCKING SPOILED nowadays. When Anderson Silva was finishing cats in the first round, people complained because the main events ended too quick, then when he doesn't finish fights, people complain. The dude can't win.

The crowd was loving everything Silva was doing against Maia (antics and showboating included) up until he stopped doing anything. Just goes to show you how spoiled mufuckas is

Feb 27, 2006
yeah but GSP already said he wouldnt take the fight because he's too small. and they asked Dana after the silva fight and he said "he didnt deserve to fight GSP" so yeah it wont happen.
thats why Silva said he wants to drop down to 170 to fight GSP. but yeah we wont see the fight anytime soon since like you said Dana is pissed off at Anderson over his performance.

Jun 5, 2004
SO SILVA WENT TO DECISION WITH THE BEST SUBMISSION DUDE IN THE WEIGHT CLASS? AND DANA WHITE GOT HELLA MAD?

MIGHT OF BEEN A LAME FIGHT (HAVENT WATCHED YET) BUT IF IT WAS, WOULDNT THAT BE ONE OF SILVAS ONLY LAME ONES IN THE UFC?

TIGHT THAT MUNOZ WON THO...

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
SO SILVA WENT TO DECISION WITH THE BEST SUBMISSION DUDE IN THE WEIGHT CLASS? AND DANA WHITE GOT HELLA MAD?

MIGHT OF BEEN A LAME FIGHT (HAVENT WATCHED YET) BUT IF IT WAS, WOULDNT THAT BE ONE OF SILVAS ONLY LAME ONES IN THE UFC?

TIGHT THAT MUNOZ WON THO...
his last 3 title defenses have been ugly.
I loved the first 13 minutes or so, then he gassed and it got ugly. Hiding behind Miragliotta was funny as fuck though.
And I had the BJ-Frankie fight even, 1st-BJ 2nd-BJ 3rd-10/10 4th-Frankie 5th-Frankie.
Munoz-Grove is fight of the year so far.

AOKI #1!