The Real Reason The Bay isn't bigger

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2006
I'm a big big promoter of the bay since i really got up on that shit in like 93-94. I'ma tell you like this, I'm from Detroit and niggaz and hoes in the D love 40. You get a few occassional 40 haters but for the most part niggaz love 40 around here.

But every chance I get i try to let my niggaz hear or whoever i'm just kickin wit hear some other bay shit. niggaz love it every time, even to the point they tryin to steal some of my shit. The point is, yeah everybody love $hort and 40, but that's all they hear. Niggaz in places outside the bay don't get exposed to Mess, Quinn, Dre, etc. until a nigga like me come along and put niggaz up on it.

I know its been said but thats the main reason the bay ain't bigger, because of marketing and promotion. Niggaz don't even get a chance to even hear if they like it or not.

Which brings me to the next reason. It's like, the same thang that make you laugh can make you cry. The independent game. The bay started that shit and a lot of niggaz is livin and dyin off that shit. A lot of niggaz don't wont that major label deal cuz u might get fucked in the end, or for whatever reason, but without that major pushin you, its damn near impossible to get your shit on radio stations nationwide and on BET and MTV. But at the same time some niggaz is eatin, and eatin good off being independent so you can't be mad at 'em. I think it more niggaz on here mad that the bay ain't bigger, than a lot of these rappers, cuz i don't hear none of them lookin or talkin like they broke.

But that's why niggaz can't be mad at 40 and $hort, cuz they 2 of the very few with major label deals, and they giving the the whole hyphy movement and they bay period THE ONLY national exposure it would be getting right now. Its 2006 and muthafuckas just now hearin about hyphy. Cuz of 40 niggaz just now hearin about Mac Dre and he has been dead almost 2 years. Now niggaz ask me all the time who is Mac Dre, let me hear some Mac Dre-2006, 17 years after he first dropped, but because of 40, niggaz around here finally know who he was, and finally hearin some of his shit and feelin it.

And the last reason-Master P
I'll save that for another thread, some of ya'll feel what I'm sayin though.

Jun 15, 2006
Oh yeah they did play 18 Dummy on the radio the other day. Other than that I haven't heard no other bay artist on the radio out here recently except $hort, 40, and Federation. I heard the Super Hyphy beat in the background one time but I haven't heard the song on the radio.

May 9, 2002
NOR.CAL. said:
but e-40 muscle cars video didn't get made ...
He makin the video the end of this month...so youre statement is irrelevant...and you now need a NEW reason to hate a man that makes 100000X more money than you...

Did some dude in this thread REALLY say outright "I hate E-40"????LOL....WOWZERS!!!!!

Aug 8, 2006
that what they said about last month in august,that he was going to make the video for muscle cars.but it still hasn't come out.E-40 ALBUM GOT RELEASE LIKE IN MARCH. AND HE ONLY MADE 2 VIDEOS.MUSCLE CARS SHOULD OF CAME OUT BY NOW.IT'S KIND OF TO LATE.

BUT HE STIL IS WEAK, FUK E-40

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray
The Real Reason The Bay isn't bigger

becuse no more mobb music realy

2 i don't have a MP.C. 4000

3 NOBODY WANA GIVE ME THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD FRUITYLOOPS FULL VERSION.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
NOR.CAL. said:
who would you love more if mac dre was alive. mac dre or e-40?

mac dre why? e-40 or too short wouldn't be talking about hyphy.they scared of the boss tycoon, "mac dre" would diss then faggots.bitch ass too short lived in ATL.WHY? THE BAY IS YOUR HOME,DON'T LEAVE IT...
what on gods green earth

first of all, too short moved to atlanta in 1994/1995 to keep his brother wayne loc out of trouble

second of all, smh @ "they scared of the boss tycoon"... WHAT.. THE.. FUCK? why would too short be "scared" of someone who looks up to him as a legend?

"I grew up in the Bay Area around a gang of robbin and shootin
Looked up to legends like Felix Mitchell, Huey P. Newton
And Todd Shaw a/k/a Too $hort" - Mac Dre, first 3.5 bars off the song "How Yo Hood"

furthermore, why would Mac Dre diss Too Short, a man who he looks up to as a legend, just because he mentioned something about "hyphy" on a track?

EXPLANATIONS AT ONCE.

::