The Real Reason The Bay isn't bigger

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 16, 2006
That's it. I'm through defending this region.

I rememeber a few months back when 40 was getting ready to bring the bay back people were all smiles then. Now when the "grass has been cut the snakes come out." 40 could have just said fuck the bay and just made an album with all lil jon tracks. Instead he decided to put the bay on. Give the bay exposure. And this is how ya'll act? By saying he is stealing Mac Dre's shit? Ya'll some idiots.

TM1

Sicc OG
Jun 15, 2006
I hate E-40.
I've never liked him to begin with.
It's not because he has some "mainstream love" it's because he annoys me.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i was bouts to make this post into a topic, but thought naw, im good....to many people will see it....

man, is it jus me or is cali, in general, the most original state? fo realz.....i mean....peep out the bay, SO many different styles an originality you dont see ANYWHERE else.....

maybe its cuz i AM from cali an i dont see FIRST HAND how other states do it....but man, shits ridicules, an a muthafucka from the bay CANT GET NO SHINE! go ahead an miss me wit that 40 on tv! 40 on the radio! ok, an who else is gettin nation wide play thats a rapper from the bay? huh?

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
TM1 said:
I hate E-40.
I've never liked him to begin with.
It's not because he has some "mainstream love" it's because he annoys me.
Now if somebody who is on a Bay Area Rap Talk forum is saying this, imagine how alotta cats that ain't from the bay feel...

Every region has there own selling point... Right now, for better or worse, the Bay has hyphy... We gotta gang of young artists that could get that mainstream luv (Bailey, Wolfpack, FAB for example)... But unfortunately, for one reason or another, E-40 seems to have damn near monopolized that market... For example, on the BET speacial about the Hyphy Movement, it seemed to have featured only music from E-40's MGRC album... Basically, our image to the rest of the nation is fuct up right now and getting a gold plaque half-a-year later ain't gonna help too much! Now let me break down the selling points of other regions:

New York's selling point will always be that they're the birthplace of hip hop, the biggest city in America and so on... The south's selling point is they are the soul of America.... Most black folks can trace their roots to the south (my family comes from Dallas)... Down south music gives many folks a subconcious 'back home' feeling... Plus the south consists of a gang of states which means more fans and radio stations that will support their own... That brings us to California/West Coast; When other regions think of California, they've been basically bred to think 'West Coast', in which the first thing they generally ascociate with that is LA and the ganbangin scene...

Agurablly the West Coast's most poular artist (#1 song on billboard in '05), Snoop boasts a healthy tinge of soul in his vocal delivery and swagger, which gives the average listener from down south a feeling of familiarity... Snoop also got hella charisma. I been out to the Big Apple and he got hella love out there... I've yet to see him freeze up or look awkward in an interview, which can go a long way in becoming a nation-wide icon.

Some cats accuse him of stealing bay shit, but I must point out that he been sportin' big-ass glasses before Mac Dre's death (unlike E40 and his stunna shades). Snoop accompanies his glasses with flambouyant outfits as a way of paying homage to the pimp culture of the 70's... Movies like Willie Dynamite (outta NYC), The Mack (outta Oakland), and real pimps like Don Bishop Magic Juan (outta Chi-Town) prove that the flamboyant style in which some pimps indulged in were that of a nationwide trend, not just the Bay. Also about the F-shizzle shit.. yeah the bay came wit the fa-sheezy... but most of yizall nizoe wizzhere thizzat cizzame frizzom... OG cats spoke that way to confuse popo, infiltrators, ear-hustlers, and would-be snitches... I thought that Oakland's Seagram (RIP) wuz the first to drop that style of speech on wax on his debut CD 'Dark Roads' in '92. I tripped out when I came up on a copy of San Diego's double-OG, Gansta Ern's (RIP) album which came out in the same year, 'Up Against It'. It was only released on casset and vinyl... Anyway on track #3 'I'm That Nigga', he busts off on sizum izzuv thizzat shiznit... Which basically leaves me not knowin' where the whole shit really originated from in the first place!

I try to keep my knowledge on a nation wide scale, homies... If anyone got questions or got anything to add to wut I put down, let's git it right!

Now on to 40....
A lotta cats that ain't from the Bay may be turned off by somebody like E-40 cuz he doesn't have that much soul in his music... To the casual listener he may sound more like an animated Saturday morning cartoon on Nikelodeon... The barrage of synthesized video game sounding beats he tends to rap on don't do much to diffuse this impression either... Unlike the Bay Area, most other people are not gonna put forth much effort into letting a song grow on them. There's just simply way too many cats putting out music nowadays and kids' attention spans are way short...

Out here, we damn near force ourselves to like stuff on the strength that it's one of our own... hailing from the smallest region thats getting reconition on a nation-wide scale, it's hard too have that alone make an extreme impact

Now before sum of y'all be ready to attack the messenger, y'all should know that I've been slappin and (occasionally buying) the cool 40 shit since the Click's Down n Dirty (before Jive), I have never purchased a Snoop Dogg record, and I listen to music from all regions, but the majority of wut I fuczwit iz mostly that ol skoo bay shit...

Thiz iz simply my unbiased take on why the bay ain't bigger, that's it...

I know thiz shit iz hellu long, my ninjaz, but I'm at work and this makes it go by much faster.

Many thanx for taking the time out to read this!

Aug 26, 2006
B-San said:
Now if somebody who is on a Bay Area Rap Talk forum is saying this, imagine how alotta cats that ain't from the bay feel...

Every region has there own selling point... Right now, for better or worse, the Bay has hyphy... We gotta gang of young artists that could get that mainstream luv (Bailey, Wolfpack, FAB for example)... But unfortunately, for one reason or another, E-40 seems to have damn near monopolized that market... For example, on the BET speacial about the Hyphy Movement, it seemed to have featured only music from E-40's MGRC album... Basically, our image to the rest of the nation is fuct up right now and getting a gold plaque half-a-year later ain't gonna help too much! Now let me break down the selling points of other regions:

New York's selling point will always be that they're the birthplace of hip hop, the biggest city in America and so on... The south's selling point is they are the soul of America.... Most black folks can trace their roots to the south (my family comes from Dallas)... Down south music gives many folks a subconcious 'back home' feeling... Plus the south consists of a gang of states which means more fans and radio stations that will support their own... That brings us to California/West Coast; When other regions think of California, they've been basically bred to think 'West Coast', in which the first thing they generally ascociate with that is LA and the ganbangin scene...

Agurablly the West Coast's most poular artist (#1 song on billboard in '05), Snoop boasts a healthy tinge of soul in his vocal delivery and swagger, which gives the average listener from down south a feeling of familiarity... Snoop also got hella charisma. I been out to the Big Apple and he got hella love out there... I've yet to see him freeze up or look awkward in an interview, which can go a long way in becoming a nation-wide icon.

Some cats accuse him of stealing bay shit, but I must point out that he been sportin' big-ass glasses before Mac Dre's death (unlike E40 and his stunna shades). Snoop accompanies his glasses with flambouyant outfits as a way of paying homage to the pimp culture of the 70's... Movies like Willie Dynamite (outta NYC), The Mack (outta Oakland), and real pimps like Don Bishop Magic Juan (outta Chi-Town) prove that the flamboyant style in which some pimps indulged in were that of a nationwide trend, not just the Bay. Also about the F-shizzle shit.. yeah the bay came wit the fa-sheezy... but most of yizall nizoe wizzhere thizzat cizzame frizzom... OG cats spoke that way to confuse popo, infiltrators, ear-hustlers, and would-be snitches... I thought that Oakland's Seagram (RIP) wuz the first to drop that style of speech on wax on his debut CD 'Dark Roads' in '92. I tripped out when I came up on a copy of San Diego's double-OG, Gansta Ern's (RIP) album which came out in the same year, 'Up Against It'. It was only released on casset and vinyl... Anyway on track #3 'I'm That Nigga', he busts off on sizum izzuv thizzat shiznit... Which basically leaves me not knowin' where the whole shit really originated from in the first place!

I try to keep my knowledge on a nation wide scale, homies... If anyone got questions or got anything to add to wut I put down, let's git it right!

Now on to 40....
A lotta cats that ain't from the Bay may be turned off by somebody like E-40 cuz he doesn't have that much soul in his music... To the casual listener he may sound more like an animated Saturday morning cartoon on Nikelodeon... The barrage of synthesized video game sounding beats he tends to rap on don't do much to diffuse this impression either... Unlike the Bay Area, most other people are not gonna put forth much effort into letting a song grow on them. There's just simply way too many cats putting out music nowadays and kids' attention spans are way short...

Out here, we damn near force ourselves to like stuff on the strength that it's one of our own... hailing from the smallest region thats getting reconition on a nation-wide scale, it's hard too have that alone make an extreme impact

Now before sum of y'all be ready to attack the messenger, y'all should know that I've been slappin and (occasionally buying) the cool 40 shit since the Click's Down n Dirty (before Jive), I have never purchased a Snoop Dogg record, and I listen to music from all regions, but the majority of wut I fuczwit iz mostly that ol skoo bay shit...

Thiz iz simply my unbiased take on why the bay ain't bigger, that's it...

I know thiz shit iz hellu long, my ninjaz, but I'm at work and this makes it go by much faster.

Many thanx for taking the time out to read this!
real shit. my opinion on why the bay aint big yet is mainly because nobody is ready to hear our style of music and what we have to offer to the nation. some of you niggaz judge me on my view of 40 but fuck it in the end you cant change my opinion. anyways as long as everybody has they ears to the south we are waiting in line, plus NY has there own movement.

Aug 8, 2006
i know aint dumb enough to read all that shit this dude posted before me.but e-40 muscle cars video didn't get made so i said,fuk- e-40 he a sell out.thatz not bay love witout that muscle cars video.now i regret buying all his e-40 cd's i ever bought.fuk e-40.........sell out...might as well can him e-40 from the south. he does crunk music for lil jon, like "u and dat" is crunk music for them hoes......instead the man should of been manish to bring muscle cars.

piss me off....... i still like hyphy movement,but witout e-40 and too short.them faggots jump on the banwagon win mac dre was gone...and ya faggots know that,so don't even say that ya he down.

remember e-40 aint going to put no more hyphy after his,why? he doesn't get hyphy or go to sideshows or does thizzle dance.fuk e-40

mac dre all day before or after e-40

mac dre a true legend...............

who would you love more if mac dre was alive. mac dre or e-40?

mac dre why? e-40 or too short wouldn't be talking about hyphy.they scared of the boss tycoon, "mac dre" would diss then faggots.bitch ass too short lived in ATL.WHY? THE BAY IS YOUR HOME,DON'T LEAVE IT...

Apr 26, 2006
its the same shit everywhere. go to carolina and ask if niggas like petey pablo (hell naw). ask about 50 in new york. etc. anytiime a nigga has something, other niggas try their best to drag him down. you don't see jews or italians doing that shit though.

Aug 8, 2006
I KEEP TELL THIS KIDZ THAT BUT LEARN SOME SHIT FROM A OLD SCHOOL PERSON.LEARN ONE TEACH ONE FOR THE STRUGGLES.

E-40- NEXT CD IS WHAT? TELL HIM ME WHEN TO GO PART 2-HE GOING TO STAND ON TOP OF A HUMMER GOING HYPHY?OPEN UP THE DOORS TO GHOST RIDE?POP THIZZ?THIZZLE DANCE AT THE CLUB?GOING TO A SIDESHOW?
E-40 MADE THE BAY LOOK GOOD FOR A MINUTE,NOW THE REST OF THE WORLD WANTS THAT CHALLENGE FROM THE BAY,BUT DID HE TELL THE BAY TO GET READY CUZ THEY NOT READY.THE BAY IS NOT MAINSTREAM.I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE MISTAH FAB GOING MAINSTREAM OR KEAK DA SNEAK.TOO SHORT SAID THAT MISTAH FAB SHOULD DO MAINSTREAM.I LAUGH WHEN HE SAID THAT.THEY "TOO SHORT AND E-40" PUSH THE LIMITS TO EXPOSURE.THE BAY WILL BLOW OR NOT.BUT GOOD LUCK TO THE BAY CUZ A LOT OF CATZ FROM THE EAST TO THE SOUTH TO THE SOUTHERN CALI AINT READY FOR THIS.THEY HATE THIS MOVEMENT.THIS MOVEMENT WILL NOT SEE E-40 HANGIN ON TO IT ONLY BECUZ E-40 SAID HYPHY ON HIS "MY GHETTO REPORT CARD" LIKE ONE OR TWICE. I WANT TO SEE THAT FAT BOY GETTING HYPHY.
MAC DRE WAS ABOUT THE SAME AGE AS HIM AND HE WAS STILL GETTING HYPHY.TOO SHORT TOO OLD AZZ DONT GET HYPHY................
I LOVE THE UNDERGROUND.........

Aug 22, 2006
real grimey muphuckas is still doin shows at clubse

40 still hots small venues in seattle where i stay. he doesn't seem star struck at all to me. he shows major love at every 40 concert i've ever been to.

Mar 20, 2006
NOR.CAL. said:
i know aint dumb enough to read all that shit this dude posted before me.but e-40 muscle cars video didn't get made so i said,fuk- e-40 he a sell out.thatz not bay love witout that muscle cars video.now i regret buying all his e-40 cd's i ever bought.fuk e-40.........sell out...might as well can him e-40 from the south. he does crunk music for lil jon, like "u and dat" is crunk music for them hoes......instead the man should of been manish to bring muscle cars.

piss me off....... i still like hyphy movement,but witout e-40 and too short.them faggots jump on the banwagon win mac dre was gone...and ya faggots know that,so don't even say that ya he down.

remember e-40 aint going to put no more hyphy after his,why? he doesn't get hyphy or go to sideshows or does thizzle dance.fuk e-40

mac dre all day before or after e-40

mac dre a true legend...............

who would you love more if mac dre was alive. mac dre or e-40?

mac dre why? e-40 or too short wouldn't be talking about hyphy.they scared of the boss tycoon, "mac dre" would diss then faggots.bitch ass too short lived in ATL.WHY? THE BAY IS YOUR HOME,DON'T LEAVE IT...
lol...i really hope you were just joking when you said all this. sometimes its hard to tell in BART tho.

Apr 25, 2002
Done Deal Ceo said:
we need to get behind anybody that Hard working and making GOOD MUSIC.. I support people that i dont really think is that hot if their shit is quality and they work hard.. I support
That's whats up right there! Unfortunately the amount of garbage far outweighs good music but thats nothing new.