The Real Reason The Bay isn't bigger

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2006
Too Many people can't make up there fucking minds.

E-40 FINALLY gets mainstream love, now 50% of the people on this board hate him for it. Half of these niggas saying he don't show enough respect to Mac Dre, but when he DOES pay homage to dre, they say he's hating.

40's new single is pop-friendly, but he already put out "Tell Me When To Go". He went and put Keak Da Sneak of all people on this record, giving him more exposure this year than in his whole career. The video also had Bay niggas in it that you will never see on TV without 40.

The same things would happen if Keak, Big Rich, Federation or any of these other dudes made it big. You guys would just find reasons to hate.

Can't you fuckers just be happy that 40's got a gold album out there? He even gave Keak exposure, and he didn't have to do it.

You guys need to support your own artists because if you don't, these rappers aren't even gonna make records anymore.

Jun 4, 2004
regardless if werent blown up like now, i still support no matter what and thats the key, everyone is too quick to judge on something

Feb 27, 2006
theringer said:

E-40 FINALLY gets mainstream love, now 50% of the people on this board hate him for it. Half of these niggas saying he don't show enough respect to Mac Dre, but when he DOES pay homage to dre, they say he's hating.

40's new single is pop-friendly, but he already put out "Tell Me When To Go". He went and put Keak Da Sneak of all people on this record, giving him more exposure this year than in his whole career. The video also had Bay niggas in it that you will never see on TV without 40.

The same things would happen if Keak, Big Rich, Federation or any of these other dudes made it big. You guys would just find reasons to hate.

Can't you fuckers just be happy that 40's got a gold album out there? He even gave Keak exposure, and he didn't have to do it.

You guys need to support your own artists because if you don't, these rappers aren't even gonna make records anymore.
niggaz be cryin like hoez dese dayz

Dec 11, 2005
theringer said:

Aint that the Fuckin Truth... thats the BAY for ya

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
you half right homie....its about album sales....thats it.

if muphuckas would stop burning shit i know for a fact bay would get WAY more shine than south an east coast.....

look how many people look at bay artists myspace or whatever.....i member when napster was big, an i admit it, i was lookin for new DRE shit....WAY more people had dre shit that 50 or whatever....after i started to grow up an realize why my fav. artist aint on the screen its cuz people burn an dont buy....i got more than half of dres shit store bought.....

see people look at it like, i dont know that muthafucka, what he done for me? fuck buyin that shit, ima burn it.....

whats has the muthafucka done for you?

when you up all nite thizzed out an some girl wanna slap some shit on then she starts feelin her shit an you end up beatin....who you think got her in that mood? mac dre

when you fina smoke a blunt an want some slaptastic shit to blow one to....who you think?some yuk, but damn near every rapper in this bay

you feel?

Jun 5, 2006
drunkinfool said:
you half right homie....its about album sales....thats it.

if muphuckas would stop burning shit i know for a fact bay would get WAY more shine than south an east coast.....

look how many people look at bay artists myspace or whatever.....i member when napster was big, an i admit it, i was lookin for new DRE shit....WAY more people had dre shit that 50 or whatever....after i started to grow up an realize why my fav. artist aint on the screen its cuz people burn an dont buy....i got more than half of dres shit store bought.....

see people look at it like, i dont know that muthafucka, what he done for me? fuck buyin that shit, ima burn it.....

whats has the muthafucka done for you?

when you up all nite thizzed out an some girl wanna slap some shit on then she starts feelin her shit an you end up beatin....who you think got her in that mood? mac dre

when you fina smoke a blunt an want some slaptastic shit to blow one to....who you think?some yuk, but damn near every rapper in this bay

you feel?
You have some great points, but burning albums is negativley affecting artists all over the country, not strictly the Bay. Record sales in general are down, with only 4 rap acts going gold this year ( I count Wayne cuz he came out in December ).

The main point of my thread was actually directed at the members of this forum becuase there are so many people saying what this rapper should have or shouldnt have done, and in the end if they do blow up, they get hated on.

People on this site stay hating on E-40 & Bash for no reason other than jealousy. Even now that Keak has a name for himself, you see way more hate for him on here now than even a year ago.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
very very true.....once someone gets big people ALWAYS tend to hate.....

but hate is a strong word also.....it is theyre opinion....

like i honestly feel if MD was still here e40 wouldnt have blown up.....fo realz....he takin dres theme an twistin it an runnin wit it....

but now that i think about it, he keepin dres name alive....never thought about that....an what funnier is that you see more people wit MD shirts than anything....r.i.p. dre....

Jun 5, 2006
^^^ Yeah, I think 40 is just trying to pay homage. They had there little beef back in the days, however that's done with. Only the people on this forum and that idiot Little Bruce are keepin it going. And the truth is, 40 is getting Mac Dre's name heard way more than Thizz.

As far as hating being someone's opinion, I 100% agree with that, but at the same time, this is usually an artist that a person likes. When they make it big, it's almost like people in the Bay don't want this same artist they once liked to do good.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
but truthfully after MDs passin, his name was heard throughout the nation.....its like when someone walks in the room people whisper everywhere.....an sometimes everyone is loud....

but i see where lil bruce is comin from....he ran wit both at times.....different times.....40 does seem kinda starstruck by himself.....real grimey muphuckas is still doin shows at clubs....shit keak be doin shows EVERYWHERE...bars, halls, lil clubs....everywherei duno, im up early drinkin....

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
but truthfully after MDs passin, his name was heard throughout the nation.....its like when someone walks in the room people whisper everywhere.....an sometimes everyone is loud....

but i see where lil bruce is comin from....he ran wit both at times.....different times.....40 does seem kinda starstruck by himself.....real grimey muphuckas is still doin shows at clubs....shit keak be doin shows EVERYWHERE...bars, halls, lil clubs....everywherei duno, im up early drinkin....

Jun 5, 2006
Well of course Dre's name did get bigger, unfortunatley thats what happens when a rapper is murdeder. I just feel like 40 is trying to give his respects to Dre as much as he can.

The Little Bruce thing is 2-ways. There is shit that went down that we don't know about, but it also seems like he had to wait til 40 blew to start dissing. it wont help his career none. I dont see why.

And do you think that if you were exposed to A-List stars and shit like 40 is now, wouldn't you be a little starstruck as well?