the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2002
^yeah well rumor is monta ellis might not play for the dubs. I don't think it EVENS it out. but should help P-town...

LOL skizzy, yeah imma pick you up in a limo, then get sit in my mid 300 section seats...lol balllllllllin

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
^ UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YEEEEEEEEEE!!! THX MY DUDE!!! ILL BE WAITIN OUTSIDE WITH MY AUTHENTIC ROY JERSEY!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

hahahahhaha. seriously though, i DEF need to go to a game or 2 this year. that is a MUST!

even though ellis MIIIIIIGHT be out(Warriors guard Monta Ellis, who is averaging 18 points in nine games since Nelson inserted him into the starting lineup, strained his left thigh and was limited to less than 20 minutes Tuesday night. His status is uncertain for this contest.), that still doesnt change the fact that we are still the underdogs in this game...NONETHELESS, GOOOOOO BLAZERS!!!!

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
It was a good game. I was wrong and we were missing Ellis, when we needed that second scorer. And if we couldve converted when it was 80 to 89 on those 3 lay-ups it mightve been a different game. But that zone defense was killing the warriors.

Does James Jones always play like that?

Feb 1, 2006
I didn't think the blazers could pull this off on the 2nd of a back-to-back (i know the warriors were too), but we are really playing well right now... 5 in a row!

And, I don't think James Jones usually plays like that, but if he's open he'll can a 3 on you no problem, probably the best pure shooter on the team along with Martell Webster.

Jarret Jack is playing really good right now too, love how he's attacking the rim -- he's like a poor-man's young Boom Dizzle.

I have to say tho', I was more impressed thugging it up to get the win in Utah the night before, since we have been shitty on the Road until real recently.

edit: the zone defense killed both Utah and the Dubs, but now that teams are expecting it I think they'll game plan for it and it'll be less effective. Which is bad news because we are THIN up front with LMA out. Channing Frye needs to hit those protein/testosterone shakes and grow some nuts, lol

Sep 4, 2002
It was a good game. I was wrong and we were missing Ellis, when we needed that second scorer. And if we couldve converted when it was 80 to 89 on those 3 lay-ups it mightve been a different game. But that zone defense was killing the warriors.

James Jones has been absolutely lights out this year...18-29 from 3pt range. 62% in 10 games he has played

Sep 4, 2002
I didn't think the blazers could pull this off on the 2nd of a back-to-back (i know the warriors were too), but we are really playing well right now... 5 in a row!

And, I don't think James Jones usually plays like that, but if he's open he'll can a 3 on you no problem, probably the best pure shooter on the team along with Martell Webster.

Jarret Jack is playing really good right now too, love how he's attacking the rim -- he's like a poor-man's young Boom Dizzle.

I have to say tho', I was more impressed thugging it up to get the win in Utah the night before, since we have been shitty on the Road until real recently.

edit: the zone defense killed both Utah and the Dubs, but now that teams are expecting it I think they'll game plan for it and it'll be less effective. Which is bad news because we are THIN up front with LMA out. Channing Frye needs to hit those protein/testosterone shakes and grow some nuts, lol
another blazer fan!!!lol I know you been on here for a min, but where you been at in the sports forum! haha im jus playin

Sep 4, 2002

yeah sense zone isnt played pretty much at all by anyone in the league, when we run the zone, teams aren't expecting it.

Jun 23, 2002
2 interesting stats that pop out to me: the Warriors had twice as many fouls (25-13) and the Blazers shot twice as many free throws (30-13); not taking anything away form you guys, you guys played great, but we didn't get some calls we should have

May 9, 2002
2 interesting stats that pop out to me: the Warriors had twice as many fouls (25-13) and the Blazers shot twice as many free throws (30-13); not taking anything away form you guys, you guys played great, but we didn't get some calls we should have
That, or the Warriors were just flat out fouling more than the Blazers were. 2x the amount is a farily high ratio.

Feb 1, 2006
That, or the Warriors were just flat out fouling more than the Blazers were. 2x the amount is a farily high ratio.
Its about which team is shooting jump shots and which team is attacking the rim, too. Not saying the warriors didn't get jobbed a few times, but thats life on the road in the NBA. Also in the zone defense you aren't gonna foul as much or give up penetration, but you are going to give your opponents open looks from long range -- too bad the warriors were cold from outside.