The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 28, 2008
I sure am. There is a reason why it's a stated rule by the mods in the forum. It's because it is a product meant to be sold... Certain songs are leaked purposely... It isn't the people in here that support the music it's the cheap fucks that won't spend the dough regardless of how good the project is.
Dude honestly who gives a fuck, C'mon..

This is the last place where you have to bring that anti piracy bullshit. The majority here buy strange albums.

Sep 30, 2002
Did I not state that you guys probably buy the music? I don't doubt that... It's still a forum that exists because Strange says so, so why would it be cool for leaks to be posted here? Tomorrow if Travis says pull the plug this place disappears overnight.... I don't need this forum to exist but I like it and have since 2002. Artists on the label don't come answer questions and share info like they used to here because this type of shit is allowed to go on. I have heard it from the horse's mouth. Damn share the shit discreetly at least in PM's instead of just blatantly doing that shit.

Jul 1, 2007
Did I not state that you guys probably buy the music? I don't doubt that... It's still a forum that exists because Strange says so, so why would it be cool for leaks to be posted here? Tomorrow if Travis says pull the plug this place disappears overnight.... I don't need this forum to exist but I like it and have since 2002. Artists on the label don't come answer questions and share info like they used to here because this type of shit is allowed to go on. I have heard it from the horse's mouth. Damn share the shit discreetly at least in PM's instead of just blatantly doing that shit.
I dont think siccness has fallen off because of piracy?? People just stop coming here. SHyt im still here and I just like siccness for what it is

Sep 30, 2002
I dont think siccness has fallen off because of piracy?? People just stop coming here. SHyt im still here and I just like siccness for what it is
I am talking about the artists you come here to discuss not visiting and I AM TELLING YOU THAT I KNOW that things like this are exactly why, which in turn drives forum participation down.. Because you can't tell me that if fans knew they were posting here answering questions etc. that there wouldn't be more discussion which is IS EXACTLY what forums like this are for.

Sep 30, 2002
It definitely had nothing to do with the website Tech N9ne owns having it's own message board with 100 times as many active posters.
I agree and twitter plays a part as well. However there was always some form of a message board there. I visit multiples. My guess is alot of people do. All of the info has always come out elsewhere or on his site first we just brought it here to create discussion. It was discussed that mods were allowing links to albums to be published here before release I know because I was there during the discussion... I can't remember anyone from Strange coming here since. There has always been sharing of music here but it was in PM's and discreet. When somebody like Casper dipshit puts a link out for all to see its disrespectful as shit.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
There's at least four versions of the track. There is the original(s), which there was one which had three 2Pac verses, and another which had a Rated R verse (I believe that may have been Machadoshis from Thug Life) which was done way back in like 1992. Then in 1997 when Tech was living out in Cali with QDIII and he was working on R U Still Down, he had Tech jump on the track (and the story goes, that Tech had met Pac a few times in '93-'94 or whatever and that 2Pac wanted to work with him)

Flash forward to when Eminem got his hands on the 2Pac catalog and we get the remix contained on that single, which had the three 2Pac verses, and Nate Dogg on the hook.

EDIT: Actually, I'm thinking Tech has said that QDIII sent him the track to jump on, so it might've been once he was back in KC

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
One link shows up in the Random thread and a whole bunch of arguing ensues.

The dead link has been deleted.

If you want to see how often I get to check the forum, I urge you to look at my personal page and follow when my last activity was.

Dakota doesn't post here anymore, likely because he grew up and found better places to be after spending years freely promoting Strange Music in Utah.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
That's the whole reason people do anything for a label without asking for compensation, belief in the music. I think Dakota stopped believing that he somehow was changing the world for a label that makes millions of dollars and uses free labor to gain noteriety, and key above all else, a ton of money.

Sep 30, 2002
That's the whole reason people do anything for a label without asking for compensation, belief in the music. I think Dakota stopped believing that he somehow was changing the world for a label that makes millions of dollars and uses free labor to gain noteriety, and key above all else, a ton of money.
I have no clue who Dakota is... I guess that's Asmodeus. I wasn't taking any shots at you I was just stating my opinion based on FACTS.