Strange Music has failed.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2006
but you don't know enough to really know where any blame if any should fall.
True. We do not know what goes on in the Strange office when it comes to makin decisions on which direction to take their label in. BUT U can not even begin to say that blame doen not fall on someone. Is it just one person? No, I dont think its JUST on T.O or JUST on Tech I think its an entire group and an entire batch of bad decisions that results in where they are now... Put aside the bad marketing and all that for a second tho. What I feel has been Techs biggest draw back...

"Why U Aint Callin Me" can be answered simply with one word just like dude said: JUGGALO

If it wasnt for Tech associating himself and actually BRAGGING about being apart of that god awful group I THINK alot more artists would respect him more. I think that simple decision alone has put Tech miles behind in gaining respect from other well known artists. Most mainstream rappers came from broke down, gang infested BLACK neighborhoods. Those rappers see this dude who has mad talent but paints his face like sum fuckin clown and whos biggest following is a bunch of white grungy ICP fans. They arent gonna feel this dude. Not to mention they are prob scared, cuz Tech will murder almost any verse these dudes can lay down.

But I for realz think the whole Juggalo shit has set Tech back more than Strange not promoting him like they should...

Tech Krizz and Kutt could DOMINATE mainstream with their skills, if Strange could just get on the ball, hire some marketing agents and get them on some correct shit, Tech could be world wide in no time.

The fuckin industry is WAAAAAAY bigger than Tech N9ne, sorry Tech ur gonna have to go mainstream, as bad as you want ur shit to hit everyone you have to. Mainstream WILL NEVER go Tech N9ne. Too much greed and close minded people will never allow that to happen...

It really pissed me off to see that video of Tech sayin he is callin it quits cuz we just arent getting it and that hes tired of being shut down. Tech, u shut yourself down by not giving yourself the oppertunities u have available. People aint getting the shit cuz u aint puttin the shit out there for them to get!!! Word of mouth is not gonna get you to mainstream status homie. PAY THE FUCKIN DJ'S, PAY MTV, PAY BET get ur shit out there on the streets man. Most people dont go searching for music they have never heard, most dont know shit til they hear it on radio or see it on 106 n park. All u need is one hit video on BET and u will be platinum. People will get ur shit and feel it, but they gotta know you fuckin exist first man...

Aug 27, 2004
i hope tech doesnt read this....this thread would break his heart. I DGAF how much richer he could be. Tech is comfortable with where hes at right now. He doesnt need all the bullshit fame like you want him to have...AS LONG AS HE'S MAKING GOOD MUZIK, dont fix something that aint broke. shut your mouth and be grateful tech still drops jewells.

Jun 23, 2003
i hope tech doesnt read this....this thread would break his heart. I DGAF how much richer he could be. Tech is comfortable with where hes at right now. He doesnt need all the bullshit fame like you want him to have...AS LONG AS HE'S MAKING GOOD MUZIK, dont fix something that aint broke. shut your mouth and be grateful tech still drops jewells.

Tech knows his fans are die hard. He shouldnt get heart broken but he should look over where his business is going. He can tour til he's dead but is anyone ever gonna know who tech n9ne is?

Im not knockin tech in anyway. I know he owns strange music. Travis owns the money and tech owns his rhymes. Thats all strange music is.

I just think tech has way more potential. Not musicly, hes great at that, but as far as where his label is and where it could be are quite the opposite.

I just wanna see tech more succesfull. I think he deserves it. And I only brought up this topic, because I read about there being no video for Killer at all. Thats pretty poor. its one thing to rely on regular fan base for sales. But by not even trying to make or market a video shows that nobody is even trying.

kevp

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2004
THEEZY SPEAKING TRUTH

...If "Like Yeah" was pushed on MTV BET theres no doubt they'd push Killer Beyond Platinum...the money put into major play would be NOTHING comapered to what would come back from it.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Theezy said:
"Why U Aint Callin Me" can be answered simply with one word just like dude said: JUGGALO
You think this is the only reason he hasn't made it?
It's not because he dissed MTV.
It's not because he paints HIS face.

It's because he's done a few collabs with Psychopathic, and said Juggalo a few times in his raps.

THEEZY SPEAKING TRUTH

...If "Like Yeah" was pushed on MTV BET theres no doubt they'd push Killer Beyond Platinum...
Really?
I'm all for optimism.
But god damn.

May 7, 2008
AGREED with this thread... well most of it..

Strange Music fails currently as a label and it needs to wake up and do shit!!!!!!! number 1 thing they should do is get international distro and tours kicked off !!!!!!

Sep 30, 2002
Tech knows his fans are die hard. He shouldnt get heart broken but he should look over where his business is going. He can tour til he's dead but is anyone ever gonna know who tech n9ne is?

Im not knockin tech in anyway. I know he owns strange music. Travis owns the money and tech owns his rhymes. Thats all strange music is.

I just think tech has way more potential. Not musicly, hes great at that, but as far as where his label is and where it could be are quite the opposite.

I just wanna see tech more succesfull. I think he deserves it. And I only brought up this topic, because I read about there being no video for Killer at all. Thats pretty poor. its one thing to rely on regular fan base for sales. But by not even trying to make or market a video shows that nobody is even trying.

Bro you are talking alot, and you don't know what you are talking about. I think your opinions in some areas are understandable but the idea of Strange Music started with Travis' dough and Tech's rhymes. It is not even close to that anymore. It is 50-50, so when the money goes into an S&S disc, its budget comes from Strange which is 50% Tech money and 50% Trav money. Mainstream artists want a deal like Tech has, why do you think they start their minnie labels after they get big? Tech just did it against the grain and has done an exceptional job.

Not turning a profit for a couple of years to making millions is success. I guarantee that a major is gonna want a part of Strange to sign Tech, and it isn't worth it. Most of you wouldn't understand what it is like to start a business and see it grow to be successful through a strict business plan like they have been able to implement, and then have to possibly lose control of even a tiny percentage of it makes it not the same at all. So when you didnt get a disc for 4 years and you don't get the vid you want right now, its because they have to focus their efforts and do what right for a label that IS NOT struggling.

Be fucking patient. And most of you cats on here talking about "being down with Tech since CBTS" are full of shit, you know the stories because they are in the music. Try riding around KC in 95' and even before, seeing Tech perform in front of audiences (be it small) and blow minds. Before Strange came to be he was was rockin huge spirit fest crowds in full face paint with the RDV's goin just as hard as he does now. But the sad part is that this cat was broke with babies he was was about to go through broken deal after broken deal and it was gonna get worse before it got better. Travis saved Tech for the most part, why can't you guys just let him enjoy his success?

Mar 12, 2006
Man... I'm sitting here listening to That Owl, don't really give a fuck what tech does at this point.

He has made amazing music, gave us his life, he doesn't owe anybody anything..

If you like it, support it..

If you don't like, shut the fuck up

kinda simple

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
As much as we wanna talk about "lack of promo" this and "no video" that, as much as I feel these points, I do keep it in mind that yea, Strange Music really IS an Indie label. So for instance, all this money that you say should go to paying DJs or doing such and such, we gotta remember this is the same dough that they probably need to help promote the other Strange acts. Like the one guy just stated, the money needs to be spread around across the label.

Tech needed something to really jump start his career after Absolute Power. The Juggalos called for him, he accepted and embraced them. If he just waited for the "mainstream" fans or especially the Black community to wake up, dude would have even less people at his shows now. His relationship with KMK, SubNoize, the Strange Nozie tour...the Juggalos, and specifically the Wicked Wonka tour in 03, served as the catalyst for all of that. If you wanna call Tech stupid or stubborn, he would've been just that for NOT taking advantage of that. That's like the spokesperson of Dom Peringon making that comment about rappers buying the drink. You wanna say "I don't want them buying my shit!" yet you wanna make money??

Nothing wrong with retaining the Juggalos and the KMK fan base, it's just about shooting higher from this point. One thing I believe needs to happen is Tech should perhaps get on other big rap tours. He's a Monster in his own right, a headliner and getting that cheddar. But dig this: hwo are all these other rap fans going to know Tech's great live when they aren't able to get a taste? They won't go to Tech's own show if they aren't already a fan, so he's gonna have to perform in front of someone else's fans and steal them. Hell, co-headline a tour with a bigger name, and go on second to last. That other headliner throw on one of their homies or groups as an opener; Tech throws on S&S as an opener. A co-headlining tour with The Game, for example, would be kinda raw.

Feb 9, 2006
So for instance, all this money that you say should go to paying DJs or doing such and such, we gotta remember this is the same dough that they probably need to help promote the other Strange acts. Like the one guy just stated, the money needs to be spread around across the label.
Thats the whole thing tho, money aint being used for ANY of that. At least not much at all. What promo did you see for Killer, Vitilago OR Word On The Streets?!

If it wasnt for me being apart of this board or being Techs friend on Myspace, I would of never know who the fuck the strange camp is. This is the problem, it seems like only thing I see money goin to is pockets and touring. Same ol shit since 2000.

Do I know what it takes to run a business? Fuck no, wont even pretend like I do. I wouldnt know the first thing to do when starting a label from the ground up. But I do know what it takes to make yourself a house hold name and get ur name out there for mainstream audiences to hear. Its NOT signing groups like PDM to your label, its getting your songs on radio, its getting your videos on major music channels and its making sicc ass songs that everyone will like. Thus far, Tech has accomplished one of those. I know that much for sure. Tech is by far one of the most liberal rappers out there so its gonna take even more than just good music for him to make it. And sorry but good music wont push him over to the other side. It just wont. Its going to take money. Like I said, if Tech doesnt wanna do that, fine, his career his decision his money. But then stop making songs and bitching in interviews about how people aint getting on your bandwagon.

The music industry is a game, play it or fall back in line and keep doing the underground thing. Bottom line. Tech is not gonna change the game I will end with that...

Oct 25, 2006
And sorry but good music wont push him over to the other side. It just wont. Its going to take money. Like I said, if Tech doesnt wanna do that, fine, his career his decision his money. But then stop making songs and bitching in interviews about how people aint getting on your bandwagon.
That's exactly what I'm saying. KCC keeps making out to be like Strange aren't doing well, like they don't have the kind of money to do what they constantly keep saying they're gonna do.. Where the fuck is the money going to?? Travis is rolling in dough, we all know that for a fact, and Tech is doing well too. Why aren't the other artists getting promotion?? It doesn't take much to ship out promotion materials. Why is the video so far behind? It's not just one thing or another, it's all of it together. Tech is saying in interviews that Strange is doing great, that everyone's getting paid, and how he's happy with the label, yet he's complaining about his lack of fans jumping on. He's contradicting himself. And sure, Travis may have "saved" him or whatever, but from what is happening, it seems like Travis doesn't share the same goal as Tech, and that's to get global. I can understand why the video didn't come out, as hard as to believe that it's so far behind, but not shipping out promo materials is just plain lazy. There is NO excuse for that.

Feb 8, 2006
I don't think he is doing bad at all. I like that I listen to music that is outplayed on the radio. For an independent lablel t he is enjoying success. He is just slowly growing bigger. Yeah there isnt alot promotion but there is more than before and will probably get bigger as time passes maybe. He coming to my town for the first time over here where I live so he going to towns hes hasnt came to in a long time (I think over 5-6 years).

Sep 30, 2002
That's exactly what I'm saying. KCC keeps making out to be like Strange aren't doing well, like they don't have the kind of money to do what they constantly keep saying they're gonna do.. Where the fuck is the money going to?? Travis is rolling in dough, we all know that for a fact, and Tech is doing well too. Why aren't the other artists getting promotion?? It doesn't take much to ship out promotion materials. Why is the video so far behind? It's not just one thing or another, it's all of it together. Tech is saying in interviews that Strange is doing great, that everyone's getting paid, and how he's happy with the label, yet he's complaining about his lack of fans jumping on. He's contradicting himself. And sure, Travis may have "saved" him or whatever, but from what is happening, it seems like Travis doesn't share the same goal as Tech, and that's to get global. I can understand why the video didn't come out, as hard as to believe that it's so far behind, but not shipping out promo materials is just plain lazy. There is NO excuse for that.
When did I say they don't have the money???!!! There is a difference in having money and spending money the right way. There are alot of mothafuckas that have had alot of money and they throw it away at great big grand idea's that don't pan out, and what do they have to show for it. Baby of Cash money just got his home foreclosed on, these artists are living off the labels dime and end up fucked in the end. Look at a guy like MC Hammer, he had pepsi and corporate sponsors even when people WERE buying music, and it was thrown right back in the machine and when it went bad he had no recourse. Before they take all the money they have made (and when you come from nothing a million here and a million there is alot) and just do what you guys think is right to do, there has to be some planning and EVEN MORE stacking.

There was a man that said, "you could take all of the money in the world and devide it evenly amongst the people and in 10 years all of the rich people would be rich again and all of the poor would be poor or in debt." There is truth to that. There are some things that could be done differently, but every risk must be calculated.

Feb 9, 2006
When did I say they don't have the money???!!! There is a difference in having money and spending money the right way. There are alot of mothafuckas that have had alot of money and they throw it away at great big grand idea's that don't pan out, and what do they have to show for it. Baby of Cash money just got his home foreclosed on, these artists are living off the labels dime and end up fucked in the end. Look at a guy like MC Hammer, he had pepsi and corporate sponsors even when people WERE buying music, and it was thrown right back in the machine and when it went bad he had no recourse. Before they take all the money they have made (and when you come from nothing a million here and a million there is alot) and just do what you guys think is right to do, there has to be some planning and EVEN MORE stacking.

There was a man that said, "you could take all of the money in the world and devide it evenly amongst the people and in 10 years all of the rich people would be rich again and all of the poor would be poor or in debt." There is truth to that. There are some things that could be done differently, but every risk must be calculated.

LoL well if you think this whole time Strange has been just planning on what to do. Then Strange is the fuckin George Bush team of indy rap labels. How fuckin long do they need to get sum kinda of action going? Tech aint got much longer in this industry. 2 MAYBE 3 more albums he could release and by then he will def be too old and outdated for anyone to give a fuck.

That whole statement is completely irrelevant to the topic. So Tech and them arent takin chances because they dont wanna blow their money when they make it? What the fuck does that have to do with anything. Tech and them obviously know how to budget their money. They aint broke and they do make good money now.

The fact is they aint puttin none of that money into shit that will really get them noticed.

Feb 9, 2006
The fact is, its none of anyone heres buisness what Strange does for promotion. Your buisness is to buy the fucking music and merch and go to concerts, your involvement ends there. What the fuck do any of you care if they don't handle their buisness the way you would. They're making millions a year while y'all probably work at walmart so I think they are doing something right.