PS3 could retail for $1000

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 14, 2006
if they wanted to make it cheaper then it would probobaly be nothing compared to XBOX 360 but with the thing they put on it make it worth hella lot of money but i remember someone saying that they would lose money when they would sell the PS3

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
People will pay whatever they have to. Look at the xbox when it came out...$1,000 on eBay and mother fuckers were on it like flies on shit.

But to say they wouldn't make their money back is retarded...Honestly, how much do you all thinkthe plastic and little metal parts cost? You could make a PS3 for under $100 I bet. If not under $200 for sure. Probably less. They will lose a lot of market share if they jack the price up though...If I remember well enough the xbox and ps2 were hot shit when they came out and were relatively innovative.....but they weren't more than $300.

I wouldn't pay $1000 for that shit, nor would I pay $600. That's a waste of money. And the only games I would get would be Madden and GTA4 when it comes out because it's supposed to be the most realistic game of it's type. And I just read somethin about GTA4 comin out in October for the PS3-so maybe that's some insight for a release date...I dunno.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
this time around im gonna be standing in line at bestbuy waiting to buy one and then selling it on ebay...shit if i have enough money i'll buy 2.

BUT i doubt it'll cost a fuckin G. Lets be realistic! Sony's sales would plummet if that were happen, which it won't.

May 12, 2002
Just talked to a guy I know that works at EB. He spoke with the Sony Rep Friday. Said it will not be under $400, and not over $550. I am sure they will have bundle packs and all of that. Also they are already trying to work out the kinks with the pre-order, so there will not be a 360 type scenario.