PS3 could retail for $1000

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
without reading the article, Id say Sony will shoot themselves in the foot on that one. It had better have HDTV, TIVO, CD/DVD feature, internet access, word processing ability, a calculator, and a mircowave to cook popcorn in for all that $$$.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
no fuckin way will it be $1000....sony would cut its market into 1/4 of what it is now at that price. they couldnt compete with the other consoles at that price,regardless of its features.

Dec 11, 2002
Cheaptimes said:
without reading the article, Id say Sony will shoot themselves in the foot on that one. It had better have HDTV, TIVO, CD/DVD feature, internet access, word processing ability, a calculator, and a mircowave to cook popcorn in for all that $$$.

.. AND give me a pedicure..

Apr 27, 2005
even IGN is saying that the ps3 launching at $1000 is plausible. The first blu ray drive, which isnt even out yet, is going to retail for $1800. Thats just for a blu ray player. Not only will the ps3 have the blu ray drive, it will also have the cutting edge cell processor and the highest end graphics card when it comes out, plus all the other stuff like ram. Ken kutaragi mentioned that he wants the ps3 to last two console life cycles, which means he would like to release the ps4 in about 10 years! He has said many many times that its going to be very expensive. Im almost positive the ps3 wont retail for less than $600 for the simple fact that sony would be taking too big of a loss on the system. I predict it will be $800.

Dec 30, 2003
Cheaptimes said:
hahahah thissss man said a fucing microwave... hahahahahahhaha cracked me up

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
shit, might be possible...

two brand new technologies were invented for the ps3, a cpu saposidly 10 times faster then the fastest cpu right now, and a disk that holds over 10 dvds worth of info on it...

i could see it goin for 1500 truthfully...

its a component in a home theater settup more then a gaming console if you think about it