PRETTY BLACK TO SIGN WITH DEATH ROW.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2007
Notice how you didn't mention any type of new talent or releases there. Stating the Death Row catalog just supports the fact that Death Row hasn't released anything that wasn't a retro release in years.

Furthermore, Dr. Dre recently won the royalties to his masters for his Death Row work in court. Secondly, Afeni Shakur won Tupac's royalties in court for Amaru several years back. So no, Suge is not the only one getting paid.
What you're saying is partially correct.

First concerning Dr. Dre, winning the right to the masters only gave him the power to re-release and control any of his works. Despite what was in the media, he received no money, just the songs.

Second, concerning 2Pac/Afeni, it was decided in court that they have no right to claim anything that their name wasn't on. This is why Daz is the only one that actually has been awarded any money from Death Row(24 million back in 2002). At the time when The Dogg Pound's album was released Daz was the only one with his name attatched to any piece of publishing(1995). Tupac had set up his "Joshua's Dream" publishing company in 1993, before joining Death Row, but part of his contract with Death Row was that he would only see money from post 1996 Death Row releases(which means everything after "All Eyez On Me" released Feb 13, 1996), which was when his contract would be up. The reason that Afeni is getting any money from "All Eyez On Me" is becuase of the songs that Daz was involved in, which is almost half. Afeni is the only one that is being awarded any kind of backpay because of the Daz settlemet, not her recent settlement. She has been getting money all along from "Makaveli"(released Nov 5, 1996) because Pac set up another agreement with Suge so that Amaru would receive publishing upon release. Prior to this, everything was signed by all parties under Suge Publishing, Death Row Publishing and Vrijon Publishing. The decision was that once these contracts are up, THEN they will start to see money. Afeni is the only one that is being awarded any kind of backpay because of the Daz settlemet.

The songs below are all of the songs that were under Pac's "Joshua's Dream" publishing company.

AIN'T HARD 2 FIND
LET THEM THANGS GO
VIOLENT
LAST WORDZ
STRUGGLIN'
POUR OUT A LITTLE LIQU
ME AGAINST THE WORLD
DEAR MAMA
IT AIN'T EASY
HIGH 'TIL I DIE
PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
LIFE GOEZ ON
AMBITIONZ AZ A RIDAH
SKANDALOUZ
GOT MY MIND MADE UP
2 OF AMERIKAZ MOST WAN
I AIN'T MAD AT CHA
CHECK OUT TIME
HOW DO U WANT IT
HIT 'EM UP
GUESS WHO'S BACK
ALL ABOUT U
LIVE MY LIFE
LOYAL TO THE GAME
TRADIN' WAR STORIES
THROW YOUR HANDS UP

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
if pretty black signed to deathrow...hes never going to drop

i hope he realizes that and takes his advance and hits the ground running

if crooked i didnt drop..best beliiiiiieve pretty black aint droppin

i probably have more money in my savings account than suge right now

Nov 7, 2005
anither way to look at is, pay suge a lump for using his name and the death row logo (instant controversy) go to koch and have them distribute album with tha row label. same koch deal. instead of it being pretyblack/koch and doing nothing nationwide. it is now death row//koch and able to get national attn based on that alone

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lol @ being happy to sign with Death Row these days.

Also can someone compile a list of "enter bay rapper name here has signed with enter major/known label here" threads so we can get a good laugh. I think maybe like 2 out of 1000 of these on here have been true or the person actually had a album come out on the label lol.